Would Saif Ali Khan have done better than Fawad in K&S? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

The whole film was a millennial version of a saas bahu drama.

Ennuyi thumbnail

Saif is a very good actor.. The original film had Saif, Imran and the female lead wasnt cast till last since it wasn't important. I think the film worked cos of the story/script..the characters and performances were alright nothing extra ordinary.

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

LOL So now Sid M and Alia are crowd pullers, I wonder why movies like Highway, Dear Zindagi, Ittefaq etc were not blockbusters?

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ennuyi

Saif is a very good actor.. The original film had Saif, Imran and the female lead wasnt cast till last since it wasn't important. I think the film worked cos of the story/script..the characters and performances were alright nothing extra ordinary.

Nah if that was the original cast then it wouldn't have worked for a few reasons. Saif I think is older than Rajat and Imran Khan was going through the last bits of his career where everything he was touching turning into sh*t.

Edited by InspectorShirke - 3 years ago
Sarika12 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Fawad looked the best n his acting was subtle n perfect...saif would have gone OTT n obviously he is too old for that role...

Ennuyi thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Nah if that was the original cast then it wouldn't have worked for a few reasons. Saif I think is older than Rajat and Imran Khan was going through the last bits of his career where everything he was touching turning into sh*t.

See when Saif and Imran were in discussion for their roles Rajat wasnt part of the cast..if Shakun had got his original cast someone older would have been cast in the fathers role not Rajat..

Ennuyi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sarika12

Fawad looked the best n his acting was subtle n perfect...saif would have gone OTT n obviously he is too old for that role...

Rahul's character wasn't age defined..he could have been a 30 year old or a 45 year old... Saif is not OTT, He is a subtle actor too.. and he's esp good in content based films.

Sarika12 thumbnail

Saif is a good actor but I just dont feel he would fit in Rahul s role...if the other cast was also different maybe he would suit but considering Alia and Sid I'm saying he looks too old for the role...

Ennuyi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sarika12

Saif is a good actor but I just dont feel he would fit in Rahul s role...if the other cast was also different maybe he would suit but considering Alia and Sid I'm saying he looks too old for the role...

Lol like I said in my earlier post when Saif was in discussion no other actor were cast except for Imran... so the cast would have been appropriately chosen if Saif accepted the role.

Sarika12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ennuyi

Lol like I said in my earlier post when Saif was in discussion no other actor were cast except for Imran... so the cast would have been appropriately chosen if Saif accepted the role.

Okay...

On a lighter note ,Thank god they didn't take Kapoor's like arjun r tushar just coz of their surnames fir this movie..