•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

So I was watching yhm from the start during this lockdown. I completely saw all epi till the bhoot track many of them umteenth times. Then bhoot and murder track in parts. Then the leap, I tried watching episodes completely but failed. Most of them not even worth it. I could watch only upto Ishita kidnap, what happened later was over my mind... Even ishra second shaadi....

Being a once upon a time mad viewer of yhm, I tried to analyse how I lost connect with it

1 Drama.... Drama....drama

Yhm was never free of drama. But even during high voltage drama, the subtlity and fun things were not lost. Take shagun in bhalla house or Ruhi adi custody swap as eg. Every character behaved like it should. Ruhi pains, Ishitas and Raman disagreement, Shagun selfishness , most of it was justified. Fights were rarely blown out of proportion. Only Subbu simi was a disaster track.

Then after leap, puhi's custody was the worst handled custody track. Adi aliya love disaster... What the heck was there love story even for. Nobody liked them. I would prefer mihir Rinki over Adi Aliya anyday. Mani Raman fight, Ruhail🤢, adi roshni, Adi Ruhi business fight, evrything was blown hell out of proportion. Drama and Crime petrol definitely killed yhm

2.  Ruhi

Ruhi was the usp of yhm. Many started watching yhm for Ishru. I loved Raman Ruhi equally. Ruhaanika Dhawan owned Ruhi. I remember Ruhi going to doctor alone so that her Ishima could become a mother. After leaf I failed to connect with Ruhi. Personally I prefer custody swap wali roothi hui Ruhi over Ruhaan. Ok they showed us Ruhaan was rude, detached because of what happened to her. Then what, after Ruhi was back home what was she doing. From being a disturbed rockstar, she is now suddenly being a babysitter to Pihu, lecturing her papa and adi bhaiya, romancing with Sohail, I couldn't forget her behaviour towards Raman in that track, little Ruhi would never do that. Even Ishru chemistry was no longer special. Aditi could not bring that divru chemistry. For all those who dearly loved little rooh, this was a big disappointment.

3. Ishra......❤️

I am the one who tolerated even illogical murder track for Ishra. There chemistry was out of the world. It was more unique than most so called unique couple nowadays. From hatred to understanding to friendship to love, everything was a pure bliss. I liked how even being good mother , bahu etc Ishita would never ignore Raman needs. Though many of their fights were out of no reason, they would sit down and talk it out. Even Ishita used to say sorry in those days😆. Their nok jhok were great but their usp was how they talk to each other, their understanding and maturity. There were times when Raman was wrong and also when Ishita was wrong

All of those thing were completely gone post leap. First of all I could never believe Raman would call Ishita baanjh. Never. Not possible. No one could love Ishita like Raman did. Not even Ruhi. But I thing post leaf, makers had already decided that they want to make out charming Raman bhalla into a brainless janwar who could not do or say anything correct. The hero who caught param red handed, helped Ishita many times, even put his beloved adi into place now cannot even put 2 and 2 together. He is the one who create all problem. Jahatmata solved them. In many episodes it seemed nobody respects Raman, not the three kids nor Ishita. Even if he die nobody would care much. Totally disappointed how much they degraded Raman. Ishita Raman relationship also degraded to the lowest level. Now they are not discussing anything with each other, accusing each other and separating at the drop of hat. Ishita now never put Raman over others. Even Ishra remarriage did not evoke any feelings. Again bacchon ke liye. Then that pukeworthy saas sasur track🤢......

Budapest tried hard to do damage control but it did not succeed fully. 

Mother India Ishita killed adi and again separation and the cycle goes on. I don't even know the story since sudha entered.

4 Others.....

Ruhaanika as Pihu was not utilised well. Ishita bonding with her real daughter was never shown. She could have been a cupid to bring Ishra together but cvs choose otherwise.

None of new gen actors could match up with classed actor like shruti, Pankaj, mihika verma , raj, sangram, etc who were brutally side lined. Even kp and Bhavesh scenes were of a kind in old yhm. Aditi and Krishna were very mediocre. Abhishek was decent but even he could save adi aliya track.

I liked shagun initially, a ambitious woman who left her husband to get a more lucrative life. There are many women like her. Ok she turned completely negative when her marraige with Ashok broke. Losing her kids completely made her see sense. She wanted to help that woman who is raising her kids by being a surrogate mother. Ok. All fine till now. But what happens with this character afterward is out of my mind.🤪 With each track she change from white to black and vice versa. Ektas favouritism plays a role here I guess🤔. But it did a lot of damage to the script.

Finally 2 months into the leap, everything is already wrong with yhm. I don't know how it survived for 4 year.

Yhm is a classic eg of how to spoil a perfect show to total thrash literally😆

Edited by Anwesha1989 - 3 years ago

Bravo ....

Now ..all gone waste....

Yhm was only serial where people watched for time pass n loyal fans left ....divan...lost in translation...

Originally posted by sreeu12345

Bravo ....

Now ..all gone waste....

Yhm was only serial where people watched for time pass n loyal fans left ....divan...lost in translation...

