Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surabhi01

I already told in stree dhan   woman has full right on her jewellery whether she want to keep it or sell her own jewellery it is totally wife decisions husband can't question wife  on this 

Yes if  anupama   have sell vanraj  ' car in order to get  5 lakh ring then vanraj can question anupama why she sell car with out his permission  because on car  she doesn't not have solely right  

But in case of stree dhan  husband has no right on wife jewellery     

Only wife has solely right on her jewellery  so vanraj is not in position in to ask question from anupama why he sell jewellery

And even her mother in law can't question  why anupama sell jewellery  her own jewellery because mother in law has no right on daughter in law jewellery  

Here anupama did nothing wrong  . It is stree dhan  and wife is free to sell her jewellery in time of emergency  

So both  vanraj  and leela  are wrong scolding anupama 

I understand where you are coming from - it is not whether Anupama has the right to sell or not sell her own jewelry. In a marriage, if a husband and wife conducted themselves based solely on what is right and wrong, the marriage wouldn’t last is my guess. Compromise and communication is necessary. I am a married working woman and I wouldn’t brook my husband forbidding me to sell my jewelry whether it is shreedhan or not. At the same time, before taking such a big step AFTER he has expressed his displeasure at buying such an expensive ring, I would talk to him about it before doing anything drastic, not because I have the right to sell and not because he does not have the right to tell me BUT because we are in this together, the engagement, the facing of the insufferable mother in law to be, etc.  

It is the lack of Anupama’s common sense that boggles my mind. How would she have carried off presenting the ring at the engagement in front of guests? There would have been a scene. Is she not afraid of causing a ruckus on her son’s engagement day? Or is she so supremely and foolishly confident that she can carry it off?

Also, as a mother, Anupama should not be indulging her grown son so, she is handicapping the guy. Instead she should be explaining their financial inability to buy the ring and make him see sense that not all wants can be within reach. Her dhan, her jewelry, is for her hard times and knowing she has no job, is so dependent on her husband, she needs to understand she shouldn’t go squandering her dhan on a frivolous ring. Just because she has the authority and right to sell her jewelry should not mean Anupama can do so with impunity.  As for Leela questioning her, I am sure if Anupama’s brother or mother were present, they would have asked her too. 

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Tell me about it! How can one be so blind? It is beginning to grate as it is no longer achaiye but murkhtan. I fear Anupama will not come to her senses for a long time.  Even when she is made aware of her husband’s transgressions, she might convince herself that “her God” (Ravanraj) can do no wrong and it is her fault and allow him to bring in a second wife into the house and then begin to serve Kavya as well. Fingers crossed, this is not going to turn out to be that regressive of a show and that Anupama has an awakening and develops a spine and stands up to the Shah family especially to her sleaze of a husband. 

u didnt see the way she forget in sec how kavya was hugging vanraj and anu didnt even feel bad for that there was only leela shah who  didnt like it at all and she express it also  if anu really love vanraj she should atleast feel bad if u cant say but atleast in heart makers should show tht she didnt like it at all

but anu omg idk what to say now and precap is also useless as usually mahanta 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Yes  anupama  has buy  expensive ring  but she  bought it through from her own jewellery    it is her personal property. It is her right to sell her personal property 

And more over by selling her own jewellery she has sacrifice her own happiness. By selling her own jewellery  anupama is now not  able to wear her own jewellery given by mayka

When anupama has sell jewellery given by mayka  and when she has no problem that she can't wear her own jewellery   after selling her own jewellery then 

So why   should mother in law and vanraj  should have problem that anupama sell jewellery given by mayka 

Anupama is not saying to vanraj  to bring another jewellery  for her  then for what both are getting angry 

And more over selling jewellery and buying jewellery is like investment  . Buying and selling gold jewellery is good investment for ladies 

What will mother in law and vanraj do  with  jewellery of anupama if anupama  should not sell her own jewellery   ? 

And it is not that vanraj and leela is so worried  for  anupama that now anupama has sell her own jewellery now what will anupama wear in her hand  in ear.in special occasion  Now her hand and ear will become sunaa that is why out of concern both are scolding anupama 

Here both leela and vanraj  scolding anupama selling her own jewellery for their own selfish reason 

And suppose even if engagement broke but  still  that expensive ring is going anywhere 

Anupama can keep that expensive ring in bank locker and can use it for investment in future or for other special occasion 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Yes  anupama  has buy  expensive ring  but she  bought it through from her own jewellery    it is her personal property. It is her right to sell her personal property 

And more over by selling her own jewellery she has sacrifice her own happiness. By selling her own jewellery  anupama is now not  able to wear her own jewellery given by mayka

When anupama has sell jewellery given by mayka  and when she has no problem that she can't wear her own jewellery   after selling her own jewellery then 

So why   should mother in law and vanraj  should have problem that anupama sell jewellery given by mayka 

Anupama is not saying to vanraj  to bring another jewellery  for her  then for what both are getting angry 

And more over selling jewellery and buying jewellery is like investment  . Buying and selling gold jewellery is good investment for ladies 

What will mother in law and vanraj do  with  jewellery of anupama if anupama  should not sell her own jewellery   ? 

