Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Girl_InMedicine

Today was Raman's entry. He looked so dashing! I wish KP gets back to this look. Body building really doesnt suit him

The dialogues that really stood out to me were when he said Mihir-

" Emotions are the biggest hurdle in the way of success"

"Shadiyan hote hi tootne ke liye hai "

I just got reminded of Raman's dialogues to Mihir in the license track.

He says the exact opposite..

" Maine jo kuch bhi kya sirf Ishita ke liye kiya. Kyunki Ishita mere liye important hai. She deserves it"

" Agar Ashok mera pura company maang leta..toh woh bhi de deta "

" Jo dil se karna tha, woh kar chuka hoon. Ab dimaag se nahi sochunga"

How much did he change! From a person who used to think emotions are the biggest hurdle in success to someone who could put his entire career at stake..for the same emotions !

I agree that KP's look before the 7-year leap in YHM was the best look. 

I have read time and again on India Forums that Ishita came along and changed Raman into a different person. I don't believe so. Honestly, I hate the trope where the male lead is a heartless brute and then the female lead comes along and changes him and breathes life into him. It unnecessarily perpetuates the idea of wives and girlfriends bearing the brunt of a man's anger and being responsible for making him civil. Plus, I also believe that you can't really change the basic nature of a person. Yes, he/she can make changes to his habits and behaviors, but not nature and personality.

In the case of YHM, I believe that once Ishita came along, Raman went back to being his old true self. He had hidden under a mask of nonchalance and arrogance but deep down he was always the man that loved and doted on his family. There were cracks and crevices in his relationships with his parents, siblings, and kids, but he was too scared to fix them after the betrayal he faced from Shagun. He adopted a defensive stance by not showing emotions so that he never has to face such betrayal again. Even then, he was fiercely loyal to every family member of his, whether bound by blood or not (Mihir). He just wouldn't express his love as he used to and after a few years of pretending not to care, he forgot how to express his love and care that he so surely felt for his family. When Ishita came along as Ruhi's mother, she started mending his relationship with Ruhi just for the sake of Ruhi's happiness. In that process, Raman figured out how to go back to being happy and loved and figured out how to express his love once again. And as Raman found his previous happy self, the people around him, namely his parents, siblings, and children, also found their relationships with Raman get restored or even get stronger. In this same process, Ishita also began seeing Raman for who he really is which opened the doors for her healing to begin as well as she found a man who not only accepted her for who she was but in fact, loved every quirk of hers. 

Girl_InMedicine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditii

I have read time and again on India Forums that Ishita came along and changed Raman into a different person. I don't believe so. Honestly, I hate the trope where the male lead is a heartless brute and then the female lead comes along and changes him and breathes life into him. It unnecessarily perpetuates the idea of wives and girlfriends bearing the brunt of a man's anger and being responsible for making him civil. Plus, I also believe that you can't really change the basic nature of a person. Yes, he/she can make changes to his habits and behaviors, but not nature and personality.

In the case of YHM, I believe that once Ishita came along, Raman went back to being his old true self. He had hidden under a mask of nonchalance and arrogance but deep down he was always the man that loved and doted on his family. There were cracks and crevices in his relationships with his parents, siblings, and kids, but he was too scared to fix them after the betrayal he faced from Shagun. He adopted a defensive stance by not showing emotions so that he never has to face such betrayal again. Even then, he was fiercely loyal to every family member of his, whether bound by blood or not (Mihir). He just wouldn't express his love as he used to and after a few years of pretending not to care, he forgot how to express his love and care that he so surely felt for his family. When Ishita came along as Ruhi's mother, she started mending his relationship with Ruhi just for the sake of Ruhi's happiness. In that process, Raman figured out how to go back to being happy and loved and figured out how to express his love once again. And as Raman found his previous happy self, the people around him, namely his parents, siblings, and children, also found their relationships with Raman get restored or even get stronger. In this same process, Ishita also began seeing Raman for who he really is which opened the doors for her healing to begin as well as she found a man who not only accepted her for who she was but in fact, loved every quirk of hers. 

