•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Those trippy, edgy movies which he used to make out stand out and have their own charm IMO, like Finding Fanny and Being Cyrus. I enjoyed both these movies for their unique brand of storytelling.But he faltered when he made those commercial movies like Cocktail and Angrezi Medium. Though Cocktail scored at the box-office, the movie fell flat IMO and the less said about Angrezi Medium the better ( though I watched it because it was Irfan's last film).

I enjoyed Finding Fanny the most out of all his films. It was fresh and innovative, and the cinematography and screenplay were a notch above the usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCnbYzdCTQ

Pehle jab BW film channels mein BW movies aate the toh chanced upon Being Cyrus, and I loved it. I liked Cocktail too. But I didn't watch the rest coz I never chanced upon those movies while channel surfing. I'd blame the dubbed south movies for the death of BW films both on TV and in theater. 

Originally posted by zoinks

Pehle jab BW film channels mein BW movies aate the toh chanced upon Being Cyrus, and I loved it. I liked Cocktail too. But I didn't watch the rest coz I never chanced upon those movies while channel surfing. I'd blame the dubbed south movies for the death of BW films both on TV and in theater. 

Being Cyrus was a masterpiece. I loved it too. Saif was absolutely brilliant in it. I would say it's one of his best performances, second only to Omkara.

The only film of his I liked is Being Cyrus.

Loved Being Cyrus. 

Enjoyed Cocktail, but I wish the ending was different.

Loved Being Cyrus. Didn’t care for Cocktail. Don’t know about the rest