Fan Fictions

Her Final Performance

aks1212 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Her Final Performance

Callie was extremely tired and stopped at an old house with a sign declaring, “The Oaks Inn – Bed and Breakfast.” The room was very comfortable and she fell asleep as soon as she lay down on the bed.

Callie woke up in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of a pianist playing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. Callie was a pianist herself, traveling to the next town for a concert, and was very impressed with the skill of whoever was playing.

She glanced at the clock and wondered who and why someone would be playing the piano at 3:00 in the morning. She simply could not go back to sleep while the music was playing. She finally decided she must ask whoever was playing the music to stop so she could get some sleep.

As she entered the dining room on the first floor of the inn, she saw a man seated at a piano in the corner. He was extremely handsome and dressed in a tuxedo. With his thin mustache and slicked-back dark hair, he looked like someone from the roaring twenties.

The man looked at her and said, “Well, Callie, here you are. I have been waiting for you for a long time.” Callie was surprised that he knew her name, but felt enchanted by his tone of voice. When she made no reply – for she was quite speechless – he spoke again. “Come sit with me, Callie.”

Unable to resist his command, Callie moved to the piano and sat next to the mysterious man. “Now, Callie, play with me.”

Callie felt a chill in the air and shivered. Unable to resist the man’s command, she placed her fingers on the piano and they began to play the sonata together. As they played, they both faded out of sight as the music became softer and softer.

At the last moment before completely disappearing, Callie realized she had just played her last performance. Death himself had come for her that night.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Death was waiting for her. There's beauty in this sadness though. She died doing something she loved.