Yes it seemed only trp aunties watched yhm in the last four years😆

Totally agree with you. Cvs had destroyed the classic yhm after leap. Mainly Raman character , the person who didn’t listen a word aganist ishita after few days of marriage when they were not wven friends ( amma appa anniversary scene) how can he call ishita baanjh.Ishita who always supported truth how can she hide about her from pihu. Raman pain was also not given much importance after leap they ghad actually shown that whole fault was of raman and ishita as bechari .  List goes on dude... 

YHM was ruined even before the leap. The day YHM used to portray Ishita as a devi like bechari aurat who also happened to be master of all trades and Raman the best CEO as a clueless beast who could only do was shouting or stand still in a corner doing nothing. Then came tracks only to further nepotism. Sometimes for producer's bestie or CV head & lead actress' bestie/fiance in the form bhoot track, surrogacy track to shove down Shagun into Bhalla family once again , ACP hovering around Bhallas mainly Ishita Bhalla, meaningless police station scenes and endless crime dramas. All these took a toll on YHM and the end result was leap and the leap destroyed the show permanently. Also, retaining Ruhanika as little Pihu paid no dividend as she was no longer that innocent little Ruhi but all grown up. Without Pihu, YHM could have taken 2-3 years leap that could have made YHM bearable. Then again no guarantee as besties treatments were on for those two even after the leap. 

According to me,the downfall started since the time slot change. I gave up on the show after IshRa's airport confession. After that, just used to watch selectively IshRa scenes.Couldnt stand that stupid Shagun in Bhalla house drama.And eventually stopped watching the show completely.The realism of the show was gone.I wish they ended it on a good note after Adi accepted Ishita.That would have been a logical end to the show.

But truly 11 pm YHM was magic. I might have watched each episode more than 100 times but I still don't get bored of it.

Originally posted by KootyPai

According to me,the downfall started since the time slot change. I gave up on the show after IshRa's airport confession. After that, just used to watch selectively IshRa scenes.Couldnt stand that stupid Shagun in Bhalla house drama.And eventually stopped watching the show completely.The realism of the show was gone.I wish they ended it on a good note after Adi accepted Ishita.That would have been a logical end to the show.

But truly 11 pm YHM was magic. I might have watched each episode more than 100 times but I still don't get bored of it.

Yes 11 pm yhm was indeed magic. Track used to end on time, no dragging. With Mani track the dragging started. But for me it was still watchable. Though it became more about Ishra than yhm as whole. But killing of Ishitas baby was it for me. I kept watching Ishra scenes in bhoot track and murder track skipping everything else. But after leap I completely lost connect with Ishra even.

Originally posted by riddhi99jc

Totally agree with you. Cvs had destroyed the classic yhm after leap. Mainly Raman character , the person who didn’t listen a word aganist ishita after few days of marriage when they were not wven friends ( amma appa anniversary scene) how can he call ishita baanjh.Ishita who always supported truth how can she hide about her from pihu. Raman pain was also not given much importance after leap they ghad actually shown that whole fault was of raman and ishita as bechari .  List goes on dude... 

Pihu not knowing truth was just to include shaggy drama. Else any man who once loved his wife so madly would definitely tell the child about her mother. It was definitely the worst handled custody track of yhm.

Raman after leap became a waste product. Nobody cared for him or needed him. Ishita included. 

I started this show for Raman. It pains to see what they have made of my fav male lead in itv.

Originally posted by Devanshi14

YHM was ruined even before the leap. The day YHM used to portray Ishita as a devi like bechari aurat who also happened to be master of all trades and Raman the best CEO as a clueless beast who could only do was shouting or stand still in a corner doing nothing. Then came tracks only to further nepotism. Sometimes for producer's bestie or CV head & lead actress' bestie/fiance in the form bhoot track, surrogacy track to shove down Shagun into Bhalla family once again , ACP hovering around Bhallas mainly Ishita Bhalla, meaningless police station scenes and endless crime dramas. All these took a toll on YHM and the end result was leap and the leap destroyed the show permanently. Also, retaining Ruhanika as little Pihu paid no dividend as she was no longer that innocent little Ruhi but all grown up. Without Pihu, YHM could have taken 2-3 years leap that could have made YHM bearable. Then again no guarantee as besties treatments were on for those two even after the leap. 

Yes bhoot track was illogical and crap. Still I used to see Ishra scenes skipping everything else. But for me leap killed Ishra too. I no longer enjoyed there scenes.

Ishita master of all trades and Raman the beast came with leap acc to me.

I think even if they had not retained Pihu, they would have to take long leap, otherwise how would have they shown grown up adi and Ruhi. Leap is taken in balaji to make kids grown up to make space for more drama.

I think Ruhaanika did a decent job as Pihu. But the prob is unlike little Ruhi and adi, puhi's character was not written well. There were too many inconsistencies. How Pihu bonded with Ishima was never shown. The entire earthquake in 2015 was for adi to accept Ishima and reject shagun. But with Pihu they never showed how she got attached with Ishita and detached from shagun. One fine day she is suddenly like she can't live without ishita. It was cvs fault.