Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BoomTaki thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: libran90

So after Season 1, I did not have high hopes with Season 2 and so far don't have any high hopes. ITV knows how to screw up good shows, and I have seen fairly every show go down the drain, so very low expectations. Given the current coronavirus situation, I am still willing to give a benefit of doubt in the editing and hiccups, but storywise, there are issues that need to be addressed. 

Kabir is one of the most lackadaisical and sloppy CBI agent, I have seen, belonging to a department which has only him and his colleague, Pingle. What kind of a CBI department is this?  And this guy is busy chasing a "supposed" villain for 2 years, and how? Planting an agent who very easily gets killed. Planting a girlfriend who 24 hours back knew he was a PT teacher and is now going into the villain's den with little to no resources? Which CBI department allows this, man?  And he is supposed to love that girl. What love I must say. No background story, no moments, just randomly out of the air a guy and gal pop up who are in love. And honestly, Vishal should work on his expressions. He looks like he is sick and tired of his job and gf and will quit any moment. He should have an equal amount of impact as much as Vansh does. Kabir looks very weary and helpless. If he turns out to be the master manipulator, he should fit the bill.

Vansh is shown to be an overtly suspicious, controlling, suave businessman with a criminal proclivity on the side. He is stoic and stone cold. But that is just one side of his personality. Another "Very interesting" side of his is his tendency to continuously harp on "Interesting. Very interesting" taqiya kalam given to him, which is now driving me up the wall.😑 Arre, kabhi kabhi dikhao yaar, itna bhi mat dikhao ke jo dekh raha hai uska dimaag kharaab ho jaye. And the kind of character he has, he should have been the agent, not Kabir. Itna sharp aur calculating insaan hai, and then we have to tolerate Kabir as a CBI agent. Role reversal ho gaya hai kya? But Vansh though seems sharp, also seems to be pushed around a lot by this family of his. He may be just the face, with someone else pulling the strings. I mean, he is definitely a powerful and strong character, but there are layers and experiences which define why and how he is. I feel that this guy is a player and pawn at the same time. Let's see, how that unfolds.

Riddhima is an orphan, she is a sloppy part-time party planner and an inexperienced physiotherapist who is just randomly selected to be the physiotherapist to VR's sister Siya because somehow he finds her "Very Interesting". And being an orphan and raised to be independent, who should be very wary and suspicious of people, so easily, in fact blindly trusts Kabir, who lied to her about being a PT teacher, because she loves him. Ye puri love story me hi jhol hai. Atleast, RidAnsh will have more meat than RidBir. She is an equally sloppy spy, which is natural because she is trained by one. Arre yaar, Raazi hi dekh lete, Sehmat is also a civilian, but she is trained to go into the family and give secret information to the department. Atleast dhang ki training dikhate by Kabir to bharosa aata ki haan bhai, ye hai CBI ka banda, but what a massive disappointment. And madam ghar me ghuste hi spygiri chalu. When you know what kind of a guy your boss is, why even try. Settle at the house, observe the surroundings, observe the people, and get to business. But no, why show logic? Watching Riddhima as a spy is such a pain and seeing Kabir guide her adds to the pain. Behen, tum ek kaam karo. Spygiri sikhni hai to apne boss se sikho, tere boyfriend se to behtar hi hoga.πŸ˜†

Family me to koi bhi seedha nahi hai, whether its "Jiyo mere sher" wale chacha, whether its the typical mom-in-the-future-turning-vamp, whether its the good-for-nothing siblings jinke do paise ki aukaad nahi hai, bas bhagwan ne muh diya hai chalate hai, dimaag to hai hi nahi. Dadi is typical dadi material and sister Siya is seemingly suspicious, cause I am not sure about her being the nice one either. Let's see.

So overall, the thrill of a thriller is missing. The CBI officer is so bad, don't know what kind of manipulator he will turn out to be, but by the looks of it, he is capable of throwing his girl under the bus any given moment. Then we have a sly and calculating so-called villain who looks more like he is afflicted by pain than the one who inflicts pain on others. And then we have the girl, who needs to get her game going using her brain. Her "main tumhare liye kuch bhi kar sakti hu Kabir" won't really help her here.

Well, that's my review of the past few episodes. Do share your thoughts.😊

About Kabir what if he is not a CBI agent, what if he is manipulating Riddhima to think so, that could explain a lot of things. It's IIMJ so it is possible Kabir has some revenge/enimity with and Riddhima is an innocent fool of a pawn in his game like Deep did with Arohi in season 1.