Totally agree with you! Raman wasn't your typical angry young man like the Gul's heroes. His character had depth..And as you said,he was always a loving and caring person hiding behind the facade of an insensitive,stone hearted man. And Ishita herself says this, in Amma's accident track. When IshRa go to Raman's friend's anniversary party, the women there ask Ishita..How did you change Raman? I dont remember the exact dialogues,but she says something on these lines..

" Raman was always like this. Now he just started being himself"

Originally posted by: Faria.

Re telecast? Wow. But where and when?

Star Plus. 12:30 PM

Aditi_X thumbnail

So today I was watching the episode from 13th Jan 2014 on the YHM Domain. The scene from about 5 minutes to 7 minutes sent my mind on a whirlwind and hence this post. Basically its the track where Raman and Ishita are pretending to be husband-wife in front of Tandon. In that scene, Raman, Ishita, Ruhi, Mihir, and Mihika are having lunch with the Tandons in the mall, and Mihika's relationship status comes up as a topic of conversation (like if she is married, if she is dating, or if she is looking for rishtas). In that conversation, Mihika indirectly taunts Mihir by saying how all Punjabi boys are the same and in the end, only do what their family wants and don't stick up for their partner. Mihir replies saying that not all Punjabi boys are the same and it is unfair to measure everyone with the same yardstick. Raman says, "Exactly. Log bure nahi hote, halaad acche bure hote hain." Ishita then gives him a knowing look.

When I watched this scene today, I think the writers missed a golden chance to be able to show Raman a mirror. At this point in time, Raman was shown having the thought process that all women are gold diggers and don't care for emotions. This was a perfect time for Ishita to reply to Raman saying something along the lines of "Mihir is right. You can't measure everyone with the same yardstick. Not men OR women." *Looks knowingly at Raman*

I have always thought that this time in IshRa's lives was crucial because both brought out the worst in each other and thus brought their worst fears and insecurities to the forefront. Ishita had blurted out once saying Raman's wife was lucky to have left him and that he didn't deserve a child like Ruhi. Raman once taunted Ishita saying she doesn't deserve a child. He also taunted her saying how she tries to get rid of the emptiness in her life via her attachment with Ruhi. The following is a conversation that I imagine could have happened too between Ishita and Raman:

Raman: Tum maa nahi ban sakti isiliye meri beti pe apna hak jataane ki koshish kar rahi ho? (You can't have kids of your own, is that why you're trying to assert your right on my daughter?)

Ishita: Main maa isiliye nahi ban sakti kyunki main ek bacche ko janam nahi de sakti. Aap to ek bacchi ko janam dene ke baad bhi uske pita nahi ban paaye. (I can't have kids because I can't give birth to a child. You have given birth to a daughter but still couldn't be her father.) *mic drop*

Whenever I watched this phase of their relationship, it bothered me as to why they were so nasty with each other with their words. But as I kept thinking some ideas struck me. Unlike other serials, where the leads fight with each other just for the heck of it to be able to use the enemies to friends to lovers trope, in YHM both Raman and Ishita had to be the mirror for each other, and in that process, they had to bring out the worst deepest wounds of each other. Besides the cultural divide between their families, both Raman and Ishita as individuals had to be at loggerheads in order to bring to the forefront their deepest wounds and greatest fears. Ishita couldn't fathom how Raman treated Ruhi because after the bad hand that she was dealt with by destiny she considered children to be a blessing. In her irk and annoyance towards Raman, Ishita brought up Raman's pain from Shagun's betrayal and his self-esteem as a man. Raman couldn't deal with Ishita's interference in his life (namely Ruhi's life) and the accompanying reminder of his failure as a father/husband, so he brought up Ishita's insecurity about not being able to become a mother and being a reject/unwanted. No one from their families could do that; only they could challenge each other in that way. Before a wound can be healed, its total impact needs to be known. This phase was where the depth of their wounds and scars became known. Once they got married, the healing could begin. Ruhi healed the mother in Ishita as Ishita showered Ruhi with love. In that process of healing the mother inside her, Ishita healed the father in Raman as she brought him closer to Ruhi. As IshRa healed as parents, they both began healing each other by finding a partner who stood by them at all odds. And then finally, they fell in love as they accepted each other for the individual they were, as Ishita and Raman. So in summary, they had to bring out the worst in each other before they could progress to a point where they brought out the best in each other.

