Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: fosla

Did the bf of Pratyusha, husband of Sri, bf of Jiah Khan go to jail? Were they publicly hounded with media and hashtags to this extent? 

The Telugu actress case has more solid reasons to blame the boyfriend too with the evidence. No there is no online justice, but law taking its course

The law always looks at the partners first! I am talking not about the law but the armchair lawyers behind tweets and media rooms who pronounce justice with these theories. India’s black widow and Vishkanya are not names by the law but by this society 

Rhea is in jail because she was procuring drugs illegally.. had she not done the illegal stuff, she wouldn't be jailed

They were considered guilty and still are considered guilty.. this case got blown out of proportion due to lockdown and the likes of Kangana and Arnab.. but doesn't change the fact that always the partners are considered the first suspect

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Supporting or not is a personal choice.Bollywood as a whole doesn't support Rhea. Lakhs of ppl r working in the industry. 

The ones supporting Rhea weren't probably born back then😆. They ain't responsible for what bollywoodies did to rekha. 

Edited by elim - 3 years ago
Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

As currently rhea is one of d accused in SSR case dur to repeated media trial against her bollywood started growing garden of roses & violet to smash patriarchy me & u in her honour. They event started bring sati pratha to get sympathy 4 her.

I read Rekha suffered worst than rhea when her husband committed suicide . People called her daayan , chudail, pati ko kha jane wali etc. Tab ye bollywood ne patriarchy ko smash kyu nhi kiya , ye Rekha dint blamed her late husband for everything which comes under crime or unke pati sapne aa ke nhi kaha ki meri family aur meri  beizzati karo in national TV pe sympathy lene ke liye, ya phir Rekha drugs se connection nhi tha.

Why bollywood never came forward to protect Rekha who was super star , she is also go through worst media trials , her in laws accused her . Infact bollywood started badmouthing rekha .

Why bollywood has so double standards ,? 

Actually you are so right- I was sickened to read about the way she was treated and the kind of statements disgusting men like Anupam Takla Kher and Subhash Ghai gave on her, to a colleague who had done nothing wrong but lose her husband to depression.

Its been so long but maybe a few people did support her since she has a group of loyal insider friends to this day such as Simi Garewal, Rakesh Roshan and Sallu's family. I do think Bollywood was a different place back then, naturally since it was a different era and it was a reflection of our society back then which is quick to label women like Rekha "daayan" and "chudail". Very bizarre conspiracy theories exist about her even today.

Things are not as bad now as there are still lots of loud, progressive voice, especially female voices on social media that will tear this kind of shit logic to pieces. Not commenting on the Rhea case but in the last 4-5 years Ive seen that male actors or any public figure cant get away with this sexist crap so easily. It's an encouraging sign.

Edited by Sashay01 - 3 years ago
fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Rhea is in jail because she was procuring drugs illegally.. had she not done the illegal stuff, she wouldn't be jailed

They were considered guilty and still are considered guilty.. this case got blown out of proportion due to lockdown and the likes of Kangana and Arnab.. but doesn't change the fact that always the partners are considered the first suspect

There’s a difference between Partners being the first suspect and a mob  demanding her to be hanged for justice is being placated by jailing her for a crime that is not filed in the FIR.

Considered guilty vs in jail is a huge difference right? That’s why there was a cry on shame on patriarchy. As all those examples mentioned by you were considered not jailed forget about going through hours of interrogation on a daily basis for months and home hounded by the garb of journalists 

fosla thumbnail

The nature of our ingrained mentality to blame the woman for being the home wrecker. Rekha was the quintessential example where they couldn’t get to blame the men for falling in love with her or the affairs but held her responsible and spun stories about her ex husband’s death to her.

desertsun thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The nature of our ingrained mentality to blame the woman for being the home wrecker. Rekha was the quintessential example where they couldn’t get to blame the men for falling in love with her or the affairs but held her responsible and spun stories about her ex husband’s death to her.

Yeah in this case, I remember reading the gossip back when her husband committed suicide. They said he left his entire fortune to his psychiatrist/alleged lover. Rekha never contested it. She kept quite throughout.

The other controversy she had was with Raveena, who claimed she was not acting like a woman her age-but I think Rekha got the better role in that movie  and was friendly with Akshay-I think she was dating Akshay at that time and hence double jealousy. Then the whole Amitabh controversy. Vinod Mehra etc etc. 

Rekha always maintained a dignified silence. She had a tough life-daughter of South Superstar Gemini Ganesan who had two wives and multiple children. Her mother was Gemini's mistress-apart from the two wives- and Gemini never acknowledged her until she became famous. Cosnidering where she came from -she really achieved a lot and just stayed silent throughout and was quiet independant.

fosla thumbnail

Originally posted by: desertsun

Yeah in this case, I remember reading the gossip back when her husband committed suicide. They said he left his entire fortune to his psychiatrist/alleged lover. Rekha never contested it. She kept quite throughout.

The other controversy she had was with Raveena, who claimed she was not acting like a woman her age-but I think Rekha got the better role in that movie  and was friendly with Akshay-I think she was dating Akshay at that time and hence double jealousy. Then the whole Amitabh controversy. Vinod Mehra etc etc. 

Rekha always maintained a dignified silence. She had a tough life-daughter of South Superstar Gemini Ganesan who had two wives and multiple children. Her mother was Gemini's mistress-apart from the two wives- and Gemini never acknowledged her until she became famous. Cosnidering where she came from -she really achieved a lot and just stayed silent throughout and was quiet independant.

She did ignore the gossip mills and let their creative juices flow. It’s commendable how the ones who bayed for her blood like Anupam Kher was eating his humble pie by praising her after decades. Doesn’t excuse the vile behavior 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Did the bf of Pratyusha, husband of Sri, bf of Jiah Khan go to jail? Were they publicly hounded with media and hashtags to this extent? 

The Telugu actress case has more solid reasons to blame the boyfriend too with the evidence. No there is no online justice, but law taking its course

The law always looks at the partners first! I am talking not about the law but the armchair lawyers behind tweets and media rooms who pronounce justice with these theories. India’s black widow and Vishkanya are not names by the law but by this society 

Well.. Considering a person is guilty of a crime he/she is accused of.. But doesnt go jail for some reason.. 

Does it mean that if another guilty person goes to jail for a crime its wrong? They too should have escaped like first one? 

I mean whats wrong.. The first person not being punished or the second person punished? 

fosla thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

Well.. Considering a person is guilty of a crime he/she is accused of.. But doesnt go jail for some reason.. 

Does it mean that if another guilty person goes to jail for a crime its wrong? They too should have escaped like first one? 

I mean whats wrong.. The first person not being punished or the second person punished? 

copy pasting my earlier response in this thread

There’s a difference between Partners being the first suspect and a mob  demanding her to be hanged for justice is being placated by jailing her for a crime that is not filed in the FIR.

How convenient that most cases men go scott free in the examples raised, so yes it’s wrong that the first person is not being punished with more evidence towards the crime. 

Nobody should escape on the basis of their gender. There is an unequal bias that arises in these situations more often than not towards one, unfortunately because of the patriarchy mindset

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

copy pasting my earlier response in this thread

How convenient that most cases men go scott free in the examples raised, so yes it’s wrong that the first person is not being punished with more evidence towards the crime. 

Nobody should escape on the basis of their gender. There is an unequal bias that arises in these situations more often than not towards one, unfortunately because of the patriarchy mindset

So u mean to say men escape and women dont? 

Then shouldnt the industry have been more vocal in seeking justice for Pratyusha, Sri and Jiah who were actual victims of patriarchy instead of standing up for a woman who is accused?

Wrong priorities I must say