Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Love of white skin in the subcontinent predates the Brits. Ancient texts may have dark-skinned heroes, but they're usually shown as exception rather than rule. Rig Veda actually has a section where Indra gloats about defeating dark-skinned Krishna and driving away the dark hordes of Asuras.

It's convenient to blame everything on the evil colonizer (and they WERE evil) but not so comfortable to look your own prejudices in the eye.

On topic, how does that make the Khans in any way, shape, or form foreigners? If Kangana is claiming their Afghan ancestry does that,  she might perhaps want to take a look at maps of ancient kingdoms. Afghanistan area was considered very much a part of the subcontinent. If some of them migrated southeast and made current India their home, they're very much Indian. 

I can understand her peeve against acceptance of Amy Jackson/Katrina types since they are clearly here for the work and justifiably consider themselves Brit. Each has a valid visa, I presume. Kangana's peeve is therefore with the public as far as the ladies are concerned.

Sure but many people do like white people a lot for their skin and as India has history of being colonized by the British, it's just strange to put them on a pedestal like that. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sailor-Moon

she had said something bad about Pakistani people too

More Filth she spews 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sailor-Moon

Actually have no idea why people respond on her topics at all, if they stopped giving her attention she'll probably stop her nonsense

Wish we all were that restrained and patient to ignore filth. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

She had no qualms about releasing her movie in Pakistan. She likes their money but not the people.. Gotcha 👍🏻

slumgod.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Love of white skin in the subcontinent predates the Brits. Ancient texts may have dark-skinned heroes, but they're usually shown as exception rather than rule. Rig Veda actually has a section where Indra gloats about defeating dark-skinned Krishna and driving away the dark hordes of Asuras.

It's convenient to blame everything on the evil colonizer (and they WERE evil) but not so comfortable to look your own prejudices in the eye.

On topic, how does that make the Khans in any way, shape, or form foreigners? If Kangana is claiming their Afghan ancestry does that,  she might perhaps want to take a look at maps of ancient kingdoms. Afghanistan area was considered very much a part of the subcontinent. If some of them migrated southeast and made current India their home, they're very much Indian. 

I can understand her peeve against acceptance of Amy Jackson/Katrina types since they are clearly here for the work and justifiably consider themselves Brit. Each has a valid visa, I presume. Kangana's peeve is therefore with the public as far as the ladies are concerned.

That's why I said those Badi Badi comments about Indian being infatuated with white skins is nothing but to belittle other actors. Those actors are no way or any shape has anything to do with skin for their acceptance by Indian viewers. 

NeemKaP thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tapori

When she's referring to Stockholm Syndrome, she's referring to the British rule over India. The allusion would be that we fell in love with the white skin and started worshiping gorapan.

She is not wrong is stating we love white skin. Take any top actress today, the one common quality is fair skin. Of course, we are all as a society responsible for it.

Step onto the streets in India and count how many fairer skinned people you see and how many darker-skinned. If you take a balanced average (cities, towns, villages, etc) you'll find that fair skin is a minority in India! How then are almost ALL top actresses fair or in a quest to be fair?

She also took a swipe at Alia because of her British citizenship (I think she has some white ancestors as well from Soni Razdan's side, but I'm not 100% sure on that). 😛

Jacqueline is Sri Lankan. Katrina is British. I remember these 3 names from the interview.

Edit: I now saw the clip. I had missed Khans. I think she's alluding to the "fairness" of the khans (Salman & SRK hail from Afghanistan originally, not sure about Aamir).

Wow!!! If we are talking ancestry into perspective, a portion of India is foreigners including some past PMs. So that means we are all collectively suffering from Stockholm Sysndrome if we support folks from foreign ancestry?? Kya bakwas? And what if Khans and Kapoors have Afghan ancestry? How does that make them any less Indian? She just had a word diarrhea (which reflects the warped logic of brain) and we are defending that via complicated genetics. 

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: slumgod..

That's why I said those Badi Badi comments about Indian being infatuated with white skins is nothing but to belittle other actors. Those actors are no way or any shape has anything to do with skin for their acceptance by Indian viewers. 

Most top Indian actresses are fair though, and Akshay Kumar himself made fun of a dusky actress. Again, colorism exists which cant be denied 

But she is definitely mocking Alia and others because she hates them and has just used this as a cunning way to insult them

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NeemKaP

Wow!!! If we are talking ancestry into perspective, a portion of India is foreigners including some past PMs. So that means we are all collectively suffering from Stockholm Sysndrome if we support folks from foreign ancestry?? Kya bakwas? And what if Khans and Kapoors have Afghan ancestry? How does that make them any less Indian? She just had a word diarrhea (which reflects the warped logic of brain) and we are defending that via complicated genetics. 

The point she was trying to make is India's infatuation with foreign white skin. The usage of Stockholm Syndrome was probably a result of her frustration with the system (including the audience).

No matter how much we beat around the bush, we cannot escape from the fact that she has a point!

slumgod.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The point she was trying to make is India's infatuation with foreign white skin. The usage of Stockholm Syndrome was probably a result of her frustration with the system (including the audience).

No matter how much we beat around the bush, we cannot escape from the fact that she has a point!

Do you believe  skin color of khans is one of the reason why they are loved?  I m not denying Indian's love for white skin but her intention get questionable when she bring Khans into the mix. 

Also no matter how much we beat around the bush why she has a point, we can't ignore her real intention of dragging people left and right to fulfill her purpose. 

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt (has German ancestry, is a British citizen), Amy Jackson. Actually all these are Brits 😃

You will find bhatero actresses like Negar Khan (she was hot!), Yaana Gupta, Elli Avram, etc.

Give me ONE male imported known name.

But i think katrina kaif father is an indian or is he asian 

otherwise how kaif surname

kids usually take their fathers surname and country 

by that fact katrina is more indian than british 

Her father was a kashmiri (if you google)

so shes more indian british than british 

she looks also more indian than british actually