Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

About rumours spreading, it’s been common since people learnt to speak. Normally, if people are insecure about themselves, or have some shortcoming, they try to cover it up by spreading rumours. Incase of a marriage or a relationship it’s very common. When a divorce case is filed, say even in a middle/upper middle class family. People start spreading things, most of which are either exaggerated or false.

In an Indian scenario, this happens more because a failure in relationship is considered as a personal failure or a major flaw in the personality. So rumours and blame game is inevitable.

Incase if someone in the family commits suicide, especially in a man’s case. It has to be his wife or the woman he is dating. She didn’t care enough for him, wasn’t good for him etc. How many people stood up for Jiah, Pratyusha or Nafisa Joseph. In those cases it was clearly indicated the ex fiance/ bf is to blamed. Jiah Khan has mentioned in her letter that he had raped and abused her. The letter was tweeted by her mother.

No no.. I agree with all that.. I meant gay/bi/lesbian rumors being common back in the day

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Rekha already had her share of controversies.. why would anyone stand up for someone when they don't know what actually transpired?

In case of Rhea, people were protesting against her arrest, her media trials, her being mobbed by men all around

Rekha k case mein it was only media.. that too with limited reach.. she really did not need any support per se

Anupam and Subash considered her guilty.. that was their opinion.. individual's opinion.. not the whole BW.. 

@red : so how do they know what transpired between Rhea and NCB ?? and what patriarchy were they smashing by defending someone who is accused of being part of a drug syndicate.......are they so dumb to realize that she isnt being singled out just cause she is a woman........

@blue : as for the mob, there were reports that it was her own PR team who arranged for the mob to show her as a victim, cause even in that mob, her friendly channels got a good angle to shoot her distressed face...... but yea bollywood wouldn't mind that as doing nautanki is part of their lives...

Originally posted by: Dimdim

Standing with Rekha meant standing against the MahaNayak, Angry young man Amitabh.  And who in their right mind would want that kind of challenge? Amitabh had no competition for a long time, till the Khans arrived. He was the one and only blockbuster HERO.  

THIS IS THE REAL THING..............

even now had it been Rhea against some A-List or superstar then these bollywood guys would've themselves spoken up against her.......

its just like Rajdeep even they think that SSR was a chota mota star for Rhea to get questioned.....

Edited by anjs - 3 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

No no.. I agree with all that.. I meant gay/bi/lesbian rumors being common back in the day

Those rumors came way later. At that time she was viewed as this black widow/bad luck token since some of her bfs/husbands turned out to have short life spans (Vinod Mehra) or AB (near death experience). She's as much sinned against  as sinned. She was forced to start acting way too early at 14 years. Without any protective parent/guardian figure you can imagine what happened. Then she learned to  play the game.

Probably what prompted late Nargis Dutt to comment: “She gives the impression to men that she is easily available... I’ve worked with a lot of children with a lot of psychological problems in my time. She’s lost. She needs a strong man.”

https://www.asianage.com/books/rekha-eternal-fighter-689

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

@red : so how do they know what transpired between Rhea and NCB ?? and what patriarchy were they smashing by defending someone who is accused of being part of a drug syndicate.......are they so dumb to realize that she isnt being singled out just cause she is a woman........

@blue : as for the mob, there were reports that it was her own PR team who arranged for the mob to show her as a victim, cause even in that mob, her friendly channels got a good angle to shoot her distressed face...... but yea bollywood wouldn't mind that as doing nautanki is part of their lives...

You mixed up two things.. I said no one would know what transpired between Rekha and her husband

You might trust reports still but doesn't mean everyone has to trust them either.. there are a lot of reports against Sushant too.. untill and unless something comes from a confirmed sources, it cannot be considered the truth

Case in point- Sara and Rakul

Truth is, she was mobbed.. maybe it was PR, maybe it wasn't.. no one knows.. but anyone who protests against the mob isn't wrong

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Those rumors came way later. At that time she was viewed as this black widow/bad luck token since some of her bfs/husbands turned out to have short life spans (Vinod Mehra) or AB (near death experience). She's as much sinned against  as sinned. She was forced to start acting way too early at 14 years. Without any protective parent/guardian figure you can imagine what happened. Then she learned to  play the game.

