vsbarry thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Better film?

I had learned that Chhicchore earned more than gully boy At the box office just recently.

Gully boy was so publicized and held on a pedestal  that I did not notice this

Ranveers performance earned huge accolades over sushant who was barely noticed for his contribution to the film. 

I did hear some people say that ranveers performance was better than sushant’s as a popular opinion. Hence the popular awards were given to both ranveer and the film as the performances were Overall better in gully boy.

thoughts?

Edited by vsbarry - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Im waiting to watch Chhichhore still 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Chichore! I actually haven’t watched Gully Boy. Nor do I want to. I don’t like torturing myself. 

DushtKanya thumbnail

Chhichhore is a far better movie than Gully Boy imho.

Gully Boy had good performances (with Siddhant being the best of the lot for me, followed by Vijay Verma then Veer), but honestly, it wasn't at all extraordinary, scriptwise. It even bored me at quite a few places, ngl. I like Zoya's films and Ranveer but this one is pretty overrated. Alia winning best actress for Safeena instead of Priyanka for The Sky Is Pink or Rani in Mardaani 2 is a joke.

Chhichhore on the other hand had really natural performances and relatable, realistic stories that touch your heart. The easy camaraderie between the boys, Sushant-Shraddha's bond, the strong message (ironic now 😒), and just everything ❤️ It made me laugh, cry and I was fully into the movie.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Both were decent but I have only watched them once. Didn’t watch either a second time coz they don’t have repeat value imo. 

Gully boy was better in terms of technical values. Camera work, shot breakdowns, performances , production design...it was more subtle and had more finesse in the way it was presented. 

Also gully boy made less than chichore in the domestic market by around 20 crores. But it made far more money worldwide beating it out in the overall collections including worldwide 
Naveen polishetty (acid) stood out for me the most in chichore and ofcourse it was an easy breezy film so that helped too: 

Edited by pathaka - 3 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Gully boy was a better made film, but it got way more appreciation, awards and accolades than it deserved. It was a rather mediocre year for Bollywood. In a better year, we wouldn't be talking about Gully boy so much.

Chhichore was a fun one-time watch film. Nothing more to it.

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

In my unbiased opinion.. Gully Boy is a better film than Chhichhore. First half of Chhichhore is very slow and the poorly done old age makeup ruined a lot of emotional scenes for me. It was fun to watch but it could have been so so much better.

Sonchiriya is the film that should be compared to Gully Boy. 

BombayChic thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I really liked gully boy. But I don't think I can watch it another time. I tried and switched it off in 10mins. I can watch chichhore once more. It's pretty fun in parts and a good watch.😃

NoraSM thumbnail

Didn't watch Gully Boy

Tried watching Chhichhore with my younger brother and was exposed to masturbating habits of horny engineers, Shradha was there too so couldn't finish it

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Chichore was more entertaining .