A Review So Far of Ishq Mein Marjawaan 2

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

So after Season 1, I did not have high hopes with Season 2 and so far don't have any high hopes. ITV knows how to screw up good shows, and I have seen fairly every show go down the drain, so very low expectations. Given the current coronavirus situation, I am still willing to give a benefit of doubt in the editing and hiccups, but storywise, there are issues that need to be addressed. 

Kabir is one of the most lackadaisical and sloppy CBI agent, I have seen, belonging to a department which has only him and his colleague, Pingle. What kind of a CBI department is this?  And this guy is busy chasing a "supposed" villain for 2 years, and how? Planting an agent who very easily gets killed. Planting a girlfriend who 24 hours back knew he was a PT teacher and is now going into the villain's den with little to no resources? Which CBI department allows this, man?  And he is supposed to love that girl. What love I must say. No background story, no moments, just randomly out of the air a guy and gal pop up who are in love. And honestly, Vishal should work on his expressions. He looks like he is sick and tired of his job and gf and will quit any moment. He should have an equal amount of impact as much as Vansh does. Kabir looks very weary and helpless. If he turns out to be the master manipulator, he should fit the bill.

Vansh is shown to be an overtly suspicious, controlling, suave businessman with a criminal proclivity on the side. He is stoic and stone cold. But that is just one side of his personality. Another "Very interesting" side of his is his tendency to continuously harp on "Interesting. Very interesting" taqiya kalam given to him, which is now driving me up the wall.😑 Arre, kabhi kabhi dikhao yaar, itna bhi mat dikhao ke jo dekh raha hai uska dimaag kharaab ho jaye. And the kind of character he has, he should have been the agent, not Kabir. Itna sharp aur calculating insaan hai, and then we have to tolerate Kabir as a CBI agent. Role reversal ho gaya hai kya? But Vansh though seems sharp, also seems to be pushed around a lot by this family of his. He may be just the face, with someone else pulling the strings. I mean, he is definitely a powerful and strong character, but there are layers and experiences which define why and how he is. I feel that this guy is a player and pawn at the same time. Let's see, how that unfolds.

Riddhima is an orphan, she is a sloppy part-time party planner and an inexperienced physiotherapist who is just randomly selected to be the physiotherapist to VR's sister Siya because somehow he finds her "Very Interesting". And being an orphan and raised to be independent, who should be very wary and suspicious of people, so easily, in fact blindly trusts Kabir, who lied to her about being a PT teacher, because she loves him. Ye puri love story me hi jhol hai. Atleast, RidAnsh will have more meat than RidBir. She is an equally sloppy spy, which is natural because she is trained by one. Arre yaar, Raazi hi dekh lete, Sehmat is also a civilian, but she is trained to go into the family and give secret information to the department. Atleast dhang ki training dikhate by Kabir to bharosa aata ki haan bhai, ye hai CBI ka banda, but what a massive disappointment. And madam ghar me ghuste hi spygiri chalu. When you know what kind of a guy your boss is, why even try. Settle at the house, observe the surroundings, observe the people, and get to business. But no, why show logic? Watching Riddhima as a spy is such a pain and seeing Kabir guide her adds to the pain. Behen, tum ek kaam karo. Spygiri sikhni hai to apne boss se sikho, tere boyfriend se to behtar hi hoga.πŸ˜†

Family me to koi bhi seedha nahi hai, whether its "Jiyo mere sher" wale chacha, whether its the typical mom-in-the-future-turning-vamp, whether its the good-for-nothing siblings jinke do paise ki aukaad nahi hai, bas bhagwan ne muh diya hai chalate hai, dimaag to hai hi nahi. Dadi is typical dadi material and sister Siya is seemingly suspicious, cause I am not sure about her being the nice one either. Let's see.

So overall, the thrill of a thriller is missing. The CBI officer is so bad, don't know what kind of manipulator he will turn out to be, but by the looks of it, he is capable of throwing his girl under the bus any given moment. Then we have a sly and calculating so-called villain who looks more like he is afflicted by pain than the one who inflicts pain on others. And then we have the girl, who needs to get her game going using her brain. Her "main tumhare liye kuch bhi kar sakti hu Kabir" won't really help her here.

Well, that's my review of the past few episodes. Do share your thoughts.😊

Edited by libran90 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I somewhat share ur thoughts. And i really like it the way u presented  it.πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pyaar2012

I somewhat share ur thoughts. And i really like it the way u presented  it.πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Thanks, @pyaar2012. Appreciate it.😊

eiliyafatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

really good analysis of the characters and the drama so farπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

hari15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Good analysis and you have presented it nicely.

I hope this show doesn't turn out to be the old one with back and forth revenge that was so irritating to watch.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: eiliyafatima

really good analysis of the characters and the drama so farπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

Thanks, @eiliyafatima. Appreciate it.😊

zack69 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

I agree. Very good analysis.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hari15

Good analysis and you have presented it nicely.

I hope this show doesn't turn out to be the old one with back and forth revenge that was so irritating to watch.

Thanks, @hari15. Appreciate it.😊

Honestly, I can see this clearly going the Humraaz way, but you never know. S1 was ruined, I don't know about this. Hope the slipshod storyline improves, its very dheela, especially for a thriller.

libran90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zack69

I agree. Very good analysis.

Thanks, @zack69. Appreciate it.😊

Manisha_IF thumbnail

Wahhhhhh....Kya analysis he....

Undercover agent he...to shayad team kam he...par kabhi kabhi to dikhao ki wo apni team member se bat kar raha he...itna bada mission he to team bhi to badi honi chahiye na...

Lover to achcha nahi he...itni danger place me apne Pyaar ko bhej diya...

Vansh interesting he...hope ki future me bahot sare layer dekhne ko mile vansh ke character me...

Ridhima ab tak aesi ladki he jise sirf apne Pyaar par blind trust he... future me Kya pataa uska character totally different hi ho...

"Interesting...very interesting"wo sirf prof.vardhaan suryavanshi ka dialogue he...aur kisi ka nahi...