Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Naseeruddin dismissed the debate and said, “I don’t understand this insider-outsider nonsense that’s going on. I mean, it’s a whole lot of rubbish and we should be put an end to this, it’s bulls***. Why would not I, who have had a secure happy life as an actor, encourage my son to go into the same profession? Would not an industrialist do it, would not a lawyer do it, would not a doctor not do it? Would not anybody do it? You mean to say that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s descendents should not have become singers?” He added that ‘nepotism gets you to a certain point’, after which it takes talent for survival.

Are people not understanding what he is saying or are they lapping up this garbage because it's Naseeruddin speaking against Kangu?

He isn't even addressing the nepotism argument, but twists it to saying that it's a parent-child thing - which doesn't make sense because that's not nepotism. 

Let me explain using a family of doctors. 

Scenario 1: Parents are doctors. Parents want kid to become doctor and encourages them to work hard, study, get into a good medical school, and then into a hospital. Work: 100% child, but parents are supporting indirectly. 

Scenario 2: Parents are doctors. Parents want kid to become doctor so they get the kid admitted into a fancy college -> fancy medical school, and when the kid fails to find a job, they open up a clinic so their kid can work there or they convince their doctor friends to hire their kid because "he's so great!"

Pause here and ask which scenario is nepotism. 

Parents encouraging children is not nepotism, and I would even argue that making their kids' lives slightly easier by acting as a helping hand isn't nepotism either. 

But Naseeruddin clearly lines himself up with the nepotism gang with his later statement "nepotism gets you to a certain point" after which it takes talent for survival. 

Why is nepotism allowed to be the magical gate pass into an industry that thrives on creativity and talent? While, yes, talent is needed for survival, the nepotism card gives a person more "try-agains" than the average actor. So while Average actor A can act, but doesn't get good opportunities and thus, ultimately falls away, Nepotism actor B gets great opportunities, even though a rock has more emotion than them. 

In sum, Naseeruddin - if you don't "understand this insider-outsider nonsense that’s going on," kindly keep your nose out of this because your statements speak clearly for you. You don't understand this one bit. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Who is dis attention seeker old man
Manavi_kesari thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

just like you said Swamy name sounds shady...........since you were joking, she also must be

i know there is a word .....😂
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: anu rulz

Kangana utters pure filth 90% of the time, but to say the debate is pointless is a very lazy approach. Shah has been complaining about the film industry since ages, on similar lines btw. But now apparently there were no hurdles for him? I call this BS. And again the same crap about other professionals having kids following their footsteps - you clear a medical entrance exam, an MBSS final exam, a PG entrance exam and a PG final exam before you actually become a doctor. And even then, your practice depends on your calibre. Your parents can give you a setup but you struggle as much as any new doctor to prove yourself. You dont have the luxury of your parents getting other doctors' patients away from them to yours. That manipulation is the grouse that the outside insider debate is based on.

^^ Hear hear 

lifeiscool thumbnail

Originally posted by: TinTuna

amir launched imran and then again cast him in Delhi belly. And Salman cast anyone from ajju bajju in his movies take daisy sha for example. As far as I remember there was a lot of hype about imran how he is the next best thing! Even many people on kwk said imran was a better actor and has a bright future. But unfortunately he delivered flops after flops. Amir tried to tried to recover his career through Delhi belly but couldn’t help much. Where on the other hand Ranbir proved himself as an actor by doing movies like rockstar,barfi and yjhd. So ultimately Ranbir survived. Best actor is  subjective as well. For ie Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor. A lot of people will agree but if I say he is the best actor ever then the outcome will be different.

and we recommend based on that doctor’s qualifications and  feedbacks . Aishehi kisiko nehi bolte😆

There are many doctors with a lot more experience still working only with an MBBS degree. Still people stand in queue to get treatment from those doctors. 

Yes qualification and feedback are the parameters in today's world but when there are 10 different doctors in your vicinity with the same MD ophthalmology degree and atleast 5 of them have almost same experience and feedback , to whom will you refer the patient. That would be your subjective opinion. You won't call that doctor best according to your opinion. This I am talking about clinics. In hospital, the doctor will recommend you to the ophthalmologist available in the hospital with OPD on that day. 

Imran gave a string of flops, so did ranbir. Did aamir keep offering him films, no! 

Best actor is subjective yes! For me , a more senior actor may be the best actor. What happens when certain directors and award shows keep reinforcing the fact that certain actors are best actors. Normal ppl who don't have any favs and watch movies purely for entertainment purposes are made to believe that so and so actor is the best one when it should purely be subjective. An opinion is already formed before watching their movie. Directors like Balki keep gushing how alia and ranbir and the best actors we have in india. To quote him, ' find me a better actor than alia and ranbir and we'll argue.'  it is called forcing your choices upon the audience. I mean did he forget all the more experienced, senior and better actors than them. That didn't sound like an opinion. 

Let us peacefully agree to disagree coz this will go on and on as i have a lot more arguments . 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
Who dis pseudo, coward oldie , only probs in India but nothing in bolly lala land lol , all hunky donky lol ,seems oldie for publicity targeted kr . Did he talk on ssr r just attacking kr who voiced about d bolly shit lol
GumGum thumbnail

Bobby Deol still heading in A list OTT contents, aur baat karta hai. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
Didn't name n also if opinion doesn't matter then will not take dig lol , buddha kya kehna chahte ho , attention seeker oldie bs for publicity lol .
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: beena_jon

half educated starlet

Naseeruddin shah its ur turn now 😭

Swag GIF by AfterThis - Find & Share on GIPHY

OT...kya dhoya hai....🤣..although Naseer's sanak is also on another level....but totally agree with him here....and Kangna ne bada CLASSY 🤣jawab diya hai.....she knows...ki if Naseer goes berserk...he would eat kangna alive...atta girl Kangna....u know ur targets...🤣