mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I used to find her one-note but I can safely say I've changed my mind about her. She is an extremely passionate actress, and after seeing Game Over, I was bowled over by her talent as well. That led me to revisit Thappad and what a nuanced, subtle, effective performance. She is self-made, and has built a fan following from scratch in Hindi movies. I follow her on IG, and she seems to be really invested in the craft as well.  True, she isn't a tremendously gifted performer like Kangana or Vidya, but she is trying hard to overcome her limitations.

What is your opinion regarding her? Do you think she can achieve super-stardom? She definitely has the best lineup right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu4c1-RL5vk

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely correct, she ain't that talented but for sure she is very hardworking and will get there. I don't like her hypocrisy on some aspects but overall she is sensible.

GumGum thumbnail

2 saal ki parallel topper, like Konkona, Vidya, Kangu.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

She reminds me of Deepika.  Her acting is subtle, to the point like her. Not OTT like others.

I liked her in thappad, naam shabana.

Edited by SugaAgustD - 3 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: SugaAgustD

She reminds me of Deepika.  Her acting is subtle, to the point like her. Not OTT like others.

I liked her in thappad, naam shabana.

True.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

She was amazing in Game Over, Manmarziyan and in Thappad๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ she is going to be on the top if she chooses work wisely, but she needs to stop competing with Kangana

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

She was amazing in Game Over, Manmarziyan and in Thappad๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ she is going to be on the top if she chooses work wisely, but she needs to stop competing with Kangana

Exactly. And Pink as well.

I feel she can get there, but you're right, she needs to define her own niche rather than competing with Kangu.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Exactly. And Pink as well.

I feel she can get there, but you're right, she needs to define her own niche rather than competing with Kangu.

idk how I missed Pink, with Pink, I actually realized how much of an actress she is. 

In the bid to show she isnt Kangana, she pulls off a miniature Kangana, its just that Swara gets there first and so you tend to ignore Tapsee's Kangana avatar๐Ÿ˜†

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree with you completely. 

She's not brilliant, but she is really good in certain kinds of roles... also props to her for not falling into flowerpot roles only, or just arty stuff like most outsiders nowadays... she's carved out a nice niche for herself and worked hard to succeed in it...

Has a great screen presence too, definitely not meh/forgettable like a lot of actresses in this generation..

Also though a lot of people seem to find her bad looking (maybe because she mostly does de-glamourized/serious roles?) but when she actually tries I think she looks a lot better than the likes of Kriti Sanon and Vaani Kapoor who people seem think are really good looking, oddly enough ๐Ÿ˜•)

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago
Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She's a good actor but her off-screen antics draw a lot of heat. She needs a good PR advisor.

Indian audiences tend to judge actors equally on their off-screen persona. Look at the Khans. Aamir, the intelligent one. SRK, the charming one. Salman, the misunderstood punk with a heart of gold.

That's why Katrina is rarely controversial. Deepika wasn't until that Chhapaak incident. Kangana is losing her status by being a crass loud-mouth. Part of the reason why Aishwarya was always diplomatic even during the Salman episode.

Going further, HR is too bland for many people but why does he have the biggest pull after the Khans? Akshay has maintained that too. A sidhe-sadhe, bhole-bhala Akshay image helps him.

Taapsee doesn't have the aura of a star but in today's time, where actresses are already lacking in charisma and originality, she can become a star if she maintains good PR.

Edited by SaayaOfKaaya - 3 years ago