Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

He has the PR support and KJO has a soft spot for him as he launched him.

So their not blood their friends. KJO wants to make things easier for his friends. Go thru Bollywood history and you'll find that everywhere. 

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

YRF is a bigger cause and the silent killer in terms of many talents... yes he does give them movies but they have to abide by their contract and his timelines... he doesn’t let them sign movies even though they have some awesome movies in their kitty... and if they break or part ways he carries a grudge... Shraddha is also an example, only now that she is successful the ice has melted but he held a big grudge against her... seems like it happened with Sushant too...  

Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

As others have said, Karan is much more public about his clear preference for industry kids through Koffee with Karan and his insta shenanigans. His condolence post didn't help matters either. Also, he is very much on SM and relatively easy to reach virtually.

Aditya Chopra, on the other hand, is inaccessible. And his beef with SSR does not come off as rooted in nepotism entirely, since YRF launches have been less prominent nepotism products.

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

Well he gave him Shush Desi Romance and Detective Byomkesh. Both were good movies, but one did average business and the other flopped. Not sure why outsiders get royally screwed if they are part of a flop film, but nepo kids with contacts and PR support keep getting work.

Not true...Aren’t SidMal, Kangana and RKR still getting work despite the innumerable flops they keep churning out?

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Trisolaris

Aditya Chopra, on the other hand, is inaccessible. And his beef with SSR does not come off as rooted in nepotism entirely, since YRF launches have been less prominent nepotism products.

but if SSR issues are from his career, Aditya Chopra is the main cause of that.

desert_rose thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Karan said that he talked to Aditya Chopra to not cast Anushka Sharma for Band Baaja Baaraat and choose another for the role...Aditya insisted on Anushka and didn't listen to Karan...I think it was about Anushka's looks...kjo think she's ugly.....

Now look at Anushka has a very successful career, happily married to Virat Kohli and has now a very promising successful production company

Maby Sushant was not lucky like Anushka and Aditya Chopra listened to Karan this time and blacklisted him  

Edited by desert_rose - 3 years ago
Trisolaris thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jb508

but if SSR issues are from his career, Aditya Chopra is the main cause of that.

I don’t agree that either Karan Johar or Aditya Chopra have directly caused SSR’s death. I’m merely answering why people are lashing out at KJo more- his issues with SSR seem to be borne out of a need to systematically prop up products of nepotism by shading outsiders that don’t suck upto his squad (through sly digs, nasty blinds). As opposed to SSR’s issue with Aditya Chopra, who generally is someone who tries to retain talent through unfair, binding contracts- professional misconduct, not personal. 

Edited by Trisolaris - 3 years ago
Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I wish he had done Ram Leela. That would have done so much for his career. I guess his father didn't have a few million to invest in his career, therefore he wasn't allowed to make the film. He was such a talented Actor, he didnt deserve all this cruelty. 

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sooner or later, everyone (yes, including me) will have face their Karma.