Probably what prompted late Nargis Dutt to comment: “She gives the impression to men that she is easily available... I’ve worked with a lot of children with a lot of psychological problems in my time. She’s lost. She needs a strong man.”

https://www.asianage.com/books/rekha-eternal-fighter-689

Ya her childhood is incredibly sad.. barring that one affair and her weird conduct thereafter, I don't think she has done anyone any harm.. she has had a difficult life indeed

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Kyunki Rekha se logo ko phasne ka darr nai tha. Yahan toh Rhea munh kholegi na...

Hence

Roses are red

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

30 years before and even now, the girl friend/wife is the first suspect of the gold digger excuse. Shame on patriarchy exists for a reason. Mock it all you want but when the music is ready to be faced, it spares none 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

As currently rhea is one of d accused in SSR case dur to repeated media trial against her bollywood started growing garden of roses & violet to smash patriarchy me & u in her honour. They event started bring sati pratha to get sympathy 4 her.

I read Rekha suffered worst than rhea when her husband committed suicide . People called her daayan , chudail, pati ko kha jane wali etc. Tab ye bollywood ne patriarchy ko smash kyu nhi kiya , ye Rekha dint blamed her late husband for everything which comes under crime or unke pati sapne aa ke nhi kaha ki meri family aur meri  beizzati karo in national TV pe sympathy lene ke liye, ya phir Rekha drugs se connection nhi tha.

Why bollywood never came forward to protect Rekha who was super star , she is also go through worst media trials , her in laws accused her . Infact bollywood started badmouthing rekha .

Why bollywood has so double standards ,? 

Ridiculous

Rekha ko log kuch bhi bole.. It didnt concern them.. Uske saath jo hona hai ho.. Wo unka koi kaccha chithha nahi kholne wali thi.. She wasnt going to reveal their secrets.. 

And in that case.. Neither did BW stand with Rhea when her name came up initially.. It was only after a case was registered and there was a slight chance of her being questioned.. It was only then that the woke bollywood crowd woke up..bina matlab thode hi unke dil me itni daya bhawna aayegi! 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: fosla

30 years before and even now, the girl friend/wife is the first suspect of the gold digger excuse. Shame on patriarchy exists for a reason. Mock it all you want but when the music is ready to be faced, it spares none 

Not necessarily.. the partner, girl or boy is always the first suspect.. The Kohinoor girl, Pratyusha, The telegu girl who recently passed away, in all cases their boyfriends were suspected of being the reason.. is there any proof about Sajid being a reason for Divya's death? Yet, so many people still remain convinced of his guilt.. a lot of people believed Boney killed Sri when her death was announced

In fact, the telegu actress k parents filed a case against the boyfriend kind of similar to what Sushant's family did.. 

Partners, especially live in ones are the closest.. in fact in Castle TV series, it was mentioned how it's always the girlfriend/boyfriend

Sushant's case blew out of proportion for to a variety of reasons.. but that only girls/women are blamed in such cases isn't really true

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Not necessarily.. the partner, girl or boy is always the first suspect.. The Kohinoor girl, Pratyusha, The telegu girl who recently passed away, in all cases their boyfriends were suspected of being the reason.. is there any proof about Sajid being a reason for Divya's death? Yet, so many people still remain convinced of his guilt.. a lot of people believed Boney killed Sri when her death was announced

In fact, the telegu actress k parents filed a case against the boyfriend kind of similar to what Sushant's family did.. 

Partners, especially live in ones are the closest.. in fact in Castle TV series, it was mentioned how it's always the girlfriend/boyfriend

Sushant's case blew out of proportion for to a variety of reasons.. but that only girls/women are blamed in such cases isn't really true

Did the bf of Pratyusha, husband of Sri, bf of Jiah Khan go to jail? Were they publicly hounded with media and hashtags to this extent? 

The Telugu actress case has more solid reasons to blame the boyfriend too with the evidence. No there is no online justice, but law taking its course

The law always looks at the partners first! I am talking not about the law but the armchair lawyers behind tweets and media rooms who pronounce justice with these theories. India’s black widow and Vishkanya are not names by the law but by this society