I am upset with how mental illness has been addressed.

Posted: 3 years ago

I dont want to talk about who is right or wrong..who murdered Sushant..or if he committed suicide or if Rhea did it ..or the drugs did it or whomever did it. That is not what this is about. 

I just feel that somewhere down the line mental illness  as a whole has been made into a joke throughout this entire case. So now with the way everything that has happened so far, who would want to share that theyre bipolar, anxious, depressed or whatever else after any of this REGARDLESS of the outcome of this case?  Who would want to say it is something a close loved one of theirs struggles with Who? Who would want to give someone battling a mental illness a chance at a relationship after any of this mess? 

In the end, it is all so sad if you read between the lines. It is just discouraging seeing how backwards everyone is behaving whether it is a girlfriend, a family member, professionals/therapists, bollywood actors, news channels..everyone more or less in one way or the other. 

Mental health is a topic close to me and I just really feel that this has completely degraded the entire topic of mental health and that it is disturbing. Anyone who faces any mental health condition in any capacity...know that it is okay just like it is ok to manage or treat a physical condition or any other chronic disease which ranges from high blood pressure to diabetes to anything else..no matter what anyone says in all of this mess. Seeking therapy/treatment is also OKAY and the best you could do for yourself and even if one isn't there or is trying to get there..just keep going. 

Edited by starstruckk - 3 years ago

Mental illness needs to be admitted. It seems no one wants to admit they have it 

I am sorry to say in this country mental health is considered as joke.

Nobody cares if you are feeling tired by constant nagging and bullying in life unless you are a student or married woman, then there are rules to protect you.

But what about corporate bullying. It pushed me to the worse form of mental health in my life. I felt like damaging and destroying the company I was working in. I could not recognize myself. Instead of helping me, I got compliments on my looks and work. Even after resigning from the company these people harassed me everywhere. A defamation suite shut them up for good. I also got help from a professional.

Most people are extremely scared of their reputation in the society. They will do whatever society expects them. They will support whatever gets them praises in society. Do you think such people have mind or spine to understand mental health and depression. In spite of being educated, they will beg from god and start going to worship places to beg for a son. They will not cross a road if a black cat crosses it for some time. People who are superstitious should not be expected to understand depression.

It's a grim situation when we have dumbf**ks like Kangana, Vivek Agnihotri mock mental health on every platform. I am not talking  about Sushant but in general their lack of empathy is so disgusting. 

https://twitter.com/vivekagnihotri/status/1300135736050552833?s=20

Originally posted by raj80

It's a grim situation when we have dumbf**ks like Kangana, Vivek Agnihotri mock mental health on every platform. I am not talking  about Sushant but in general their lack of empathy is so disgusting. 

Why we have morons on twitter all the time? 🤬

Mental health?? The indian government and people are not even addressing a PANDEMIC like it needs to be addressed, and you expect them to address mental health properly? 

Oh wow. No words to say. Feel like I am in some pre-historic era.

Originally posted by Sharpener

Mental health?? The indian government and people are not even addressing a PANDEMIC like it needs to be addressed, and you expect them to address mental health properly? 

A common person has no value in this country.

Akshay and Salman said they have no time to be depressed 

🤢