Riddhima is an orphan then she is definitely deprived of love and affection all her life. Living in dreams often naive and foolish castles of Cinderella and Prince Charming and happily ever after. That is why she is succumbing to Kabir manipulation and may be that is why she is a good biddable pawn for him. I think she does not love Kabir as much as her life long need for love and family is. 

Vansh he is sharp yes and even though I myself find his "interesting, very interesting" dialogue a little OTT at times I guess it's like "What the.." of Arnav from IPKKND or "Haila" of Monisha from Sarabhai. I believe eventually takiyakalams make a character iconic. So .. don't bother much about itm

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: masked

@libran ur points never fails to amaze me or any other person on this forum.Your analysis are always insightful and exhaustive. But I respectfully disagree with your points between the difference of VR and Deep. 

Both are no saints that's for sure but does VR really know his limits regarding the women? Didn't he kill Agent Neha though her death still remains a mystery? So that makes him a killer then or his Truth Serum & other misogynistic treatments for the sloppy spy Ridzi? And he is supposed to fall in love with her. 

Yes VR is neither a charmer nor a Heartless Casanova like Deep but he's a master manipulator like Deep was.VR had inherited all the traits Deep had with few differences between them. Deep killed Vasudha and some other woman the name I don't remember. 

Also don't forget VR is a cold-blooded Mafia whatever the past experience or sordid life VR might had.His cruel past is no excuse for his shabby treatment for Ridzi. There's a difference between being suspicious and misogynistic. Did VR get betrayed by any women in the past? What's the guarantee VR gonna change for Ridzi? 

After all Ridzi is no Tara for VR. Evil always attracts Evil that's why Deep always preferred Tara over Arohi.Bluntly speaking I neither trust VR nor Kabir.Kabir might be shabby whatever now but he's no fool either. 

VR always gives this Deep vibes-hiding his real feelings and displaying cold expressions that's why VR's feelings for Ridzi looks like mere attraction now. It could be possible that VR has his own  Tara though she might not had come into the picture yet.After all Mafia leaders always looks to maintain their position or power. 

VR looks much better suited for Tara than Ridzi.Both denote power and Privilige.If VR is the SOS of Ishqbaaz then it makes sense but is he really that one? 

VR is in short a money-minded Psychopath like Deep was.I don't have problems with Ridansh shippers since VR's mysterious appeal fits the bill so perfectly but certainly I don't see any Ga-Ga type situation for this. Why is VR suddenly marrying Ridzi if he's suspicious about her? Isn't it a bobby-trap Ridzi is walking into bcoz she's got no choice with no Plan B or Plan C? Ridzi is doing all this for her one and only love Kabir.

Yes VR being cold makes sense now but if Arohi's love could not change Deep then certainly I don't see Ridzi's two-sided love having the same effect. Her heart is in the possession of Kabir.

Yes VR's background is quite open compared to the secret Deep had but Psychopaths whether fictional/real rarely change from the inside.Both Deep and VR had gone through the journey of pain and humiliation.Deep refused to accept Arohi's love as the pain-kilker what's the guarantee VR won't repeat the same? 

If VR wants Ridzi then it would be better that he goes the extra distance for her.Does/Will VR have that burning desire for Ridzi's love or is she just a mere object of desire for him? I don't see VR leaving his kingdom for Ridzi but whether she's VR true/only Queen only time will tell.

Like it or not VR is undoubtedly the Deep of this season albeit a different version. VR's love would always be twisted for Ridzi.He might love her madly but hurt her at the same time. And Ridzi would have to go through a very hard time for VR. Already she's experiencing this due to Kabir's  selfishness.  

@masked, I agree with the points you are making. In fact, in my opinion, even RK from Madhubala was a psychopath. Although fans went gaga over their chemistry, I for one did not appreciate his behavior with Madhu. It was downright atrocious.

With Vansh, he is a mafia, he is cold, he is controlling. He is not any saint. But since he is mafia, it is acceptable, because the profession they belong, it is but natural. Hiding the animal within under suits and accessories is their thing. And yes, I would also agree that I prefer Vansh and Riddhima over Kabir and Riddhima any day. I don't find Kabir as invested in Riddhima, as much as she is invested in him. I am not going gaga over it, but when I think from a character POV, I think RidAnsh both suit each other better.

Love can change people only if they want to change yaar. Credit is given to the girl, but ultimately, only if the man is willing to change will he change. So even if Riddhima falls for Vansh and tries to change him, he will change only if he wants to, otherwise, he will remain as it is. Since it is a thriller, I feel that Vansh's "Mafia Boss" act is sometimes not convincing. There are layers to it. In fact, I feel that he is not totally in control of his empire, and there is someone else calling the shots here. I may be wrong, but I get that feeling. 