Sorry for so many posts and for such a long one at that. I think about one scene of IshRa and my mind takes me on a roller coaster ride. This is why I probably shouldn't write fan fiction. I would never be able to stop lol. 

Edited by Aditii - 3 years ago
Aditi_X thumbnail

Originally posted by: Girl_InMedicine

Totally agree with you! Raman wasn't your typical angry young man like the Gul's heroes. His character had depth..And as you said,he was always a loving and caring person hiding behind the facade of an insensitive,stone hearted man. And Ishita herself says this, in Amma's accident track. When IshRa go to Raman's friend's anniversary party, the women there ask Ishita..How did you change Raman? I dont remember the exact dialogues,but she says something on these lines..

" Raman was always like this. Now he just started being himself"

OMG YES! I was actually just thinking about that party scene right after I posted my thoughts. I was going to go back and edit it to include this but I'm glad you mentioned it. She also said something like "wo ab khush rehne lage hain" (He's started being happy). 

Jab Jab Tere Paas Main Aaya,Ek Sukoon Mila

Jisse Main Tha Bhoolta Aaya,Woh Wajood Mila

Jab Aaye Mausam Gham Ke,Tujhe Yaad Kiya

Jab Sahme Tanhapan Se,Tujhe Yaad Kiya

Haleyy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Raman’s special design for Ishita❤️

Divyanka can pull off anything 

Some of ishita’s wardrobe is so worse yet she  looks so pretty 😍 

Haleyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: UmeraTariq

You're welcome dear. 😊❤️

Hotstar first launched in 2015, before that YouTube used to release minisodes of 5 minutes which would cover the whole episode. 

YHM had #1 on IF that's why it used to pop up on Google search. Those days were the best. 

I'm glad you joined in the discussion. It's always good to be surrounded by people as the same preference as yourself. Thank you. 

oh yeah I remember seeing 5 mins videos in YouTube .

Those days even 22 mins yhm is not enough for us and I used to be mad at star plus for only showing 5 mins before I found IF 

Yes . It’s good to be around like minded people to gush over ishra and adore baby roo 

Like ishra IF also is big part of life .

IF FF writers , depth analysis wale posts , good observing posts all added fuel to the fire of ishra addiction 🔥 

Haleyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: zohakhan7

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFNVUCfhz3Q/?igshid=yb53heux6s19

KP'S eyes are his assets...His eyes emotes n conveys so much without saying much 😳

perfectly captured SS 

This guy is the best 

His voice modulation also too good ! 

I wonder how Karan can enact so well as throat infected person ( his rough voice modulation in land auction issue track  ) , dental patient ( his slow painful voice modulation whenever he has tooth ache ) , drunkard version , romantic husky voice ( epic Kya) , consoler  ( his Shhh) and also the guy who shouts on top of his voice . 

Haleyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditii

Wow 🤩 such a deep thoughts in this post 

Well explained 

In the initial episodes of yhm makers have showed other side of Raman in some episodes 

1. Raman helping the old guy  who is unloading big heavy items from truck by carrying it .

2.Raman asking the cops to behave gently with ishita’s appa during Ruhi expired medicine fiasco ( though he misunderstood the entire situation and he was responsible for papa’s arrest ,they showed other side of Raman here and there )

3. He beats Romi black n blue since he was not respecting woman ( when he was peeking into mihika’s room in one party) 

4.Raman was not ready to get  mihir arrested ( mihika mms case - where toshiji says Raman might not be in ishita’s good books if he tries saving mihir and ishita might go against Raman in custody ) even at the cost of roo’s case since he believed mihir is right .

Even after wedding before ishra even in good terms , there was a small scene in which Rinky is about to eat veg sandwich( may b the last piece), Raman says let khaas phoos eater ishita eat this and asks Rinki to have omlette .

He was caring for her though he doesn’t like her in that stage . 

Edited by Haleyy - 3 years ago