Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Classic case of misleading headlines and misinformation. As mentioned in the article text, she spoke about someone close to her suffering from addiction and that's why she's against it. 

Bollywood actor Dia Mirza professed anti-alcoholism. “I witnessed the effects of alcoholism at the tender age of nine because someone close to me was addicted to it. But, it took me 14 years to realise that it is not an addiction, but a disease. That was my true calling to profess against it. In a country like ours, going to rehab is a taboo, but don’t hesitate. Reach out to people who need help,” she pleaded.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/jharkhand/dia-speaks-against-liquor-brinda-hails-she-power-politicos-ad-gurus-and-cine-stars-advocate-untrodden-paths-at-tedx-hosted-by-iim-ranchi/cid/213300

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

Classic case of misleading headlines and misinformation. As mentioned in the article text, she spoke about someone close to her suffering from addiction and that's why she's against it. 

Bollywood actor Dia Mirza professed anti-alcoholism. “I witnessed the effects of alcoholism at the tender age of nine because someone close to me was addicted to it. But, it took me 14 years to realise that it is not an addiction, but a disease. That was my true calling to profess against it. In a country like ours, going to rehab is a taboo, but don’t hesitate. Reach out to people who need help,” she pleaded.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/jharkhand/dia-speaks-against-liquor-brinda-hails-she-power-politicos-ad-gurus-and-cine-stars-advocate-untrodden-paths-at-tedx-hosted-by-iim-ranchi/cid/213300

Oh wow 😳they changed the wording that fast! Interesting 

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's awful to see how quick people have been to attack the names that are coming out. How does anyone know any chats are real?! Even if they are, maybe they have been presented out of context to purposely fit the narrative. This is exactly what happened in the Utsav-Mahima case. Let the agencies do their job. If there is proof, they will be bound to the law but this public/media trial is horrible. Reputations are getting harmed. Kudos to Dia for immediately speaking out, I wish other celebs would come forward too.

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

You know what's truly appalling? The justice crusaders claim to be against blinds.. the claim to be fighting for justice.. and yet I can actually see them rubbing their hands in glee whenever the name of someone against their agenda is associated with the drug case.. Mind you, only associated.. not proven.. it's so pathetic

I fully support and understand family's decision to file the case.. but these justice crusaders have made things worse for the case.. they are largely the ones to be blamed for the turn things have taken and unfortunately they don't even seem to realize it

👏👏👏

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

What disgusts me further is watching this name dropping on national tv with pictures of actresses in swimwear, gym gear, footage from their item numbers ....footage from movies of them drinking and smoking ...

Do people even realise the deliberate attempts to put thoughts into ppls head? Media is meant to report issues not tell u directly or indirectly what to think of them..there are opinion pieces which are clarified to be individual opinions sure...but how is the above acceptable? 

and I still don’t understand how all this is “justice”...

it is appalling how excited ppl get when a certain new name gets dropped every day in this “scandal”...kyun bhai even if all of them get jailed tereko kya milega? And Sushant gets justice from this ? Wtf

Edited by pathaka - 3 years ago
fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Seven bills passed in Rajya Sabha today.No Opposition

Abhi aur kitne actresses will get blamed for this distraction to be complete

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

You know what's truly appalling? The justice crusaders claim to be against blinds.. the claim to be fighting for justice.. and yet I can actually see them rubbing their hands in glee whenever the name of someone against their agenda is associated with the drug case.. Mind you, only associated.. not proven.. it's so pathetic

I fully support and understand family's decision to file the case.. but these justice crusaders have made things worse for the case.. they are largely the ones to be blamed for the turn things have taken and unfortunately they don't even seem to realize it

Ghanta justice....sab apna ullu seedha kar rahe hain......aajkal toh kabhi kabhar jab TRP thodi low hone lagti hai....toh Sushant/Rhea /disha ka naam aata hai with another conspiracy theory....these media vultures got what they wanted and gullible people are lapping it up...

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

Some one posted Dia interview where she told that she was a alcoholic and drug addict and battled for 14 years to come out of it. The similar case of Kangana Ranaut...

So maybe chats are of those times when she is drug addict

Did you read that article entirely or just posting a hearsay? Can you please post the link for that article that you read?

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Did you read that article entirely or just posting a hearsay? Can you please post the link for that article that you read?

Real article posted on 2nd page - truth is completely different

Originally posted by: HugeScarcity

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Real article posted on 2nd page - truth is completely different

I don’t have to read any articles now because I very well remember from years ago when Dia shared about how she dealt, from a very young age, one of her loved ones struggling with addiction. People are severely lacking in empathy and are willing to declare anyone and everyone criminals without even knowing anything about them.