And it is not that vanraj and leela is so worried  for  anupama that now anupama has sell her own jewellery now what will anupama wear in her hand  in ear.in special occasion  Now her hand and ear will become sunaa that is why out of concern both are scolding anupama 

Here both leela and vanraj  scolding anupama selling her own jewellery for their own selfish reason 

And suppose even if engagement broke but  still  that expensive ring is going anywhere 

Anupama can keep that expensive ring in bank locker and can use it for investment in future or for other special occasion 

You raise valid points and I am not saying no to any of your points - it is Anupama’s jewelry, she has all rights over it but being a married woman, she does need to at least discuss it with her husband, period. If Vanraj had a piece of property he owned from before their marriage and sold it without telling his wife, that would be wrong as well. 

Plus if the engagement breaks, the girl here usually keeps the ring and doesn’t return it. And Anupama had no thought of exchanging her jewelry as an investment for another investment. She did it solely based on her illogical emotions. 

But let’s agree to disagree :)  Hopefully Anupama is not bereft of the ring as well if the engagement doesn’t happen. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susan.Dsouza

u didnt see the way she forget in sec how kavya was hugging vanraj and anu didnt even feel bad for that there was only leela shah who  didnt like it at all and she express it also  if anu really love vanraj she should atleast feel bad if u cant say but atleast in heart makers should show tht she didnt like it at all

but anu omg idk what to say now and precap is also useless as usually mahanta 

You are absolutely correct, the makers should have shown Anupama having at least a twinge of doubt or feeling bad that Kavya was hugging Vanraj like that. Anupama doesn’t even hold Vanraj’s hand 😢 and here was another woman hugging him in front of the entire family - chipak gayi is that what Leela said? 

Yup, the entry into the room is going to be useless as well tonight - Vanraj and Kavya will spring apart by the time Anupama looks up from her coffee cups. 

Waiting for the lady to gain some sense fast. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

But   why should anupama should discuss with her husband while selling her jewellery when it is said  stree dhan only belong to wife and husband has no right on jewellery 

Discussion with husband regarding selling jewellery ki baat tub aati hai  when  husband is also have right on jewellery 

When husband has no right on stree dhan  so what is, use of discussing with husband 

And also I think when engament break other party  return engagement ring. But even if  they did not  return back then they will have that ring given by  kinjal side 

Basically  the law made  that stree  dhan only belong to  wife  and she can sell it without  permission of anyone  so that wife can have financial security because there are  wife who are non working woman if th  who don't have source of income so law gave women right they can sell jewellery for their financial need

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

But   why should anupama should discuss with her husband while selling her jewellery when it is said  stree dhan only belong to wife and husband has no right on jewellery 

Discussion with husband regarding selling jewellery ki baat tub aati hai  when  husband is also have right on jewellery 

When husband has no right on stree dhan  so what is, use of discussing with husband 

And also I think when engament break other party  return engagement ring. But even if  they did not  return back then they will have that ring given by  kinjal side 

Basically  the law made  that stree  dhan only belong to  wife  and she can sell it without  permission of anyone  so that wife can have financial security because there are  wife who are non working woman if th  who don't have source of income so law gave women right they can sell jewellery for their financial need

It is not about the legality of it or streedhan, it is about the lack of sense on Anupama’s part. 

We are both repeating the same thing - you are talking about the jewelry being Anupama’s streedhan and that she can do with it whatever she wills.

I am saying yes, that is correct but as a wife Anupama needs to take into confidence her husband, the father of her son that is getting married, not because of legality or who has right over what but because in a marriage things ought to be done jointly especially for the good of children. 

Let’s leave it at that. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

U r missing point 

I want to say that law  allow wife  to sell her own jewellery  and husband  cannot question to her wife   it means  many years back   when some wife  was subject to domestic violence of  her husband  when husband  don't give wife proper basic need that is food and coth 

When wife such use to face such torture by husband then  law has passed that  in stree dhan  only wife has right  and she can sell  her own jewellery for her basic need in order to get getting proper food and clothe

Suppose if husband doing  cruelty to wife then  law  give permission to wife she has full right to sell her own jewellery without husband permission 

How this law going to help  wife  who is subject to cruelty of husband   if  husband  still have control on wife jewellery? Or she has to discuss with husband whether she can her jewellery or not 

If wife has to discuss  with husband that whether she can sell her jewellery or not there is no meaning of law  and it will not favorable to wife in hard time if she don't have other option to satisfy her basic need

Even if husband is not doing any cruelty still wife to free to sell her jewellery for what ever reason still husband cannot complain to wife over this 

Wife is free to sell her own jewellery any where any time. And in any occasion With out husband permission 

Suppose if she want to wear new jewellery on her son marriage or she want give gift to daughter in law during rasm  the still is free to sell her jewellery and get new jewellery for herself or gift for her daughter in  law 

In other word wife is free sell her own jewellery and free  to buy anything  from that money which she got after selling her jewellery 

I know both vanraj and Anupam  jointly arranging marriage but in marriage case also  Anupama free to sell her own jewellery without discussing it husband 

And if u see her mother in law and vanraj are complaining to Anupama why she sell her jewellery with out  their permission 

sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Anupama's jewellery is her own asset so nobody can decide what she has to with her jewellery. Vanraj and her mother can't decide anupama should sold her jewellery or not. 

