Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Are you asking about the original Bhima, or the one in this serial?  Praveen Kumar was the worst depiction of Bhima that I've ever seen - dumb, humorless, a bully....   The real Bhima was a fun guy, w/ a real sense of humor

Anyway, I consider Bhima a champion among the Pandavas.  Yudhisthir was someone who in Christianity would be the turn-the-other-cheek, love-your-enemy type of person in the way he practiced dharma.  Bhima did it by supporting his allies to the fullest, even if they happened to be enemies of the Kuru elders like Bheeshma and Drona.  Like Dhrishtadyumna, Satyaki, Dhrishtaketu and so on.  When Ashwatthama released the Narayanastra, while the rest of the Pandava army surrendered to it to blunt its effects, Bhima alone took on it so that the astra was focused only on him. 

Also, he alone took on and killed all the 100 sons of Gandhari, since presumably YANS would have been too nervous about facing her after killing them.  That way, all of Dhritarashtra's and Gandhari's anger was directed at him, rather than any of his brothers.

After the war, while the rest of the Pandavas were busy trying to assuage the grief of Dhritarashtra and Gandhari, he was the only one w/ the moral sense to question that decision when it was they who were the cause of not just the war, but the Pandavas losing all their sons.  Remember, he made his comments about Dhritarashtra in the context of all the Pandava queens - Draupadi, Subhadra, Uloopi and others serving Gandhari even though they too had lost all their sons in the war (only exception being Chitrangada).

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Are you asking about the original Bhima, or the one in this serial?  Praveen Kumar was the worst depiction of Bhima that I've ever seen - dumb, humorless, a bully....   The real Bhima was a fun guy, w/ a real sense of humor

Anyway, I consider Bhima a champion among the Pandavas.  Yudhisthir was someone who in Christianity would be the turn-the-other-cheek, love-your-enemy type of person in the way he practiced dharma.  Bhima did it by supporting his allies to the fullest, even if they happened to be enemies of the Kuru elders like Bheeshma and Drona.  Like Dhrishtadyumna, Satyaki, Dhrishtaketu and so on.  When Ashwatthama released the Narayanastra, while the rest of the Pandava army surrendered to it to blunt its effects, Bhima alone took on it so that the astra was focused only on him. 

Also, he alone took on and killed all the 100 sons of Gandhari, since presumably YANS would have been too nervous about facing her after killing them.  That way, all of Dhritarashtra's and Gandhari's anger was directed at him, rather than any of his brothers.

After the war, while the rest of the Pandavas were busy trying to assuage the grief of Dhritarashtra and Gandhari, he was the only one w/ the moral sense to question that decision when it was they who were the cause of not just the war, but the Pandavas losing all their sons.  Remember, he made his comments about Dhritarashtra in the context of all the Pandava queens - Draupadi, Subhadra, Uloopi and others serving Gandhari even though they too had lost all their sons in the war (only exception being Chitrangada).

That s my favourite quality of bhim. The amount of immense love for his family. At the same time he was a practical man. Bhim exactly knew what a war means to kill or get killed and he gave his all to win the war. I feel Bhim is one of the most underrated characters of Mahabharata o would love a show that for once can bring all his shades out. 

Plus there is also a scene where he helps in diffusing tension between drishtdyum and arjuna that is another quality. 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

That s my favourite quality of bhim. The amount of immense love for his family. At the same time he was a practical man. Bhim exactly knew what a war means to kill or get killed and he gave his all to win the war. I feel Bhim is one of the most underrated characters of Mahabharata o would love a show that for once can bring all his shades out. 

Plus there is also a scene where he helps in diffusing tension between drishtdyum and arjuna that is another quality. 

Where was that scene?  He did diffuse a fight b/w Dhrishtadyumna and Satyaki after Drona's death, when they were about to come to blows: he and Nakul separated the 2.

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Where was that scene?  He did diffuse a fight b/w Dhrishtadyumna and Satyaki after Drona's death, when they were about to come to blows: he and Nakul separated the 2.

The confrontation was between arjun satyaki vs drishtdyum and only bheem intervened did not read about nakul in that scenario 

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

One person who loved Panchali with all his heart. I give that to him. 

Also, he was the unsung warrior of Kurukshetra. He alone killed ALL Kauravas, defeated Karn in ARCHERY. So, I would put him above Arjun, Bhishma, Drona etc in terms of warfare abilities. 

Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

One person who loved Panchali with all his heart. I give that to him. 

Also, he was the unsung warrior of Kurukshetra. He alone killed ALL Kauravas, defeated Karn in ARCHERY. So, I would put him above Arjun, Bhishma, Drona etc in terms of warfare abilities. 

Speaking of which, in Shrimad Bhagvatam, the main source on Krishna, at the swayamvar of Krishna's 8th wife Lakshmanaa, the archery competition was similar to Draupadi's, except that one couldn't see the fish directly at all; one had to look in the water for the reflection.  Here, Karna was not prevented from participating due to caste or any other reason, and both he and Bhima got to the same point of being able to string the bow, but not get anywhere near the fish.  Arjun grazed it, while Krishna knocked it to the ground.

There is also the factoid that during the Rajasuya campaign, Bhima defeated Karna in his military campaign.  Note that neither of them were under any vows to kill or not kill each other.

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Speaking of which, in Shrimad Bhagvatam, the main source on Krishna, at the swayamvar of Krishna's 8th wife Lakshmanaa, the archery competition was similar to Draupadi's, except that one couldn't see the fish directly at all; one had to look in the water for the reflection.  Here, Karna was not prevented from participating due to caste or any other reason, and both he and Bhima got to the same point of being able to string the bow, but not get anywhere near the fish.  Arjun grazed it, while Krishna knocked it to the ground.

There is also the factoid that during the Rajasuya campaign, Bhima defeated Karna in his military campaign.  Note that neither of them were under any vows to kill or not kill each other.

Also K had his KK intact๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

That doesn't mean much I guess even if Bheem defeated Karna in Rajsuya doesn't mean he couldn't have improved later

Aside did he lose AngPradesh to Pandavas? So shouldn't he not be called AngaNaresh any further

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Interesting. Btw, in Drau's competition also weren't they supposed to look into the reflection and hit the fish's eye or am I mistaken ๐Ÿ˜Š