BATTLE HYMN OF THE TIGER MOTHER - MEENAKSHI RAJVANSH

Rohini.S thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Before I watched the episode based on the comments from twitter timelines, my write up title was going to be about “Obedience - The Enemy of The Creative Mind”.  The beautiful long-awaited heartfelt bonding between Meenu and Abir made my day, bright and teary all at once. Hence, Iam going to join Meenu in her BATTLE HYMN FOR ABIR AS A TIGER MOTHER.

Meenu’s heartfelt disclosure on her early days and her struggles with a cheat, then supporting her dad and business and in the process, neglecting Abir and his childhood was a moving and sentimental, touching surrender - her way of trying to setting things right with him – the concept of Entanglement that I wrote about yesterday. Her tone of peace, and love flew high and clear at the Maheshwari Sadan today when she poured her heart out and was supported by BM in such a light, comical and delightful manner.

To set a wrong right, the first step is in knowing you have erred and then go about correcting it and this is the principle a man applies in every walk of life, with people, daily chores, work, personal relationships and as a student even in assignments.

Life is a test and we make mistakes and those that accept it, apologize and correct it are the real stars. Abir Rajvansh is a professional at that. This is where obedience comes in. He watches and learns but has always been a rebel with a noble cause, always standing for the right, the righteous, full of love and passion towards any right cause and right person. Hence, “neend meinbhi Hoshyar” person.

Yesterday, he genuinely felt Meenu was partly right when she told him that he never confided in her. Despite, the controversial dynamics between them and events that have transpired between them before, he gave her a golden chance today with the biggest disclosure, so far in his life. He set things right yet again. Ironically, in his moment of lost fatherhood, he found his mom again. The pain that destroys also connects.

In all fairness, Meenu by association stepped in, to own up to her mistakes first and the process of redemption and absolution begins for her. Thank goodness DKP, you have started restoring Meenu’s Karmic balance.

Why is Abir this way - so good, kind and benevolent, despite having had horrible experiences, mom, family, Mehul and all the trials that he has faced thus far? He has had weak role models in the character department or has had strong model with weak morals that is his mother and that got me thinking. No one has ever stood up against Meenakshi Rajvansh other than Abir, like BP said. This is where the theory of obedience comes in and obedience is the enemy of the creative mind. Kids, and even as adults when we think outside the box, our creativity and innovation improve and grow.

We have a No Judgement Zone at our home. Every day before my son goes to sleep, we go and stand in that zone and own up to the mistakes that we have made during the day - daddy, mommy, nana and gramps are also not excused. Allowing kids to color outside the lines, helps them think and make wise decisions on their own, if they falter and make a mistake, we are always there to pick them up. It gives them the space and freedom to learn. Same with adults. Mishti learnt this by instinct but Kuhu failed.

Abir developed this system for himself and has been treated as a pariah. He strayed away from home to gather wool at his no judgement zone, yet he always came back home, aware of the differences between his mom and him on many levels. He knows that heart of heart she loves the family; he is aware of her insecurities; he also knows that she controls because of those insecurities and is very afraid of her sons leaving her, but his love and care for her has been a constant. Had he been obedient, we would have had another pre leap Kunal in the making and the real Kunal would never have changed.

The only time Abir did obey her was when she threatened Kunal and Parul Maasi and we all saw how that turned out, but even then Mishti came back for him. Iam sure even in this predicament, Mishti with her universal master key to all the problems will step in and lift Abir Rajvansh from the miserable predicament that he is in.

“She doesn’t just listen to your words, Abir

she hears your tone,

your body movements,

your eyes,

your subtle face expressions and

also interprets your silences.

SHE CAN HEAR EVERYTHING THAT YOU DON’T SAY.”

Abir is a gem he is because he has never cared for the shackles that society lays for him or to score brownie points. He does the right things because he has to and without expectation and out of selfless unconditional love and passion.

