Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Thanks Kalpana

Its really a very very tough place to be in for Akash and Anubha. The world around them has moved to the 21st century, but instead of it becoming safer for women, it has become tremendously more risky.

Even with all sorts of technology it seems near impossible to protect women in India

How do you keep the balance? say no to everything and fear the girls are doing it in secrecy anyway? Or say yes to everything and watch them get in danger

Viveka is a nerd, but she is not a nun.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (April 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 9

Antiquated & Naïve

They did embarrass the poor girl. Why was Naina not made to sit through that?

coderlady thumbnail

Dreamers and realists

Anu put Smrita on the spot with her answer. But we know Naina is following Inder with no regard to the potential problems.

One atom for Raanav. One atom too many?

coderlady thumbnail

Possibilities

Viveka is right to be frustrated. She brings home a guy and they start hearing the wedding bells.

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Antiquated & Naïve

They did embarrass the poor girl. Why was Naina not made to sit through that?

Viveka and Harsha are the oldest of the lot and so they are first ones in queue!😊

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Thanks Kalpana

Its really a very very tough place to be in for Akash and Anubha. The world around them has moved to the 21st century, but instead of it becoming safer for women, it has become tremendously more risky.

Even with all sorts of technology it seems near impossible to protect women in India

How do you keep the balance? say no to everything and fear the girls are doing it in secrecy anyway? Or say yes to everything and watch them get in danger

Viveka is a nerd, but she is not a nun.

Agree. I guess .... to some things that really crosses our personal boundaries, we give them a dressing down and to others that per second don't mess with our boundaries yet that makes us uncomfortable, we got to just look the other way and give them their space . 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Development

“Kya haal hai bhaisaab?” Satyen called Akash a day afterAnubha left for Ireland. He was already on the edge, making and canceling plansto spy on Naina… repeatedly

He was almost getting PTSD over it

“Arey aap?” he said waving his admin to leave the room

His office was in one of the nicer buildings, DLF Bldg inSansad Marg

He was the GM so it came with some perks like window office

He got up to pace nervously

“Kaisi sewa karen aapki?” He asked in his best bank managervoice

“Arey rey, kya baat keh di aapne”

“Waise aapka account hai hamare State Bank mein?” he askedand chuckled

The odds of a man of his stature ever banking with a Desibank was zero, Bank of America had their office in the same bldg., he probablygot concierge service there

“Who to hamare CFO se poochhna padega sir… I am clueless… Idon’t know many many things” he said politely

“Oh.. umm.. chaliye theek”

“I should know these things, but over the years, sinceRakshit started managing operations, and Raanav started doing corp dev, I ammostly big picture bhaisaab”

“I cannot imagine doing what u do sirjee”

“Arey you probably work… I mean u are many … more efficientand have better leadership skills” Satyen chose his words carefully so as tonot hurt or insult

“India mein public sector banks ke GM qareeb qareeb 10,000hongey, public limited stock market traded, profitable, employing 10s ofthousands, mushkil se 10” Akash returned the flattery

“You should ask my sons how they do it” Satyen passed thebuck benevolently

“The shareholders decide the board members YOU must bedoing something right” Akash insisted

“Mujhe jab apni tareef sun ni hogi aapko zaroor yaadkaroonga”

The men talked about the pollution and weather next

“Kaise yaad kiya?” Akash checked his phone

He had a call with the Vigilance Officer about some fraudthey were investigating… he had to get off soon

“Mujhe… aapki bitiya ka number chahiye tha”

Akash’s heart sank like a block of concrete sunk in ashallow lake

He wondered if Naina was in trouble again

“Office mein hongi abhi” he blurted

“Job bhi karti hain?”

“Haan haan Interiors design kartin hain”

“Arey wah multi talented” Satyen was impressed

“Mujhe… mere ko asal mein ek project ki baat karni thi” “Aboutthe”

Akash relaxed and nodded “She is very interested in fashionand style wagairah wagairah” he laughed

“Achhha?” Satyen was shocked

“Aap kis bitiya ki baat kar rahe hain?”

“Naina?”

“Arey sorry sorry… bhaisaab… I am talking about the oneswho has the most unique name”

“Viveka?” Akash was delirious with joy now

“jee jee bilqul”

“OH SORRY… Viveka JNU mein adjunct Faculty hain, aur baaqike time, ek pair par khadi hokar kahin par Ph D program mein enroll karne kitapasya mein lagin hain”

“Aapne kaha us din” satyen reminded Akash gently

“Oh sorry sorry”

“I love hearing abot her, mazaak kar raha tha”

Akash proceeded to breathlessly tell him everything Vivekahad ever done

The call went on for over 30 minutes

“Hamey number dene ka kya lenge aap?” Satyen begged

Akash laughed out loud “Bas ghar ke pakora aur chai, yahamey to peeli daal ki khichri bahut pasand hai… jee… jee wohi”

Akash nodded to the ingredients satyen listed

“Chaliye baat pakki”

“Jee phir to aap ABHI lein number” “989XXXXXXXX”

“Thank you” Satyen hung up the call and swiveled in hischair and smiled and sighed

He called Viveka Mathur around 5 PM that evening, Abhishekwas returning at 2 AM she was beyond happy

She was tired o texting with him… at nights she evenventured into the s---ting territory

They had planned to spend a day together, she didn’t knowwhen that was going to be

His Baba wanted to throw a party first

Akash forgot to tell her, so when Satyen called she wasconfused at first

He introduced himself and asked her if he could come meether about the work she was doing with self employed womens’ initiative

Viveka expressed the same objective joy she usually didwhen approached by people eager to learn about her work

They set up time for the following week so she could meethim on campus

She went home that night and told Papa about it

“Hope he is not like other rich people all talk and nocheque book” Akash sighed

“I don’t care Pa, I just want to spread the word, maybesomeone in his Corp Philanthropy depptt might be of use to us later?”

“U have a great attitude beta” he patted her back

“This development sector is already so rough, having toomuch cynicism just bogs me down”

“No… I need to learn that from you”

“U think he asked his wife’s permission?” Viveka muttered

Send Akash into hysterical laughter

He realized his daughter had the same piercing sense ofhumor like Anu

Father daughter were jointly cooking dinner

The twins were doing HW

Naina was still at work

“Ma raat ko call karengi I will tell her what u said”

“She will probably ask me to rope Mr Parashar into ascholarship program or investment in a handloom factory” Viveka laughed almostchoking

“Haan we need to show his wife under the garb of charity weare looting her unsuspecting husband”

“In Dubai” Abhshek texted

Causing Viveka to blush

“Kaun hai?” Akash nettled

“He just landed in Dubai”

“Hoye shabaash” Akash nodded

“I do like him Papa”

“Ma ko mat keh abhi”he whispered and winked

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely story development Nisha. I will start writing reviews soon. 💕

good to see a lot more ladies active in IF. 

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Reading of Aakash and Anubha's struggle to come to terms with their daughters growing up, I'm able to somewhat sympathize more with my parents now!😆

Years back, when I'd first moved out to a hostel, I remember my parents would have a panic attack if I so much as tell them that I'm going out to dinner with friends!! Made me MADDD then..

Now, it's still the same, but we've both learnt of ways to deal with the other person better 😳

Creative001 thumbnail

Nisha, I'm not able to take Abhishek and Vivs fondling and getting closer to each other. I know it's regressive thinking... but I can't unsee Viv's image with Abhishek when we all know the hero is Raanav. I just want to get rid of this Abhishek... not from the story but as Viv's romantic interest. Sorry, Abhishek but not sorry.