Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Well it's true and frustrating, one of my extended family members died in Ahmedabad likely from dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting cos the private hospitals were closed. The police also refused to let them pass by to find alternative hospitals. 

All they did was a post-mortem that they didn't have covid.

Indeed there's no value of life in India unless you're from the upper echelons of society. 

What boils my blood is there's no restrictions for people to gather after someone dies yet the so called police, doctors impose "rules" and refuse to help, before. What a sad waste of life.

kyapa thumbnail

Here in US no one can go inside the hospital, corona or no corona.😆 

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: natkhat_angel

There was no privilege here. The only time you can’t be at the funeral is when the person actually succumbs to Corona while at the hospital. Here, Rishi Kapoor died of cancer related complications. In fact, same for Irfan. In case of death due to any other reason, 20 people are allowed to attend the rites. 

The fact that according to rules they couldn’t wait and his own daughter was denied the right to hop on a chartered flight and missed seeing him in his last moments also shows the same.

If he had died of Corona, things would have been different or your topic would have been valid.

is that a joke? You and the everyone that liked your comment haven't actually been paying attention. The rules are different even if they had not died of Coronavirus. Jesus. What people do to defend the rich. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
All over d world rich n privileged has edge . All equal in d eyes of cov n doing justice to all but not in d eyes of ppl lol .
natkhat_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranikaadi

is that a joke? You and the everyone that liked your comment haven't actually been paying attention. The rules are different even if they had not died of Coronavirus. Jesus. What people do to defend the rich. 

What will I gain from defending him? It's not like I'll benefit. I'm not saying that normal people aren't suffering. I'm not blind. My relatives attended a funeral last week so it's not unheard of that people can't attend the last rites.

The case about the normal people missing out on treatment is horrific. But it has less to do with law and more to do with what was inherently always present in the system. I'm not going to sit here and defend a bunch of morons parading around in white coats, but you cannot generalise an entire country.

I live in a place where there has been a strict lockdown since the beginning of this pandemic as there were quite a few positive cases. But the law and order has been good enough that I am able to go for my doctor's appointments, there is no scarcity of food and people, including my friends and family, have been able to move about in cases of emergencies. And I don't live in a posh locality to begin with. 

Rich people have always gotten preference, that's the world's truth, but where I live, similar protocols have been seen for everyone. 

He might have gotten special privileges, but where I live, if I were to die tomorrow, 70-80% would apply to me too.

You expressed an opinion, and I differed based on what I had seen. I can understand your frustration with the authorities but in the time of a social and medical disaster, a lot of things will happen which we won't like.

He was a public figure, so there was publicity around his death. Was that not to be expected? It might seem like a privilege, but then his family has had to through days of listening to people talk about ripped jeans, black kurtas and how everything went wrong, so it seems like a two-edged sword to me.

I'd end with saying that I'm not DEFENDING anyone. I just like to not nitpick when someone, ANYONE, dies. 

Edited by natkhat_angel - 3 years ago
natkhat_angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrignaini

Well it's true and frustrating, one of my extended family members died in Ahmedabad likely from dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting cos the private hospitals were closed. The police also refused to let them pass by to find alternative hospitals. 

All they did was a post-mortem that they didn't have covid.

Indeed there's no value of life in India unless you're from the upper echelons of society. 

What boils my blood is there's no restrictions for people to gather after someone dies yet the so called police, doctors impose "rules" and refuse to help, before. What a sad waste of life.

That is just sad. I'm sorry for your loss. The problem has always been with how law is perceived in this country. I cannot go out at night for the fear of being raped, but famous people can, for there is a fear of consequence. Same with hospitals in the current situation. 

I'm in Delhi and the medical facilities have been quite normal, at least till now. My obs appointments are on time, my mother visited a dentist the other day, and my uncle got an MRI done after he started to gain a facial twitch. So, I just hope they are able to continue it here till the end.

natkhat_angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Sadly there is privilege in both the cases if you read newspaper of mumbai daily. Normal people are being turned away from dialysis and other cancer related issues like chemo therapy. People are finding it hard to get admitted to hospital, half of the hospitals have collapsed. Not everyone can afford to get admitted to a big hospital like kokilaben and reliance in emergency. No family would be allowed to have so many members in the hospital premises like the Kapoors were because of very strict measures here in Mumbai. The situation here is TERRIBLE! People are dying from pregnancy, no dialysis because hospitals are asking for corona test and they are failing to procure results within time. So even in such a sad time of mourning, unfortunately the privileged are still having an upper hand over normal citizens. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. From what I heard, only Ranbir and Neetu were at the hospital. Not sure if that's right.

I don't live in Mumbai so I won't be able to comment on it. I'm just looking at the bigger picture here, where a lot of hospitals are also doing the most they can. At Jaipuria in RJ or GTB, Hindu Rao, Safdarjung in Delhi, etc, where I have friends working, they are trying to see as many non Covid cases as possible. In Bihar. my friend's father had a notice delivered that if he or any other doctor stopped seeing patients, their license would be revoked. People are trying, but not everyone is very concerned with humanity.