His worry and sorrow even today are:

-      how he is going to break the news to Mishti

-      hurt Mishti who has done things solely for others

-      his fear of disappointing her dreams and everyone else’s

He never thought about his dreams, his wishes, it has always been about her. Meenu is right that he has to fight and with the tiger mom that she is, they will win. The love for the unborn is now is threefold with Meenu joining in and with that kind of love, Abir and Mishti will never lose and they will find a way.

“In the rivers the water that we touch is the last of that which has gone and the first of that which is yet to come.”

Meenu has done unforgivable things of course with her controlling love. Abir with his “coloring outside the lines” attitude dealt with them his way. The key person here is Mishti. Despite knowing Meenu’s plotting and the fact that she never truly accepted her, she has created a bridge instead of a wall and Meenu understands it very well now.

Kuhu has never understood it. I had written before that Kuhu’s love for the Rajvansh money status and power has always exceeded her love for Kunal. It has been always about her. She still lives by the same rule and now has two torch bearers supporting her materialistic cause.

Her mind may change with the dancing suggestive eyebrows of her chachi and mommy with an artificial half brain

-      because Kuhu now may want to have kids of her own to get hold of the property and status and she may not agree to be surrogate to Abir and Mishti (OK by me) getting pregnant not in your hands Kuhu especially with such a negative mindset and swollen feet, wrinkles and pregnancy weight stretch marks that will eventually happen and destroy your skin tone, because that's all you care for other than money and power (sarcastic much?).

-      Kunal should figure out why she changed her mind so fast in case she does decide to plan because she has already told him about her hopeless chachi’s baby suggestions

-      Or she may agree to surrogacy with an iron clad agreement with regard to property (Baby with Mishbir genes – Phenomenal; environment - yuck - hostile)

Kunal too is learning to live vicariously and does not go with the responsibility of a baby. He tells Kuhu he wants to concentrate on the brat and make her happy. The joy on Kunal’s face when Meenu decides to give her share of the business was utterly worthy. Everyone spoke about their role in the Rajvansh baby to be, but not a beep from the three witches of the Maheshwari Coven.

Kuhu has always been a Maheshwari and has never become one of the Rajvansh Family. Sorry Kunal. Just being a wedding planner, planning the week's menu when someone else does the cooking (Have you ever seen her cooking in the kitchen? The only time she was, she added the pills to the coffee someone else made, and almost killed Abir) does not make you a Rajvansh Kuhu.

And what was it you said about you being on smooth terms with Mishti. All it takes you to blow, is to prod you with a "Mishti appreciation stick". We saw it several times today when BP praised her, Meenu praised her and we could see you literally sweating pain bullets along with mamma and chachi. To be a member of a family you should give, not take, all the time, share and care, forgive and forget.

Abir breaking down, confiding in Meenu and hugging her is a start to a beautiful relationship. Your mom is a fighter and never a quitter and she gave you very good advice today. The same Meenu who picked Mishti up with a hand on her shoulder when she broke down, extends her supporting hand to Abir by placing it on his shoulder as he was having a soliloquy with the Almighty.

The amazing parallel that never fails to cease all of us is Abir calling out to Mishti and Mishti reaching out to Abir in times of pain, agony and distress. This time Meenu is the healer and mender and the equation between mom and son has changed for the better.

If you want to stay in this game called life never ever quit. Meenu gave him the strength and will be Mishti and Abir’s ROPE OF HOPE that is going to bind and hold the Mishbir rock together and strong. She accepts that she said things in anger but I remember, she also said that day, that he should never experience the pain that she feels. All the battles that she has fought for are for her sons and with a mom like Meenakshi Rajvansh how can Abir fail.

“The weather rooster on the church spire though made of iron would soon be broken by the storm if it did not understand the noble art of turning to every wind.”