Also, Vansh falling in love with Riddhima so easily is unconvincing. Love is not the reason for this marriage, for either. Out of the blue, a man like Vansh falling for someone is hard to believe. He can be attracted to her, but if there is any obsession keeda in him like Deep for Riddhima, I don't know. In fact, there are many signs that show that over time Riddhima could become his obsession. If he does fall for her down the timeline, there is no escaping for Riddhima, because Vansh will not let go. Also, when he is aware of her betrayal, would he be able to go through with finishing her off like he did to Neha, not sure. In fact, Neha's death too was unconvincing.

With Kabir, they are showing he is a CBI agent who loves his country, but he could be an imposter. He could be like Vardhan/Malik in Don movie, who was serving as Interpol officer, but in fact, was mafia. It could be taken that way. Maybe Vansh and Kabir are both mafia rivals trying to gain an upper hand because to me Kabir is taking his rivalry with Vansh way more personally than a CBI officer should, to a point that he has staked his girlfriend here.

Riddhima is the pawn here on this chessboard, and when she will become the opponent's (Vansh) queen, you never know. Queen is very important on the board. She could either support the opponent King Kabir and break her king Vansh, or she could be Vansh's strongest savior defeating Kabir in his own game. Never underestimate the ability of a pawn, which is Riddhima.

Edited by libran90 - 3 years ago
libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BoomTaki

About Kabir what if he is not a CBI agent, what if he is manipulating Riddhima to think so, that could explain a lot of things. It's IIMJ so it is possible Kabir has some revenge/enimity with and Riddhima is an innocent fool of a pawn in his game like Deep did with Arohi in season 1.

Exactly, just mentioned in my previous post that he could be an imposter like Boman Irani was in Don. There is definitely a personal angle here, it's not professional I am sure.

Riddhima is an orphan then she is definitely deprived of love and affection all her life. Living in dreams often naive and foolish castles of Cinderella and Prince Charming and happily ever after. That is why she is succumbing to Kabir manipulation and may be that is why she is a good biddable pawn for him. I think she does not love Kabir as much as her life long need for love and family is. 

I get she is an orphan, but hadh hoti hai mandbuddhi hone ki bhi. I mean aajke zamaane me kaun aisa karta hai. Life to Loony Tunes nahi hai right, ke jitna pyaara din hai utne pyaare hum. Kaunse duniya ki hai.

Vansh he is sharp yes and even though I myself find his "interesting, very interesting" dialogue a little OTT at times I guess it's like "What the.." of Arnav from IPKKND or "Haila" of Monisha from Sarabhai. I believe eventually takiyakalams make a character iconic. So .. don't bother much about itm

I agree with you, but honestly, his continuous chanting does irritate me sometimes.

BoomTaki thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

Thanks, @hari15. Appreciate it.😊

Honestly, I can see this clearly going the Humraaz way, but you never know. S1 was ruined, I don't know about this. Hope the slipshod storyline improves, its very dheela, especially for a thriller.

Not only Hamaraz it can go Jism 2, Gangster, International Khiladi (I am a bollywood buff πŸ€£) any of those way.

Lots of people going here like it's IMMJ anything can happen here. I beg to differ on that based on 2 things-

1. Although season 1 eventually went the "ghisa pita" way the core storyline and initial plot of it was unique so there were less inspirations for writers to take from if they feel lazy. 
  2. This season the storyline matches a lot of Bollywood movies, the ones I and you mentioned and may be some more. So, if the writers feel lazy and they often do in TV industry there are too many ready inspirations to take grab plot lines from and thus, I don't think this season will be much of thrill not that season 1 was any better but it had some freshness that I don't think this one will have due to above reasons.

I am still liking this season a lot and may be that's cos rn it's giving a lot of Gul vibes and I kind of dig that. Don't know of future but for now it's nice.

libran90 thumbnail

Not only Hamaraz it can go Jism 2, Gangster, International Khiladi (I am a bollywood buff πŸ€£) any of those way.

Lots of people going here like it's IMMJ anything can happen here. I beg to differ on that based on 2 things-

1. Although season 1 eventually went the "ghisa pita" way the core storyline and initial plot of it was unique so there were less inspirations for writers to take from if they feel lazy. 
  2. This season the storyline matches a lot of Bollywood movies, the ones I and you mentioned and may be some more. So, if the writers feel lazy and they often do in TV industry there are too many ready inspirations to take grab plot lines from and thus, I don't think this season will be much of thrill not that season 1 was any better but it had some freshness that I don't think this one will have due to above reasons.

