Soni Razdan's new tweet about Mahesh Bhatt

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Soni Razdan

@Soni_Razdan

You’re so ill informed. My husband has given more breaks to new comers than any one else in this industry. There was a whole long period of time where he refused to work with stars. Then he was accused of not working with stars ! Do ur homework and then talk please.

2:58 AM · Jul 7, 2020

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Soni Razdan defends Mahesh Bhatt from nepotism claims: ‘My husband has given more breaks to newcomers than anyone else’

Soni Razdan has said that her husband, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, has launched more newcomers than anyone else in the industry.

BOLLYWOOD Updated: Jul 08, 2020 17:30 ISTHT Entertainment Desk

HT Entertainment Desk

Hindustan Times

Soni Razdan with Alia Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt.Soni Razdan with Alia Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt.  

Actor Soni Razdan has defended her husband, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, from allegations of nepotism. Soni was involved in an exchange about depression with screenwriter Apurva Asrani on Twitter, when a person called Mahesh the ‘flagbearer of nepotism’.

Soni wrote back, “You’re so ill informed. My husband has given more breaks to new comers than any one else in this industry. There was a whole long period of time where he refused to work with stars. Then he was accused of not working with stars ! Do ur homework and then talk please.”

Soni had previously addressed the topic in a Twitter response to filmmaker Hansal Mehta. She had written, “The expectation that people have because of whose son or daughter you are is much more. Also those who r ranting about nepotism today and who have made it on their own will also have kids one day. And what if they want to join the industry? Will they stop them from doing so?”

The debate around nepotism has been reignited after the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, whom many have claimed was marked as an outsider in the film industry, because of which he suffered professionally. Following a barrage of criticism, Soni disabled comments on her Instagram account. She wrote in a post, “Love it. Used to also love all your feedback and comments on my Instagram posts. Sadly I had to turn that off as I was getting the filthiest abusive muck on it for absolutely no good reason.”

Also read: Pooja Bhatt ‘can only laugh’ at accusations of nepotism, reminds Kangana Ranaut was launched in a Bhatt production

Mahesh Bhatt’s elder daughter, filmmaker Pooja Bhatt, also offered her take on the matter in a series of tweets. “Have been asked to comment on the hot topic Nepotism that people are raging about. As someone who hails from a ‘family’ that has launched more new talent-actors,musicians & technicians,than the entire film industry combined I can only laugh.Facts don’t find takers. Fiction does,” she said.

She added how the ‘Bhatt camp’ was earlier notorious for not working with established stars and was deemed arrogant for it. “There was a time when the Bhatt’s were accused of having something against established actors & made to feel inferior for only working with/launching newcomers & not chasing stars. And now the same people play the nepotism card? Google & tweet guys & won’t even say think & speak.” she said.

Mahesh Bhatt will direct both Pooja and his younger daughter Alia in the upcoming Sadak 2, which will be released on Disney+Hotstar soon.

galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I don't think she gets it. Stupidity must be contagious in that family.

Mahesh has way more problems that need to be addressed. Lets start with him being absolute filth and diagnosing people with mental health disorders.  Not to mention being a creeper of the highest degree.

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

What she said is true though... Mahesh Bhatt did gave so many new comers to the industry. Sarash, Ashiqui , Arth... Gangster and so many others.. I don't think any other filmmaker gave chances to so many outsiders the way Mahesh bhatt did. 

Edited by nema123 - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nema123

What she said is true though... Mahesh Bhatt did gave so many new comers to the industry. Sarash, Ashiqui , Arth... Gangster and so many others..

But that wasn't the reason he got bashed or started getting bashed in SSR's case. He stated getting bashed for the Parveen Bhabi comparison. I am not sure if it was him or his brother. Than his tweet mocking dead men dying. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

btw Arth wasn't Shabana Azmi or Smita Patil's first movie was it? 

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

But that wasn't the reason he got bashed or started getting bashed in SSR's case. He stated getting bashed for the Parveen Bhabi comparison. I am not sure if it was him or his brother. Than his tweet mocking dead men dying. 

I don;t think he said anything... his brother said. On top he is 70 years old.. old generation think differently..  And I don't think we should disrepect someone who has done so much good work. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: nema123

What she said is true though... Mahesh Bhatt did gave so many new comers to the industry. Sarash, Ashiqui , Arth... Gangster and so many others.. I don't think any other filmmaker gave chances to so many outsiders the way Mahesh bhatt did. 

John Abraham, Emraan Hashmi, Bipasha, Kangana even ❤️

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It’s easy to act the way he does with newcomers than stars... maybe that might be a reason...