Now let's come to the anupama's purpose of selling her jewellery. She sold out her stree dhan to buy ring for her daughter-in-law.  

Her husband and in-laws were not in favour of buying ring worth of 5 lac because it is too much for them and they can't afford it. Being someone's wife, what i understood is if your husband and family is against to buying fancy ring then either you should convince your son to settle with some lower budget ring or you should try to convince your husband to buy that out of budget ring for son's happiness. 

Either convince one of them or drop the idea of buying out of budget ring. lol why to sold out stree dhan to buy out of budget ring for daughter in law ? If son's happiness is out of budget ring then he should earn some money to help his parents in buying that out of budget ring. 

As a mother , wife and woman,I will teach my son what budget means, how to stay happy in what parents afford and how to become financially independent to buy out of budget things for wife. 

It's anupama's wish to sold out her stree dhan for ungrateful son's happiness but i feel she fails to understand that being housewife she has no earning , her stree dhan was only asset which she claims of her own and now she wasted her only asset on buying that out of budget ring.

When i look around,there are many mothers who can do anything to fulfill child's all demands but i always feel that mothers are making mistake by fulfilling all the illogical demands of child. In place of fulfilling all the demands, parents should teach child that we should learn to be happy in the thing what we can afford.

Aj bete ke liye apna stree dhan becha hai,kal bete ki koi or farmaish hogi to kya karegi yeh maa??

What will she do in future if vanraj throw her out of the house for kavya? Her stree dhan is also wasted on fulfilling stubborn  child's illogical demand. How she will survive after selling her only asset?? She has no knowledge of laws and now no asset too. God save this foolish woman who sold out her stree dhan just to fulfill son's nonsense demand😡 

Jo stree dhan usko apne liye bacha kar rakhna chahiye tha usko ek piddi si ring ke liye bech diya😡

Edited by sweet_tania - 3 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_tania

Anupama's jewellery is her own asset so nobody can decide what she has to with her jewellery. Vanraj and her mother can't decide anupama should sold her jewellery or not. 

Now let's come to the anupama's purpose of selling her jewellery. She sold out her stree dhan to buy ring for her daughter-in-law.  

Her husband and in-laws were not in favour of buying ring worth of 5 lac because it is too much for them and they can't afford it. Being someone's wife, what i understood is if your husband and family is against to buying fancy ring then either you should convince your son to settle with some lower budget ring or you should try to convince your husband to buy that out of budget ring for son's happiness. 

Either convince one of them or drop the idea of buying out of budget ring. lol why to sold out stree dhan to buy out of budget ring for daughter in law ? If son's happiness is out of budget ring then he should earn some money to help his parents in buying that out of budget ring. 

As a mother , wife and woman,I will teach my son what budget means, how to stay happy in what parents afford and how to become financially independent to buy out of budget things for wife. 

It's anupama's wish to sold out her stree dhan for ungrateful son's happiness but i feel she fails to understand that being housewife she has no earning , her stree dhan was only asset which she claims of her own and now she wasted her only asset on buying that out of budget ring.

When i look around,there are many mothers who can do anything to fulfill child's all demands but i always feel that mothers are making mistake by fulfilling all the illogical demands of child. In place of fulfilling all the demands, parents should teach child that we should learn to be happy in the thing what we can afford.

Aj bete ke liye apna stree dhan becha hai,kal bete ki koi or farmaish hogi to kya karegi yeh maa??

What will she do in future if vanraj throw her out of the house for kavya? Her stree dhan is also wasted on fulfilling stubborn  child's illogical demand. How she will survive after selling her only asset?? She has no knowledge of laws and now no asset too. God save this foolish woman who sold out her stree dhan just to fulfill son's nonsense demand😡 

Jo stree dhan usko apne liye bacha kar rakhna chahiye tha usko ek piddi si ring ke liye bech diya😡

Kudos! My thoughts exactly. I have the right to jump off a cliff but just because I have the right to do it, if I did it, I would be a moron with no sense. Anupama selling her streedhan with no forethought is foolish in the extreme.

Yeah, tomorrow the son will ask for a fancy car for Kinjal, what is Anupama going to sell? Her kidney? Like Vanraj asked. Being a good mother is not to give into every unreasonable demand of the child, it is as you say, also teaching them to live within their means, to budget, and not hanker after stuff that is unreachable at the moment. And if she spent all her streedhan on one child, what about the other two? And what about her own financial well-being?  

Anupama is totally lacking sense, living in some world where she is this fairy godmother to her children and an eternal 18 yr old, coy at the dreams of some attention her nalayak husband might throw at her. Allowing Kavya to stay at her house with not a thought or a trigger sparked by what her friend warned her about and what Anirudh clearly told her, Anupama deserves all that is coming to her and more. God helps those who help themselves and this woman is bent on destructing herself. She needs to have some sense  shaken into her before it is too late.