Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I think it's too simplistic to say so and so were the last superstars.

Superstars are going to be there in every era. Simply because times have changed and content-driven films are doing well, one can't say that superstars will cease to exist.

As much as I don't like him, cannot deny the fact that Tiger is a superstar in the making. His movies work regardless of content, even despite trashy content.

Times or the definition of a superstar? If it is the latter, then I agree, there are going to be superstars in every era. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Part of the problem of no more stars is the older stars still aren’t getting out of the way( not that they should)

Yeah I guess SRK is in sabbatical and Aamir does films sporadically but even if Salman isn’t solely no.1 he’s tied with Akshay atleast 

When in Bollywood history did a 53 year old and 55 year old fight for the top spot ? ? That in it of itself is monumental 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I think it's too simplistic to say so and so were the last superstars.

Superstars are going to be there in every era. Simply because times have changed and content-driven films are doing well, one can't say that superstars will cease to exist.

As much as I don't like him, cannot deny the fact that Tiger is a superstar in the making. His movies work regardless of content, even despite trashy content.

Never watched any movie of his and don't know anyone who has. He's just an action hero and a dancer and is horrible at everything else. 

Actually now that I think of it, this is bollywood, it doesnt take much to become a superstar so nvm 😆

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Part of the problem of no more stars is the older stars still aren’t getting out of the way( not that they should)

Yeah I guess SRK is in sabbatical and Aamir does films sporadically but even if Salman isn’t solely no.1 he’s tied with Akshay atleast 

When in Bollywood history did a 53 year old and 55 year old fight for the top spot ? ? That in it of itself is monumental 

But why is it that they have to get out of the way? AB Sr. didn't get out of the way for the Khans or HR to become superstars.

If any of the newer actors have it in them to become superstars, they will regardless. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChinChinChooo

But why is it that they have to get out of the way? AB Sr. didn't get out of the way for the Khans or HR to become superstars.

If any of the newer actors have it in them to become superstars, they will regardless. 

He didn’t get out of the way but eventually flops outnumbered hits and the offers stopped rolling in. When he was 53 he was in sabbatical. By the late 80s he was slowly heading down and he was like 46/47 (Khan’s at this age delivered hits and super blockbusters) 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Never watched any movie of his and don't know anyone who has. He's just an action hero and a dancer and is horrible at everything else. 

Actually now that I think of it, this is bollywood, it doesnt take much to become a superstar so nvm 😆

I haven't watched a single movie of his either. But I saw the trailer of Baaghi 3 and it was a cringe-fest. Cannot for the life of me imagine how it crossed 100 crores. But that's the point I guess-- the masses love him, the hinterlands, etc. 

coldbrew thumbnail

I think there will always be a "superstar" or two because idolizing celebrities is a rampant culture in India that isn't going away anytime soon. Most of them are simply not conditioned to go for the movie, enjoy a couple of hours, praise their work and move along. 

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am desperately rooting for it .. 

I despise superstardom and all the mediocrity that comes along with it .. Public goes mad and lap up all the garbage dished out by these "superstars" .. Finally audience is realising that they are the ultimate boss and shouldn't have to settle for mediocrity .. It just means more content driven , quality entertainment devoid of nonsensical superstar worship .. More chances for real talent to shine  .. The more the merrier ! ..  😃

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Stardom in India may evolve and change but it will definitely not die. For most of the country, films and cricket are the ONLY form of "entertainment" so naturally people idolize and worship these personalities. 

Even today, films without a known face barely make a dent at the box office. In fact, it almost feels like we were more accepting to newcomers back in the day. Can you imagine a newcomer today doing the numbers that a KNPH or MPK did back in the day? That type of instant acceptance is only reserved for the superstars today.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

No.. you know why entertainment industry is so famous? Because it takes us away from our day to day problems.. audience makes superstars because they look up to them.. they envy their lifestyle, the glitz and glamor.. they consider it to be a welcome break from their mundane routine and that will never change.. reason why Tiger clicked.. he has good screen presence.. it's not just about acting.. actors with larger than life persona will always be idolized