I am still liking this season a lot and may be that's cos rn it's giving a lot of Gul vibes and I kind of dig that. Don't know of future but for now it's nice.

The future of course is very dim when we know TRPs make or break a show. But Season 1 started off well and went on to culminate in a disaster. This season has already started on a disastrous note, lets see how it progresses. Riddhima and Kabir are so pheeka as players in front of Vansh, no wonder Kabir could not nail him for the last 2 years. Let's see what happens next week, cause going by precaps, they are very misleading and even though, by the looks of it, Riddhima is caught, but we all know what will happen.

BoomTaki thumbnail

Exactly ... He says he is a CBI agent proof kidhar h?? Ek woh so called secret agent uski jo mark gayi and doosra uska side kick apart from that we only have his words for "I am a secret agent". He is not working in a full fledged office, and like someone else said even field officers have to report to someone and we are not been shown that either toh mujhe toh koi proof nahi dikh raha. About enimity even I think it's a personal angle and I have a conspiracy theory as well :-

• What if Kabir and Siya are together trying to take some god forsaken power acquisition revenge from Vansh? I mean Siya specifically asked for Riddhima as physio for herself warna I don't think Vansh itna bhi intrigued tha Riddhima se ki usko retain karta. Aur jab Riddhima talked with Siya for the first time toh Kabir ke expressions were shown jo kisi aur family members ke saath nahi dikhaye gaye. 
  • I think Deep ke characteristics are divided this season between Kabir and Vansh where Vansh has the sharp, cunning manipulator features whereas Kabir has the sleazebag, casanova as well as use and throw philosophy wala features. And, Siya is the TARA to Kabir's DEEP

Its my conspiracy theory πŸ€£

Baaki Riddhima is lameass mand buddhi bohot bhari padega ye Kabir jaap usko I just hope she doesn't turn out like Arohi matlab 10 baar ussi admi se thappad khao phir bhi sabak naa lo aur ussi ke paas serial end hone tak jaao. I mean benefit of doubt dene ki bhi hadh hoti h.

Though I feel uski yeh Kabir ke liye kuch bhi karungi wali bewakoofi uske orphan hone se related h as I said in love with the idea of love and acceptance.

And genuinely even I will take RiddAnsh over RidBir any day. And, I think may be after marriage with Vansh and over time she will start comparing the two. Aur usko Kabir mai shadiness dikhne lagegi magar tabtak woh bohot gehre gaddhe mai gir chukki hogi like in the shows trailer they had shown Riddhima battling the web. She is gonna get into a deep web.

Yeah, Vansh takiyakalams is irritating I hope over time woh thoda smoothly script mai daale writers and he needs a little work as an actor as well I think although I already like him. May be he is acting the way he is getting cues of , abhi ke liye Vansh ke character acting internal ho rather than external emotion display. Let's see about that over time.

libran90 thumbnail

Exactly ... He says he is a CBI agent proof kidhar h?? Ek woh so called secret agent uski jo mark gayi and doosra uska side kick apart from that we only have his words for "I am a secret agent". He is not working in a full fledged office, and like someone else said even field officers have to report to someone and we are not been shown that either toh mujhe toh koi proof nahi dikh raha. About enimity even I think it's a personal angle and I have a conspiracy theory as well :-

Woh maine hi mention kiya tha about field officer not reporting to someone. He reminds me of Boman Irani from Don. Lets see kitna mahaan deshbhakt CBI officer hai ye.

• What if Kabir and Siya are together trying to take some god forsaken power acquisition revenge from Vansh? I mean Siya specifically asked for Riddhima as physio for herself warna I don't think Vansh itna bhi intrigued tha Riddhima se ki usko retain karta. Aur jab Riddhima talked with Siya for the first time toh Kabir ke expressions were shown jo kisi aur family members ke saath nahi dikhaye gaye.

That I have made another post on Conspiracy theories, that Siya and Kabir are in this together, and sab property ka hi khel hoga as always. Let's see how the story progresses.

• I think Deep ke characteristics are divided this season between Kabir and Vansh where Vansh has the sharp, cunning manipulator features whereas Kabir has the sleazebag, casanova as well as use and throw philosophy wala features. And, Siya is the TARA to Kabir's DEEP

Probably, but in my opinion, Vansh does not seem to me to be very cold-hearted and neither does Kabir appear to be so straightforward and ideal.

