mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Anyone who has seen Notebook(2019) would be in awe of this young, doe-eyed actress with immense potential. She should have won all the best debut awards last year, acc. to me. Her role embodied the fact that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication but unfortunately, got overlooked at all awards functions.

Sweet and simple, she comes across as a very genuinely likeable soul. A breath of fresh air in an industry populated with plastic faces, she is like a throwback to a previous era. 

I want to make it on my own, so that I can feel that I've earned what I  deserve: Pranutan Bahl | Hindi Movie News - Times of India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fHZQs6a1hc

Am surprised by the lack of hype, considering she's a nepo product.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Salman Khan presented her đŸ‘đŸź

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I love her. Probably Salman's best (most credible) launch ever. 

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

she's mohnish behl's daughter n kajol is her father's first cousin. nutan is her grandmother. so it seems nepotism doesnt work in some cases despite talent.

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She was very good in notebook...! I hope she get good work.. she deserve it

pieryrose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

She looks so beautiful and has a very vintage beauty aura to her looks. One of my favourite debut actress of all time. She has got the talent with the looks. I wish we can see her in many films.

HotFuzz thumbnail

She is promising and better than the current lot that are hyped to no end 

Edited by HotFuzz - 3 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She's a natural performer with lots of potential. I remember reading about her in one of Mohnish Behl's interviews long back. He said that she was attending auditions. So it's not like she was sitting on her behind waiting for Salman to launch her. Keeping my fingers crossed that she won't copy Vaani and spend her best years on the bench.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Exclusive! Pranutan Bahl reveals she hid her family lineage during auditions, says “I wanted to know if I deserved to be in front of the camera”

Mohnish Bahl’s daughter Pranutan Bahl made her big Bollywood debut with Nitin Kakkar’s ‘Notebook’. While her performance received praise from all quarters, the actress revealed that she never told anyone about her film family during the auditions.

Spilling the beans on the same, Pranutan exclusively told ETimes, “I was auditioning constantly since 2016 and I never told people that I belonged to a film family. I didn’t want any favours being granted to me. I didn’t want people to shortlist me based on the fact that I come from a film family. I wanted to know for myself if I deserved to be in front of the camera.”

Read Also

Elaborating more on the film, the young diva added, “As far as ‘Notebook’ is concerned, the film picked me. I am glad that it did. I heard the story and I was bowled over. It was a beautiful character and it gave me a lot of scope to perform and be amidst such a fantastic group of people, especially my director Nitin Kakkar. He was somebody whose vision I completely trusted.”

unnamed

Pranutan also opened up about her experience shooting for the film. “My experience was fantastic. We shot in Srinagar. I was there for around two months. I didn’t come back home even once during that time. We were shooting every day and the days we weren’t shooting were because of the snowfall. Nitin sir is an extremely detailed director. He won’t let his shot be an eight on ten. He wants it to be ten on ten and I love that. He pushes the beat out of you as an actor. What more could I have asked for,” she added.

Read Also

She further averred, “Nitin sir used to tell me that I have no inhibition or consciousness in front of the camera. According to him, my attitude in front of the camera used to be like I am made for this and only this! It was very organic. It was a homecoming for me. I am the happiest in front of the camera.”

‘Notebook’ also starred debutant Zaheer Iqbal in the lead role.

My respect for her has gone up after reading this👏