Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Their chemistry was fire but did Satya actually like Bulbul or was he just protective of her because of his family's honor? 

The way he looked at her, the way he got jealous of Sandip the doctor, how he was so into them writing their book together and that scene in the rain when he's leaving ~ made it seem like he loved her too but cared about the khandaan ki izzat too much. 

Or was it just platonic? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kyapa thumbnail

I think he did coz he kept refusing to marry someone else and he was definitely jealous of that doctor but later in the end his character didn’t trust her or thought she is doing something wrong. I hated him there. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Bulbul def had feelings for him. She never understood how Rahul's character was suppose to be her husband. She was heart broken at the thought of him marrying someone else or leaving for London. They never explored his feelings in depth either way. He was protective of his entire family including the widowed bhabi. He was jealous of the doctor so maybe Bulbul could sense it as a witch. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It's a hard question to answer. He definitely was very fond of her. He wrote to her a lot, he asked for her the second he came back. He was jealous, when he saw another man was close to her. On one hand I want to say whatever he felt wasn't sincere and toxic because he tried to punish her when he couldn't get the other man away. But in his head he was protecting her from a murderer. At the end he was crushed when he lost her and he left everything so maybe his love was genuine

Also I think Bulbbul and the doctor also felt Satya loved her because the doctor says she is just my friend but "everything" to you. 

Edited by Rhimjhimsawan - 3 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Bulbul loved him or was infatuated with him before he left for London, her life changed drastically after it, whatever she felt for him wasn't there when he came back

Satya didn't love her

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

No. Satya saw Bulbbul as his friend only, and despite their closeness, always maintained a certain dignified distance from her since after all she was his sister-in-law.  Overall, I think Satya was more focused on his own development than his friendship with Bulbbul. Otherwise he would have shown more emotion while parting with Bulbbul before his departure to London. I don't think him not wanting to marry anyone had anything to do with Bulbbul; above all he desired to be a worldly man and might have felt that being tied down in a marriage came in the way of it. 

However, very deep inside there might have been some kind of unexplored romantic feelings for her. I don't think his concern regarding the doctor was 100% due to brotherly protectiveness. He must have been slightly jealous, but this could simply be because Bulbbul seemed to have replaced him with the doctor as her prime confidante and not explicitly because of any romantic feelings... 

All said and done, any romantic feelings Satya might have had remained unexplored by even Satya himself, as his mind was so shrouded by the ideologies of his elder brothers and the society. His mind couldn't look past them to acknowledge any romantic feelings for Bulbbul he might have been carrying in his heart.

Bulbbul on the other hand had made Satya the centre of her world up until he was sent away to London. She depended on him, confided to him and felt protected with him. Even then, her feelings can't be only attributed as "romantic". Bulbbul lived inside a small bubble and interacted with a limited number of people. Among them, bulbbul could trust and open her heart to noone else so she made Satya her everything: her friend, her playmate, her confidante, her creative partner, her love and even her guardian. So when he was sent to london, the world as Bubbul knew it, crumbled away.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

It's a hard question to answer. He definitely was very fond of her. He wrote to her a lot, he asked for her the second he came back. He was jealous, when he saw another man was close to her. On one hand I want to say whatever he felt wasn't sincere and toxic because he tried to punish her when he couldn't get the other man away. But in his head he was protecting her from a murderer. At the end he was crushed when he lost her and he left everything so maybe his love was genuine

Also I think Bulbbul and the doctor also felt Satya loved her because the doctor says she is just my friend but "everything" to you. 

I think the dialogue at the end explains that the doctor and her never had an affair. They were almost childhood sweethearts that had grown up together. Maybe they both never gave too much thought to what they felt. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

i think i need to watch this film many are talking about it

is it good guys?

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

is it good guys?

Really good! Much better then the overrated junk nepo kids are doing!

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mages

is it good guys?

It's too good. Slightly predictable but that doesnt really take away from anything. The performances are BRILLIANT. Everything about the movie is beautiful. 👏