Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Abhishek should be evaluated on his own terms?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I think the problem is, he is compared to his dad more often than not and people try to search for AB Senior in him. Which is doing a gross injustice to Abhishek and his talent. He is a good actor...and should be evaluated on his own terms, with his own strengths and weaknesses, rather than trying to fit into a particular replica.

Anyone else feel he is grossly undermined as an actor? He acts well in most of his movies, especially Yuva, Guru, Manmarziyan and Delhi 6. He's not a dud in acting--on the other hand, he's actually someone who delivers!

I could never get the bias against him. It's like a collective joke that people endorse..not trying to get to the bottom of it..just believing it because everyone says it...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Just see this scene: the way he has acted here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCHxXy7tOc

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I always felt Abhishek is a decent actor. He has the potential. He was good in Guru and even in comedy like Bol Bachchan. But yes, he faced the repercussions of being Amitabh's son. But it can be taken in two ways, just imagine if he wasn't the son of Amitabh : Either he would have never made it to Bollywood, not that famous and hype which he got in the starting, or if he would have made it to Bollywood, his condition as an actor would have been better. He would have got more respect and would have been seen with different lenses for being an outsider and making upto there on his own. Being a child of a big star have both perks and repercussions. People do compare, do bashing. 

I read an article where Shweta Nanda mentioned why she doesn't want her daughter Navya to join Bollywood, she couldn't sleep when she saw her brother getting trolled on social media. 

But that's life, you can't get everything, Abhishek is lucky to get the launch, hype everything but something didn't click with the audience. He lacked something, don't know what ( may be comparison, obviously, people are harsh on the nepotism kids, so happened with Abhishek too) . This is the reason why many kids of big stars can't  make it big, Ranbir Kapoor is one of those exceptions who actually made it, we see many people call Rishi Kapoor as Ranbir's father, but I haven't heard the same for Abhishek. 

Edited by Curious_Renee - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

He sucks ðŸ¤£

The money spent on his films could be better spent being burnt and keeping homeless people warm

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Abhishekh has no screen presence or looks one of this is very impt

Plus his movie choice was worst 

Plus his father in AB Sr one of the best super stars

If he was no ones son he may have lasted more

Thats issue with all actors sons or daughters 

Rakesh roshan was flop actor Hrithik super star bec compared to daddy hes better

Esha deol is flop hema malini super star

Babita was a flop actress and so was randhir kapoor not so famous karishma was famous kareena too  

When you do not have great people to compare to in past the kids do great usually

Look at akshay bad acting has he not survived 30 years only on stunts, only in comedy he does some good acting. Imagine if akshay was a famous super star son he would not go past 10 movies bec all will compare with father

When it comes to hero they compare with father and heroine with mother actress

Look at bobby deol compared to dharmendra and sunny deol he stood no chance of success no matter how good he acted etc 

Same for kumar gaurav and many other super star sons who were decent actors

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Unfortunately some people just dont have the screen presence and he was one of them. Besides Sarkar i dont think i have liked him in any of his movies. He was over rated initially because of his dad and Priety, Rani and Kareena likes boosted him alot because of his looks or perhaps cuz he came from a reputable family. Unfortunately acting was never in his genes. Charming guy though off screen and quiet humorous too. 

YourCat thumbnail

He should drop his bachan tag then and go with his name only. Plus he is the one who goes OTT with making statements like "my first shot with the Amitabh Bachan, I was terrified", look at John Abraham, Amitabh? Just another co star 😆 .  

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sometimes I feel it is also because of the default attitude star kids come with, like "if my father's so and so, I shouldn't have to work hard and struggle."  I see this entitled attitude in Ranbir, Kareena, Ananya and Abhishek.  I feel like they repeat themselves in most movies vs really working hard to break out of the mold. In contrast, I like Hrithik's attitude of "I had to work hard to overcome stammering, to speak well, I will work hard to get better at something (action stunts, etc) involving acting." So maybe, star kids whose parents have not done well, have this attitude of 'I need to work hard, if I want to stay in this industry long enough' and hence do well.

Re: Abhishek, I feel he's lazy. In Dhoom 2 while everyone else was hitting the gym, he was the only one flaunting his paunch in the movie poster.  In Raavan, he was loud and terrible in his acting...also when Mani Rathnam suggested using the same actors in a tamil movie with hero/villian roles flipped, he was the only one who declined to be a part of it because he would have to put efforts in learning Tamil. 

Another example, there was a marathon event for which Amitabh Bachchan was invited; instead Abhishek came in due to his father's scheduling conflict.  While Amitabh Bachchan (despite all his other failings) would typically report on time or earlier given a 5:30am race start, Abhishek showed up at 7:30am delaying the race by a few hours and inconveniencing everyone. 

He was just lucky, he got so many chances to prove himself.  He's a lovely person in his interviews, a devoted husband and accepts his movie failures gracefully,  but an inconsistent actor.  He was good in a few movies. He can still improve, if he works hard at it.

Edited by Shailesh_Rathi - 3 years ago
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

It's just a lame excuse when people call that Abhishek couldn't succeed just coz he is Senior AB's son, which is far from that truth. The actual reason is that he is just inconsistent regarding script choices and acting skill both, otherwise he could definitely make it big.

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Yes but when Abhishek started he wasn't a great or even a good actor and he got soooo many chances to improve and he got to pick from the cream of the crop. He's worked with every director and all his dad had to do was call a few people despite his flops. Not a single normal person ever gets that. 

The thing I love about Abhi is that he knows this and still continues to work hard and he hasn't given a bad performance since Yuva to be honest. All of his comedic rols are top notch, he's has a great voice and diction, he emotes well and he is easy to work with. Not once has anyone complained about his attitude on sets. So yeah despite all that I said above, I can evaluate on his own merit b/c despite his failures/flops, he has continued to strive and thrive. He is such a gem