Getting on the nerves much

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Liked Anupama’s innocence and kindness and caring nature at first but lately she is getting a bit out of hand. Seriously who would go buy a 5 lakh ring without telling her husband her hare-brained plan?

Who would watch another woman fling herself at her husband and claw at his back so much so that the mother in law tells the other woman that her son’s shirt will get torn, and still wipe that other woman’s tears and ask her to stay at their home? 

Not one iota of doubt at the other woman’s behavior, no question or discussion with (cheating) husband, acting coy and blushing like a teenager in the first throes of love when Ravanraj (apt name whoever coined it) calls her Anu and plays her like a harp. Walks in on filthy husband and sleazy woman hugging in Pakhi’s room and is so intent on balancing the coffee cups and acting idiotic about it that she probably gives enough time for erring husband and house breaker to jump apart.  The mother in law questioned Anupama asking her if she doubted Ravanraj, Ba is against the barging woman being made a welcome guest at the shah household, her motherly instincts are on point. She knows instinctively her son is up to no good. Ba tells Anupama indirectly in the pre-cap to go check on her arrogant, insolent, double standard, chauvinistic son but this dolt of a woman, Anupama, has no clue about the slime brewing underneath her own nose.

She bothers me, Anupama, she doesn’t come across as a naive, kind, caring home maker anymore, she comes across as a foolish, supremely confident in her own misguided opinions, ill-informed woman. She has some grandiose ideas about her abilities as well, granted she got Rakhi to agree, but to take it upon herself to go buy that ring and keep bragging to Ravanraj as he lays there cotton stuffed in his ears, that she, Anupama, will make sure the engagement goes well and everyone is kept happy, etc., smacks of exaggerated, idiotic self pride.  

Waiting for the lady to shed her Mahanta and her pride in said mahanta and become normal.  Want to see her angry at Ravanraj, punch a few lines at Ba, and send Ravanraj packing while she exerts her right as the woman of the house.  Too much to ask, I realize. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Yes  any wife is free to buy jewellery  in exchange of  her own jewellery with out husband permission  according to Indian law 

In other words  wife is free to sell or buy her own jewellery with out  taking anyone permission according to Indian law  

Refer to   Indian law 

Section 14 of 1956 

Section 27 under hindu  marriage Act  1955

This two section give fully  right to wife on  jewellery which she receive at time of her time of wedding.  either from  mayka or sasural   ,Wife is free to sell her jewellery 

If husband or anyone take wife jewellery against her will then it is illegal according to Indian law 

So leela taking back jewellery ( the jewellery she gave to anupama at time of anupama wedding)from  anupama   is illegal 

According to Indian law in wife jewellery ,only wife has right on her jewellery   ( stree dhan)  husband  has no legally right on wife jewellery  he can't even question his wife why her wife sell his her jewellery or buy her jewellery 

Wife has fully legal right on her jewellery ( stree dhan) 

Even govt allow woman to buy 500 gm jewellery  . After buy 500 gm jewellery one has to pay tax

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago
Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

even anupama ki achaiye getting to my nerves too now specially in kavya matter that pissed me off more how can she be blind this much where u cant see different between friendship and love 

Angel_Shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

i don't think anupama knows about the law. agar pta hota toh family ke samne itne q n a nhi karna padhta. she could have boldly said meri jewellery thi maine bech di. baat khatam.😈but naah makers ko masala kaise milega. toh jitni bechari woh anupama ko dikha sakte hain utna dikhayenge. 🤓 

Edited by ANGELshweta - 3 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Yes  any wife is free to buy jewellery  in exchange of  her own jewellery with out husband permission  according to Indian law 

In other words  wife is free to sell or buy her own jewellery with out  taking anyone permission according to Indian law  

Refer to   Indian law 

Section 14 of 1956 

Section 27 under hindu  marriage Act  1955

This two section give fully  right to wife on  jewellery which she receive at time of her time of wedding.  either from  mayka or sasural   ,Wife is free to sell her jewellery 

If husband or anyone take wife jewellery against her will then it is illegal according to Indian law 

So leela taking back jewellery ( the jewellery she gave to anupama at time of anupama wedding)from  anupama   is illegal 

According to Indian law in wife jewellery ,only wife has right on her jewellery   ( stree dhan)  husband  has no legally right on wife jewellery  he can't even question his wife why her wife sell his her jewellery or buy her jewellery 

Wife has fully legal right on her jewellery ( stree dhan) 

Even govt allow woman to buy 500 gm jewellery  . After buy 500 gm jewellery one has to pay tax

Totally agree with you that Anupama has every right to sell her jewelry but her husband has already said no to buying the ring. Why not then discuss with him or tell him she was going to exchange her jewelry for the ring? 

