Did Raju Hirani promise Sanju to Sushant Singh Rajput?

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Did Rajkumar Hirani promise Sanju to Sushant Singh Rajput?BySubhash K. Jha

Created: Jun 24, 2020 - 11:38 IST

It seems Karan Johar is being unnecessarily blamed for Sushant Singh Rajput’s career disappointments. Sources close to Sushant say director Rajkumar Hirani had got Sushant to agree to do a cameo in the Aamir Khan starrer PK on condition that he would play the lead in Hirani’s next.

#Sushant Singh Rajput

Did Rajkumar Hirani promise Sanju to Sushant Singh Rajput

Says the source, “In 2014 when Raju Hirani made PK, Sushant was a very big star. Raju requested him to do a cameo part as Anushka Sharma’s love interest. Sushant was not too keen, as the cameo part had already been turned down by other A-listers. He politely asked Hirani what he would have to do in a film that stars Aamir Khan. But Hirani assured Sushant that his cameo in PK would make an impact. He also assured Sushant that he would be playing the lead in Hirani’s next film.”

As it happened, Hirani’s next was the Sanjay Dutt bio-pic Sanju and Hirani quickly signed Ranbir Kapoor for the part the minute Ranbir showed interest in it. As for Sushant, this was certainly not the first or last time he was let down by a filmmaker.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Says the source, “In 2014 when Raju Hirani made PK, Sushant was a very big star. Raju requested him to do a cameo part as Anushka Sharma’s love interest. Sushant was not too keen, as the cameo part had already been turned down by other A-listers. He politely asked Hirani what he would have to do in a film that stars Aamir Khan. But Hirani assured Sushant that his cameo in PK would make an impact. He also assured Sushant that he would be playing the lead in Hirani’s next film.”

Such blatant lies. I watched an interview where SSR openly states he was dying to work with Hirani and apparently he told Hirani that he will do any role in his film, even if it's just a walking shot in the background. He just badly wanted to experience working with him, so he said he was happy to do PK, and he did the film without charging any fees.

Remember this and then see what the source is suggesting, that Sushant was not happy to do PK but he did it anyway because he was promised another film with Hirani.

Edited by ponymo - 3 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Its fake news, I saw an interview of SSR where he says he gave 3 auditions to get the role in PK.

He was talking about auditions and he said he gave 12 for Kai PO cue , 3 for PK and one for Yashraj movie plus 1-month workshop

I know I am digressing here, but I must say SSR had made full use of the opportunity he got in PK...He excelled in even that small role and made sure the audience walked out remembering and acknowledging his presence! That right there is the mark of a good actor with amazing screen presence! What a shame..we have so little of him...10 movies is all we have got of him...:(

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Subash Kumar Jha is the world's worst gossip mongering uncle, worst. period.

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Speaking of PK, Aamir has been awfully quiet for someone who actually worked in the same film as Sushant. He had posted condolences for everyone on his Insta stories and Twitter that have passed away recently except Sushant. He hasn't said a word about Sushant. But I digress. I think Sushant just really wanted to have the experience of working with all the finest directors. I remember him saying that once. And he did get to work with many renown directors. Abhishek Kapur, Dibakar Banerjee, Raju Hirani, Dinesh Vijan, Nitesh Tiwari, etc. He has a very impressive body of work for the 6-7 years he has been in Bollywood. Had all the potential to be number 1 or atleast top 3.

Edited by Cookies.. - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cookies..

Speaking of PK, Aamir has been awfully quiet for someone who actually worked in the same film as Sushant. He had posted condolences for everyone on his Insta stories and Twitter that have passed away recently except Sushant. He hasn't said a word about Sushant. But I digress. I think Sushant just really wanted to have the experience of working with all the finest directors. I remember him saying that once. And he did get to work with many renown directors. Abhishek Kapur, Dibakar Banerjee, Raju Hirani, Dinesh Vijan, Nitesh Tiwari, etc. He has a very impressive body of work for the 6-7 years he has been in Bollywood. Had all the potential to be number 1 or atleast top 3.

Aamir is not obligated to make comments 

Also Dinesh directed one film and that failed big. He is renowned in nothing 😆

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Arre baba...no one is obligated to do anything but people can always wonder right? Waise, when did you start talking about such things?😲

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Arre baba...no one is obligated to do anything but people can always wonder right? Waise, when did you start talking about such things?😲

Your right people can wonder.

What things ? 

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Didn't say he is obligated. Nobody is obligated to do anything. It's just out of courtesy since they've worked on a film together.

And did I mention "hit films" anywhere. I just said Sushant wanted the experience to be directed by renown directors and really know his craft. 

Dinesh Vijan is a producer and owns Maddock which produced some decent films. Raabta was his first directorial. Sure Raabta didn't work out but Sushant really enjoyed that experience and prepping for that film.