Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

allizzwell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

YJHD, Wake up Sid, Dil chahtha hai, Bahubali 1, Chandni 

When watched these at home, I regretted not watching them in theatre . Loved these movies to bits.

Piku, Barfi

Went to watch these movies with zero expectations and came out with a smile and moist eyes respectively. 

Edited by allizzwell - 3 years ago
Rosie_Marco thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Confused-aatma

There is this 2 movies..i can never stop regreting choosing 2 other movies over these that too in the last minute..neither i can forget those unfortunate choice nor my family and friends ever let me forget it.

One is Malayalam movie 'My boss'..Me, my bestie and both of our family went to the theatre..we had 2 choices, one this movie and another a new gen movie about an obese guy..both were reviewed as good comedy..my brother was insisting on going for My boss but i decided to watch the 2nd movie based on advice from some of my college mates..then later when i watched the First movie oh my god it was such a next level comedy movie where you will laugh from beginning to end nonstop..its my mom, dads fav movie now(mine too and my brothers too untill he became a serious guy interested in parallel movies and all )..whenever its playing on TV my dad will call my mom saying its ur fav movie and my mom will come running leaving all her work..an evergreen you can watch amy number of times at any time type of movie it turned out to be.

Another incident is in college.. untill housie we were not used to going to movies often, so in final year when we got a chance to go for a movie my gang was so excited...again we had 2 options- Om shaanti oshaana and 1983..both had Nivin pauly in the lead n good reviews..so we were confused..i asked some other friends for opinion and they advised to go for 1983..my gang were more inclined towards Om shaanti oshana and i convinced them 1983 is better and we watched 1983..it was an okayish movie n we came back..problem arrived when we got to watch om shaani oshaana later on..oh god it was such a light hearted feel good romcom with so much repeat value..my most favorite now..and my friends almost killed me for not letting them watch it in theatre🤧

The second is Malayalam film?

Rosie_Marco thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ass_Hole

There are many classic movies which I've missed in theaters. Of course you can't go for every movie so I don't regret it. There are some movies which are my favorites and I wished I had watched when it came out. My experience would've been a lot better if I had watched them on big screen. But then I realize that I was so young when those movies came out, so i couldn't have gone on my own and my family didn't take me as their taste in movies are very different than mine.

Which are those favorites?

Rosie_Marco thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

That's such a shame :(

I went to see it 3 times in the cinema.

I've always been a huge fan of Sridevi since I was a little baby, but my first cinema trip was in 1998. She had retired in 1997 :(

So having waited 15 years to see this goddess on the big screen, I had to make the most of it.

I'm a tiny bit drama queen, so when they showed Sridevi on the screen in the opening of the film, me and my sister were screaming like we were at a Michael Jackson concert.

-

I really wish I had seen Dil To Pagal Hai because it was my favourite film for years, but my mum didn't let me go to the cinema that year :(

Lucky you.MJ concert Hahahaha.

Rosie_Marco thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

I only like to watch movies that are very grand in terms of sets/costumes/period dramas or have extremely stunning cinematography in the theatre

At the top of my mind, I really wish I saw these in the theatre:

Kaagaz Ke Phool

Mughal-e-Azam

Umrao Jaan (1981)

Dil Se

Devdas

Barfi

Lootera

Jagga Jasoos

Old films fan? I see nobody make old films thread.

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ishq

Taare Zameen Par

Barfi

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

English Vinglish

Bareily ki Barfi

I did watch Stree in theatre, evening show. It was dark by the time we left the theatre...total paisa vasool. 

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Mine is the opposite-a film I regret watching in theatre -should’ve avoided at least 3 films in theatre 

I felt that way with October (not Varun's fault, but the movie was too sombre to watch big screen). Which 3 films did you regret watching?

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Jagga jasoos, i had the tickets booked but couldn't go due to work issues.

Unconventional thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I am just glad I watched Bahubali on big screen bcoz I wasn’t very sure about it at first.Then I watched it thrice..both 1st n 2nd part.

I haven’t seen Jodha Akbar in cinemas.I would have loved to watch it.