Its my conspiracy theory πŸ€£

Baaki Riddhima is lameass mand buddhi bohot bhari padega ye Kabir jaap usko I just hope she doesn't turn out like Arohi matlab 10 baar ussi admi se thappad khao phir bhi sabak naa lo aur ussi ke paas serial end hone tak jaao. I mean benefit of doubt dene ki bhi hadh hoti h.

After Nia came into the show, I stopped watching because kuch bacha nahi tha dekhne layak. I hope Riddhima's good sense prevails and she understands whose side she needs to be on.

Though I feel uski yeh Kabir ke liye kuch bhi karungi wali bewakoofi uske orphan hone se related h as I said in love with the idea of love and acceptance.

Kuch zyaada hi lame hai. It's like her life depends on Kabir, and her dreams depend on Kabir. Its like lover nahi, apne life ki kami ko dur karne ka medium ho, like Kabir is some kind of drug. Vansh will be the reality check of her life. He will be responsible for showing her that life is not hunky-dory like she thinks it to be.

And genuinely even I will take RiddAnsh over RidBir any day. And, I think may be after marriage with Vansh and over time she will start comparing the two. Aur usko Kabir mai shadiness dikhne lagegi magar tabtak woh bohot gehre gaddhe mai gir chukki hogi like in the shows trailer they had shown Riddhima battling the web. She is gonna get into a deep web.

See, I feel she is already in a gaddha, and marrying Vansh will just deepen that trench further. But we have no idea how Vansh will be with Riddhima, we aren't aware of that side of his. So of course, there will be point of comparisons with Kabir. But once her truth is out, what will Vansh do to her, I don't know. But honestly, Vansh will show Riddhima what love looks like and it isn't what she thinks it is. It isn't a fairy tale.

Yeah, Vansh takiyakalams is irritating I hope over time woh thoda smoothly script mai daale writers and he needs a little work as an actor as well I think although I already like him. May be he is acting the way he is getting cues of , abhi ke liye Vansh ke character acting internal ho rather than external emotion display. Let's see about that over time.

True. Let's see.

Edited by libran90 - 3 years ago
BoomTaki thumbnail

Oops sorry didn't see the name while scrolling the posts that you wrote it.

About your conspiracy theory thread. Its there is the forum but I haven't looked it up. Will surely check it out. Anyways I haven't read your thread and we both are thinking alike so may be it will come to be true matlab itne saalon se Indian TV shows dekh rahe story predict karna bohot easy ho gaya h. Shock value toh lagti ho nhi kisi plot mai. πŸ˜†

Even I believe ki Vansh itna tedha nahi aur Kabir itna seedha nahi. I am just saying thoda thoda Deep ke traits dono mai daale hai baaki new season ke hisab se kuch ghataya badhaya h. I genuinely believe Kabir sleazeball niklega. πŸ€¬

Baaki, let's see how it turns out. Fingers crossed. 

Nice talking to you. πŸ˜Š

Edited by BoomTaki - 3 years ago
libran90 thumbnail

Oops sorry didn't see the name while scrolling the posts that you wrote it.

No worries dear. Read through it later.

About your conspiracy theory thread. Its there is the forum but I haven't looked it up. Will surely check it out. Anyways I haven't read your thread and we both are thinking alike so may be it will come to be true matlab itne saalon se Indian TV shows dekh rahe story predict karna bohot easy ho gaya h. Shock value toh lagti ho nhi kisi plot mai. πŸ˜†

Exactly, itne saalon ka tajurba hai, sab yahi pe kaam aata hai, kyunki show me most of the time bakwaas hi dekhne ko milta hai, trp ke liye.

Even I believe ki Vansh itna tedha nahi aur Kabir itna seedha nahi. I am just saying thoda thoda Deep ke traits dono mai daale hai baaki new season ke hisab se kuch ghataya badhaya h. I genuinely believe Kabir sleazeball niklega. πŸ€¬

True. Vansh and Kabir have a lot more shades. Ye jo pyaar ka saagar hai na Kabir ko dikhate hai, is actually very dubious, jo Riddhima ko dikhta nahi hai. And Vansh ko jo King of the Seas bolte hai na, sahi bolte hai, iceberg ki tarah jitne pani ke upar, usse kahin jyaada pani ke neeche, which Riddhima will have to figure out on her own. All the best Riddhima.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Baaki, let's see how it turns out. Fingers crossed. 

Fingers crossed!

Nice talking to you. πŸ˜Š

Same here😊

ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely review. I have to agree with you. I've stopped watching at this point. Everyday is basically the same. Riddhima messes up, Vansh suspects her, and then she responds. He continues to suspect her. I'll be back when the story moves forward a bit. Or when Kabir's story is introduced because we might finally go somewhere at that point.