With an astute Meenu at work, who has mastered the art of facing life with its several cheat games, Abir will soon realize that its not his fault but Kuhu who is the culprit in all this. Just like she saw through Abir’s façade that his NGO licence thing is a farce; she will see through the injury facade that is not Abir’s fault and will take the first step towards healing him and then a not so guilt ridden Abir Rajvansh will step up and act.

“The crooked stairs of life Abir

Are sometimes hard to climb;

And that can only be well done

By one step at a time.

But he who would go to the top

Ne’er sits down and despairs;

Instead of staring up the steps

He just steps up the stairs.”

Meenakshi Rajvansh with her battle scars that are her badges of bravery, courage and honor will give Abir Rajvansh, the determination and grit to step up and act.

Those that shine from within like Mishti and Abir do not need a headlight or a spotlight but since you wanted one Kuhu, you have your spotlight now that you demanded of Kanhaaji, so Shock, Rock, and Mock is coming your way for you and your 12K followers.

Disclaimer: Battle Hymn of the tiger mother is a book by Amy Chua. Using the title as a reference. The credit is all hers.

NB: The Janmashtami Kaand will get exposed. When Abir came to pick Mishti he crossed Kuhu.

Meenu did not approach a hurt Mishti, with BP, BM Maamu and Maami and others. Probably, she was on the opposite end with Kuhu; maybe she saw something amiss but she hated Mishti then; now the rules of the game are different. Just food for thought.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhilashasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Love your reality check writing Rohini! For us, in real world, its Newton’s third Law. But here in DKP land, their love for Kuhu exceeds everything! I don’t have a small pinch of doubt that her Janmashtami act will be exposed. Because it is long buried and dusted act. I don’t think, they will ever link it to that incident. 

Mishti had fallen down so many times after that - 1. After leap, when Mishti wanted Abir to find her, she fell into the abandoned well 2. She had been put to physical stress on her Goddhana day by Mehul 3. She had been pushed by Karan on the incidental day 4. She had been pushed by Varun on the day Of expose! 

So, the Writers will hardly link this physical condition of Mishti’s to her fall on Janmashtami last year. 

But Rohini, I am really admiring the No judgement zone in your house. I am going to try following in my house for me and kids definitely! Thank you 

lovelycolour thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well written , abir is concerned about mishti that how will he break this news to her and mishti will give him strength to cover his pain as meenakshi said that he has to do this for her. But you are right mishti doesn't go with abir's words but with his actions so she will decode what's going on in his mind I am waiting for Monday . And for meenakshi I am little prejudice I mean a lady who has hated mishti to the core , Never bothered her contribution in exposing mehul and wanted to throw away even when she is married to abir accept her so easily that little indigestible for me . And remember she was scared when BM told about raaz so does she still have some secrets which no one knows let's wait for story unfolds.

LiNdASoUmZ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Don't know what to type of parent is Varshasmiley44she is saying her daughter to do competition with  Mishtismiley36 I found it quite funny ..smiley37

So one thing I have learn from my family is that the elder DIL is responsible and keep family happy and cares about all the members and the younger DIL ( I'm ) always support the sister and it's a team work between them that's the relation I share with my Jethani smiley9 we are together working in family function helping each other..smiley4 supporting eachother when relatives comes mocking at us smiley24

So we are doing same with our kids too we teach them to share everything and respect eachothersmiley27

Meenu is not bad character in the show ..from the beginning I know when it comes to her Abir and once she learns that without any relation with Mishti she cant mend her relation with Abir she will accept Mishti ..though her past decision were wrong but may be she will do right now..☺️

Your analysis and post is the one thing that make me look through the depth of episode..and keep going with show 👏

Amazing post yet again🙌

This is the best part of your post loved it whole heartedly ❤️

Abir breaking down, confiding in Meenu and hugging her is a start to a beautiful relationship. Your mom is a fighter and never a quitter and she gave you very good advice today. The same Meenu who picked Mishti up with a hand on her shoulder when she broke down, extends her supporting hand to Abir by placing it on his shoulder as he was having a soliloquy with the Almighty.

