Suvan SS: A Love Like Ours

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

So, I know I said that I would quit writing stories when I got to college but here I am 😆 I'm not sure if I will carry through with this so don't be surprised if I discontinue it. My chapters will be a lot shorter than my FF and I won't be updating frequently. I guess I will only write when I'm relaxing. This will be a bit different from the usual sappy stuff I write 😆 This story focuses on one-sided love, selflessness, and sacrifice. It was inspired by the current track. Let me know what you guys think.

Table of Contents

Ch. 1 - Pg. 1 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alina.b thumbnail

CHAPTER 1

Shravan had been swarmed with work all day. He was studying some files about an arms deal that was going on that had to be approved by him. With a prestigious title like Major, came big responsibilities and he made sure that he lived up to the rank that he had earned after years of hard work. He leaned back into his chair after finally finishing his work. He pulled out his phone that was on silent and grew confused as he saw 58 missed calls. He quickly dialed his phone, “Hello? Kancha? Is everything okay?...I’ll be there in two hours...I’ll come as fast as I can!” Shravan grabbed his keys and ran out. 

As Shravan arrived, Kanchan ran out and sobbed, “Oh, thank god Shravan you are here! She won’t come out. Only you can do something”. 

Shravan gulped and nodded. He went inside the house with Kancha and saw everyone crowded outside her door. Kancha knocked and told her to come out and that Shravan was here. But there was no answer. Kanchan broke down crying and gave up. 

Shravan took a deep breath and stepped forward. He hugged Kanchan and comforted her, “It’s okay, Kancha. I will take care of everything”. He turned towards her door and gently knocked. “Sumo...it’s me. Please open the door”. He waited for a while but she didn’t open. He sighed and started to turn away as he realized that she needed some time. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks as he heard the door open. He turned around and his heart broke into a million pieces seeing her red, puffy eyes. She had grown so pale and weak. 

Her lip quivered as she opened her mouth to talk but seeing Shravan in front of her, as always, she couldn’t hold her emotions back. She lunged towards him and threw her arms around his neck. She sobbed into his chest, “Why did he leave me? How will I live without him?” Shravan smoothed her hair and clenched his jaw trying to hold back his tears. He couldn’t see her like this. 

Shravan wiped her tears and whispered, “Be strong...you are now the wife of a martyr. Don’t shed tears like this and question why he left. You are a soldier too, right? So, you know that for a soldier sacrificing your life for the country is the biggest boon. Your Rishabh was lucky enough to be granted this boon”. 

Suman knew what Shravan was saying was correct but her heart ached with pain. She was about to fall down to her knees but Shravan caught her and slowly slid down to the floor with her. Shravan tightly wrapped his arms around her as she cried her heart out. He knew what it meant to love someone. Although he had managed to convince Suman that his feelings for her had faded away, the mere thought of losing her forever terrified him. So, he couldn’t even imagine the pain that Suman was going through of losing her husband, Rishabh. Shravan felt helpless as he knew that he couldn’t bring a dead person back. He could go any lengths for his Sumo’s happiness but in this moment, he knew all she needed was her best friend’s shoulder to cry on.

Edited by alina.b - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

First one to comment

Beautiful start Miyan....

The story looks interesting!

Suman was married to some other officer?😲😭

And Rishabh martyred too?😭

Glad Shravan is here with her but he to seems to have sacrificed a lot!

Will wait for the next chapter😳

Edited by Pranushka_723 - 3 years ago
Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting start Alina! It's gonna be a tragic tale 

Waiting to read more!👍🏼

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

lovely os! she cried bc she lost rishabh & shravan tried to console her ! loved it

Isabel thumbnail

Glad to see you're back with a bang with this.........👍🏼

Edited by Isabel - 3 years ago
alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

First one to comment

Beautiful start Miyan....

The story looks interesting!

Suman was married to some other officer?😲😭

And Rishabh martyred too?😭

Glad Shravan is here with her but he to seems to have sacrificed a lot!

Will wait for the next chapter😳

Thanks Miyaan! You are always #1 😉

So maybe I wasn't clear enough....so Suman married another officer named Rishabh and he got martyred. Shravan being Suman's best friend goes to console her during this rough time in her life. The story will go in a flashback to explain what happened and who is Rishabh. 

Fun fact: Rishabh is actually the name of ML in Madhubala, a show I watched in high school and that was the only show I was obsessed with before EDKV2 😆 now looking back I regret it lol but I really like this name.....It reminds me of the Rishabh Tiffin boxes since my mom bought a lot of these when we were in India 🤣

alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Interesting start Alina! It's gonna be a tragic tale 

Waiting to read more!👍🏼

Thanks Bucky!! Yes, it won't be like the typical happy sappy stories I write...It won't be "tragic" per say but it won't be happy either 😆

alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

lovely os! she cried bc she lost rishabh & shravan tried to console her ! loved it

Thanks Meena! This is actually going to be a short story. Yes...so Suman is crying because her husband, Rishabh, an army officer martyred. Since Shravan is her best friend, he is there for her during this tough time. Suvan will not separate due to misunderstanding in this story and it is instead focused on their lifelong friendship 

alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Isabel

Glad to see you're back with a bang with this.........👍🏼

Awww thanks Isa ❤️ Well idk if it'll be a bang 😆 my chapters will be short and I won't be updating as frequently as I used to....but I took your advice about continuing to write because it makes me happy 😊