I am aware of the streedhan law, it is not the legality of the issue that irked me, it is that Anupama did this without so much as “I am going to do this” to her husband. How was she going to pass off the ring at the engagement? There would have been another hullabulla in front of guests. The lacking in common sense is what I am referring to not the legal right. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susan.Dsouza

even anupama ki achaiye getting to my nerves too now specially in kavya matter that pissed me off more how can she be blind this much where u cant see different between friendship and love 

Tell me about it! How can one be so blind? It is beginning to grate as it is no longer achaiye but murkhtan. I fear Anupama will not come to her senses for a long time.  Even when she is made aware of her husband’s transgressions, she might convince herself that “her God” (Ravanraj) can do no wrong and it is her fault and allow him to bring in a second wife into the house and then begin to serve Kavya as well. Fingers crossed, this is not going to turn out to be that regressive of a show and that Anupama has an awakening and develops a spine and stands up to the Shah family especially to her sleaze of a husband. 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANGELshweta

i don't think anupama knows about the law. agar pta hota toh family ke samne itne q n a nhi karna padhta. she could have boldly said meri jewellery hi maine bech di. baat khatam.😈but naah makers ko masala kaise milega. toh jitni bechari woh anupama ko dikha sakte hain utna dikhayenge. 🤓 

I think Anupama knows the law otherwise she would not have told Ba that the jewelry she bartered was the jewelry given by her maike. If she didn’t know the law, the mahaan lady would have felt that anything and everything she brought into the house belongs to her sasural.

To me, the premise of what Anupama did was wrong. Vanraj for once rightly asked, would you sell the house next if the kids were upset or Rakhi demanded something else. It is a big step, 5 lakhs is a lot of money for a middle class family and Anupama cannot solely decide how to run this engagement be it layn dheyn (give and take of gifts), wife and husband should agree or agree to disagree. Going off and doing her own thing is just not kosher. All because Kinjal wanted it? What if Kinjal/Toshu, that overgrown brat wants a nice new condo or something else, would Anupama jeopardize everyone else’s well being and keep the house for girvi to get the money? The jewelry is hers but she has two other children as well.

You are so right, the makers will show Anupama as bechari to the worst extent possible :(

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 3 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

I don't think anupama has need to discuss with  vanraj regarding whether she can sell her own jewellery or not 

And coming to vanraj  . He has even problem that anupama is talking her  best friend  devika. And going out side with friends 

He never like if anupama want to do something on her own

Anupama  is not choti bacchi that she has to do that thing only what her husband want.  

Anupama is going to mother in law  now she is middle age woman and mother of three  one teenage and   two grown up children and at this age let anupama take decisions on her own 

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

I don't think anupama has need to discuss with  vanraj regarding whether she can sell her own jewellery or not 

And coming to vanraj  . He has even problem that anupama is talking her  best friend  devika. And going out side with friends 

He never like if anupama want to do something on her own

Anupama  is not choti bacchi that she has to do that thing only what her husband want.  

Anupama is going to mother in law  now she is middle age woman and mother of three  one teenage and   two grown up children and at this age let anupama take decisions on her own 

Vanraj cannot dictate whether Anupama can or cannot sell her jewelry, agreed, period. And Anupama does not need to get his permission to do so. But they are husband and wife and live together supposedly in harmony, so it behooves her to tell him what she is upto or try and convince him otherwise. Yes, most likely he would not have been happy with her decision and she could have gone ahead and exchanged her jewelry for the ring anyway. How would she have pulled off the ring at the engagement if Rakhi hadn’t outed it? There would have been a huge tamasha if it was brought out there for the first time.  

Just because Anupama has the right does not mean she should go about doing things without telling her husband especially if it is a joint thing as in their son’s engagement. The Shahs are not super rich like Rakhi and Anupama has to at least use Vanraj as a sounding board about the unreasonable demands being made by Rakhi. If her overgrown brat of a child wants an expensive car tomorrow because that is what Kinjal is used to, what will Anupama sell next? Even Ba is not refuting that the jewelry is Anupama’s and like Leela said she did not make any bedh baav about whose jewelry it was until Anupama differentiated as to what jewelry she had sold for the ring, Leela was just upset at Anupama’s foolish decision. It was only after Anupama’s statement that the jewelry was from her mother that Ba asked her to give her other jewelry for safekeeping - Ba did say Anupama can do what she wants with it after she, Ba, is gone.

Somebody needs to reign in Anupama’s stupidity. Acting like a child that has been given cotton candy (when she got the ring and even at other times) is okay once or twice but to constantly act like that when she is an adult grown mother of 3 is getting irksome. Some maturity, some sense, not running around constantly taking undue pride in serving coffee, chai, food, is what is expected. She is a doormat most of the time and the times she does act on her own, she does it without akal. Don’t get me wrong, I like Anupama, she just frustrates. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

I already told in stree dhan   woman has full right on her jewellery whether she want to keep it or sell her own jewellery it is totally wife decisions husband can't question wife  on this 

Yes if  anupama   have sell vanraj  ' car in order to get  5 lakh ring then vanraj can question anupama why she sell car with out his permission  because on car  she doesn't not have solely right  

But in case of stree dhan  husband has no right on wife jewellery     

Only wife has solely right on her jewellery  so vanraj is not in position in to ask question from anupama why he sell jewellery

And even her mother in law can't question  why anupama sell jewellery  her own jewellery because mother in law has no right on daughter in law jewellery  

Here anupama did nothing wrong  . It is stree dhan  and wife is free to sell her jewellery in time of emergency  

So both  vanraj  and leela  are wrong scolding anupama 

Edited by surabhi01 - 3 years ago