The amazing parallel that never fails to cease all of us is Abir calling out to Mishti and Mishti reaching out to Abir in times of pain, agony and distress. This time Meenu is the healer and mender and the equation between mom and son has changed for the better.

If you want to stay in this game called life never ever quit. Meenu gave him the strength and will be Mishti and Abir’s ROPE OF HOPE that is going to bind and hold the Mishbir rock together and strong. She accepts that she said things in anger but I remember, she also said that day, that he should never experience the pain that she feels. All the battles that she has fought for are for her sons and with a mom like Meenakshi Rajvansh how can Abir fail.

“The weather rooster on the church spire though made of iron would soon be broken by the storm if it did not understand the noble art of turning to every wind.”

With an astute Meenu at work, who has mastered the art of facing life with its several cheat games, Abir will soon realize that its not his fault but Kuhu who is the culprit in all this. Just like she saw through Abir’s façade that his NGO licence thing is a farce; she will see through the injury facade that is not Abir’s fault and will take the first step towards healing him and then a not so guilt ridden Abir Rajvansh will step up and act.

“The crooked stairs of life Abir

Are sometimes hard to climb;

And that can only be well done

By one step at a time.

But he who would go to the top

Ne’er sits down and despairs;

Instead of staring up the steps

He just steps up the stairs.”

Meenakshi Rajvansh with her battle scars that are her badges of bravery, courage and honor will give Abir Rajvansh, the determination and grit to step up and act.

Those that shine from within like Mishti and Abir do not need a headlight or a spotlight but since you wanted one Kuhu, you have your spotlight now that you demanded of Kanhaaji, so Shock, Rock, and Mock is coming your way for you and your 12K followers.

Disclaimer: Battle Hymn of the tiger mother is a book by Amy Chua. Using the title as a reference. The credit is all hers.

NB: The Janmashtami Kaand will get exposed. When Abir came to pick Mishti he crossed Kuhu.

Meenu did not approach a hurt Mishti, with BP, BM Maamu and Maami and others. Probably, she was on the opposite end with Kuhu; maybe she saw something amiss but she hated Mishti then; now the rules of the game are different. Just food for thought

pallavi25 thumbnail

Great analysis as always! 👏

Meenu is a Tiger Mom no doubt about it! She’s been incredibly brave and tough in business and a tough mom to her kids. But toughness doesn’t mean cruelty and Meenu has been cruel to Abir. No mother can see her son suffer so terribly and still be harsh on him, which she was during the separation period. 
She sent Parul to jail just to stop Abir from meeting Mishti to clear up their misunderstandings! She was even forcing him to marry a complete stranger just to prevent him from reuniting with Mishti 

Just because Meenu married the wrong man for love and got horrible betrayal from him doesn’t justify her illogical hatred for Mishti, who has always helped RJV family members in times of need. 

Mother knows best? I don’t think so, definitely not in Meenu’s case. She’s committed crimes, used underhanded methods to control Abir, to break his heart, and never regretted her actions.

Writers are probably trying to redeem her now but I’m not so sure yet. Seeing is believing. She did help Abir Mishti in the Karan case, that she did as a woman standing with Mishti as a victim of assault.

But she’s always resented Mishti because Abir loves her. Meenu never got Abir’s devotion as a son though she yearned for it all her life. Abir rejected her mother’s love from childhood, blaming her for his father’s desertion and only hankering for his father‘s return. Meenu’s hurt and anger at Abir’s continued rejection has made her try to control him even at the cost of destroying his happiness. As a mother, I cannot fathom her cruelty towards her own son and cannot forget all the heinous things she has done so far.

She does appear to have mellowed towards Mishti recently but appearances can be deceptive. Post Mishbir marriage Meenu was acting nice to Mishti yet plotting behind the scenes to create fights between Mishti and Kuhu.

If she’s really reformed and sincerely helps Mishbir this time, that will certainly be her redemption and would finally bridge the chasm between mother and son!