Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I was shocked and horrified at Sushant's demise. I was even taken in by social media and believed there was foul play. But the way the whole case has proceeded is regressive to the core. The real issues of mental health and nepotism were swept under the carpet, and what took their place was hate-mongering and witch-hunting. I am appalled at the way it has turned out.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The mental illness has become even more a stigma now just when there seemed some hope around the corner. Now people will think twice before getting involved with a mentally ill person. Not to mention how it set back the awareness on the topic and the empowerment it was promising the people dealing with mental illnesses. This country is regressing at an alarming pace on all accounts.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Akshay and Salman said they have no time to be depressed 

For real? 😕

YourCat thumbnail

Hi guy, I got depression, I might suicide because of it, do you want to date me? Being honest is always good. 

What if your family give me abatement of suicide? Well i have all proper medical documentations as proof, besides they are being informed and doctors are too. 

What if the police gets bribed and throw me in? Whose fault if police can be bribed ? - This is where your problem is - 

If you do things properly, there can be no evidence that can put you into trouble. If your problem is you care about opinions of people whom you dont even know, then no one can help you. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Not in context of this case but I think over the years they have both made these types of statements 

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thanks for making a post...!!! 

There was no progress in india on Mental health awareness... and now we have gone negative..!!!

During last weekend I was talking to one of my friend who is executive in biggest tech giant and she has no clue of mental illness.....( she is more than 50 yrs old) and she didn't thought it is real..

I was really shocked.. 

If a well read well educated woman has no clue.. forget about others..!

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj80

It's a grim situation when we have dumbf**ks like Kangana, Vivek Agnihotri mock mental health on every platform. I am not talking  about Sushant but in general their lack of empathy is so disgusting. 

https://twitter.com/vivekagnihotri/status/1300135736050552833?s=20

Reminds me of that Mahesh’s video. 

Some call it “Dhanda” and some call out psychiatrists. 

I hope none of these people go to doctor for any ailment or diseases since they seem to know more than the professionals. 

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

Now people will think twice before getting involved with a mentally ill person. Not to mention how it set back the awareness on the topic and the empowerment it was promising the people dealing with mental illnesses. 

That's exactly what I said in another topic. People would be wary of telling anyone their mental health issues and others would be equally wary of dating or getting involved with mentally ill people. 

Forget a romantic relationship - I don't even want mentally ill friends now just seeing how crazy the family and public can go to destroy people around them if something goes wrong, god forbid. It's like shooting yourself in the foot and ruining your own life for no reason.

In that context, the Bhatts' advice to Rhea was totally correct that she should get the hell out of this relationship and save herself. 

Mistyy thumbnail

This whole case could have educated the whole country that even a successful, good looking , rich man who seems to have it all can be depressed. Depression is a disease, not something you choose to have. But they turned this into such a joke, no one wants to admit that he could be depressed even though there enough proofs, recording of him talking about it himself...people are on witch hunt to blame the girlfriend, because it has be someone.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

That's exactly what I said in another topic. People would be wary of telling anyone their mental health issues and others would be equally wary of dating or getting involved with mentally ill people. 

Forget a romantic relationship - I don't even want mentally ill friends now just seeing how crazy the family and public can go to destroy people around them if something goes wrong, god forbid. It's like shooting yourself in the foot and ruining your own life for no reason.

In that context, the Bhatts' advice to Rhea was totally correct that she should get the hell out of this relationship and save herself.