Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Just by attaching his name. It actually gives those people credit. Mutually beneficial 

It's the other way round. Dharma never had 200cr+ movie, attaching his production house's name to biggies give his production house credibility.

Kjo is a good manipulator, people are somewhat scared of him, they praise him so that he and his gang don't ruin their reputation through what everybody knows that. But he is a chindi as a producer, he can't solely finance his own mid budget films, let alone big movies. His movies don't even earn 200 cr. When big directors/producers have been giving 300cr movies.

Edited by zoinks - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sim-

Only KJo is showing college drama, no one else in the industey is intrested in that,

KJo direction brings great screen presence on an actor 

I think he has a fantasy of being the most popular girl in school. There was one in KKHH, another one SOTY and SOTY 2 (if what I read about is right). He clearly never got to fulfill his fantasy in real life. So he does his best to live it through movies. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

KWK..It was great fun in the early seasons.

Without SRK,he struggled.YRF roped in other Khans and delivered huge hits..while Kjo was trying to create his nepo academy.His biggest problem was that he was incapable of making blockbuster films with superstars.He attached his name to big films produced by others..that didn't work.How can a Rohit Shetty or Rajamouli film be seen as a Dharma film.

His future looks bleak..very bleak.

Agreed he is bad at making content oriented cinema. He either has to rely on people who are already stars ( Kajol, SRK, Ranbir, Anushka, Aish, Tiger) his movies to be successful. Or bring in a lot buzz by launching star kids. 

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Karan is obviously a talented man who is skilled at forging strategic partnerships. Nobody  is denying that. Though very linear in plots, the movies he directed have high repeat values and he and Manish made BW so fashionable and lured in the NRI audiences.

So, I don’t get the shade that some of us here are Kjo haters, waiting chomp himout for breathing too heavily 😂

Him and Apoorva Mehta, the actual CEO of Dharma make a good team, and obviously have made lots of savvy choices that has pushed Dharma forward. But, in terms of business solely, I credit Apoorva slightly more than Karan. Kjo, himself has spoken well of Apoorva’s entrepreneurship. 

Edited by TakingAStand2 - 3 years ago
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Well a lot have given good points like distributing Bahubali and 2.0. Supporting lunchbox. I will add a few to these - Music. He has given industry incredible music. Almost all his movies whether good or bad have great music. He has a good ear for music. Chooses well in that. Also he made Dharma a brand. Initially it was only Yash Raj but competition is good for any industry and he gave industry another brand. Adi Chopra got yashraj fims from his dad in legacy. Yash raj films is what it is because of Yash Chopra. Dharma is what it is because of KJO. Dharma was in huge loses after Duplicate I think. KJO got a failed company from his dad and turned it into a successful  brand.His business acumen is undoubtedly is good. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Karan along with Imtiaz popularized a very different kind of male lead. I think he also generally has better roles for the female leads in his films. 

Side note, I think Karan's big problem as a director is that he is always imitating some other successful director. It's never his own film. Even with the short films he does for streaming, you can see him trying to fit. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Karan along with Imtiaz popularized a very different kind of male lead. I think he also generally has better roles for the female leads in his films. 

Side note, I think Karan's big problem as a director is that he is always imitating some other successful director. It's never his own film. Even with the short films he does for streaming, you can see him trying to fit. 

Yes, a male lead that wouldn’t take a second look at you if you were a Tom Boy. But would be all over you after seeing your saree’s pallu get blown away by the wind! 

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

His movies with Srk kkhh, k3g, kank and mnik are biggest international hits 

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Also He built dharma. Dharma was once a bankrupt production house. He worked hard to save dharma and made it one of the biggest ph of India