Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rashi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Though beyhadh is quite popular among online viewers but the ratings have also always  been below 1..though Sony doesn't care much about ratings but beyhadh has quite high budget with popular actors working in it so I think they thought that Atleast the show wud rake 1+trp

When, They cudnt rake that much, they started moving the story quickly like killing Rishis character within a month of the show, making Rudry marry maya within 2 months,then mayas memory loss n introducing vikram. The previous season didn't run this quick n fast when it came to screenplay 

I feel bad for shivin.. Poor guy his previous show n this show majorly disappointment him. He even let go bb n took up this project, I read his iv that he was offered kzk as well but he cudnt sign it bcoz his father was unwell. I hope post this, he wud sign a nice project maybe he can a web show as well bcoz i think he prefers good content n good story rather than working with popular phs

xNandix thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Though beyhadh is quite popular among online viewers but the ratings have also always  been below 1..though Sony doesn't care much about ratings but beyhadh has quite high budget with popular actors working in it so I think they thought that Atleast the show wud rake 1+trp

When, They cudnt rake that much, they started moving the story quickly like killing Rishis character within a month of the show, making Rudry marry maya within 2 months,then mayas memory loss n introducing vikram. The previous season didn't run this quick n fast when it came to screenplay 

I feel bad for shivin.. Poor guy his previous show n this show majorly disappointment him. He even let go bb n took up this project, I read his iv that he was offered kzk as well but he cudnt sign it bcoz his father was unwell. I hope post this, he wud sign a nice project maybe he can a web show as well bcoz i think he prefers good content n good story rather than working with popular phs

Actually thriller shows are supposed to be fast paced. If they are slow, people lose interest. BH1 was initially quite fast in pace but after Maya and Arjun got married, they started dragging the story and it became more slow when the show got an extension. 

If there is one thing I like about BH2 is that they didn’t drag the events in the plot too much. For example in episode 47, Maya and Rudra got married.  In other shows the leads are still busy hating each other 🤪 

Edited by xNandix - 4 years ago
Rashi23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xNandix

Actually thriller shows are supposed to be fast paced. If they are slow, people lose interest. BH1 was initially quite fast in pace but after Maya and Arjun got married, they started dragging the story and it became more slow when the show got an extension. 

If there is one thing I like about BH2 is that they didn’t drag the events in the plot too much. For example in episode 47, Maya and Rudra got married.  In other shows the leads are still busy hating each other 🤪 

Ikr

Beyhadh 1 lost its grip on the plot post marriage n They kept extending it bcoz of which the story became kinda boring n I even stopped watching it.. Coming to beyhadh 2, yes thriller shows shud be quick paced but I think that everything happened very quickly n there was not much tym to grasp what exactly was happening. Ik the show is a finite series but if they had slowed down the events a little then it wud have been better 

Also about trp, I think it raked about 0.4/0.5 when it was at 9.30 slot n it just went a point down at the 10.30 slot which means only few ppl stopped watching it while others were quite interested to see what wud happen next 

Rara22 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rashi23

Ikr

Beyhadh 1 lost its grip on the plot post marriage n They kept extending it bcoz of which the story became kinda boring n I even stopped watching it.. Coming to beyhadh 2, yes thriller shows shud be quick paced but I think that everything happened very quickly n there was not much tym to grasp what exactly was happening. Ik the show is a finite series but if they had slowed down the events a little then it wud have been better 

Also about trp, I think it raked about 0.4/0.5 when it was at 9.30 slot n it just went a point down at the 10.30 slot which means only few ppl stopped watching it while others were quite interested to see what wud happen next 

Anyway, it's no use crying over spilt milk. Looks like the decision is irrevocable unless some other PH wants to buy the rights of the show or maybe websites like Voot want to create Beyhadh 3. I think actors would accept it better than we think. Remeber both Shivin and JW shows have ended abruptly previously so I guess the 2nd time round, the hurt would not be much. My heart only goes out for those behind the sets people who are daily wage earners. Lesson learnt is not to invest too much on ITV drama and watch more crisp web series like Asur the next time. 

Rashi23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rara22

Anyway, it's no use crying over spilt milk. Looks like the decision is irrevocable unless some other PH wants to buy the rights of the show or maybe websites like Voot want to create Beyhadh 3. I think actors would accept it better than we think. Remeber both Shivin and JW shows have ended abruptly previously so I guess the 2nd time round, the hurt would not be much. My heart only goes out for those behind the sets people who are daily wage earners. Lesson learnt is not to invest too much on ITV drama and watch more crisp web series like Asur the next time. 

There was this rumour that Sony wants to shift beyhadh to sonyliv n wants to stream the episodes there but I guess Jennifer was not comfortable with it n therfore they shifted it to 10.30 slot(the same thing happened with bepannah also, even at that tym Jenny n Harshad didn't agree n the show was ended abruptly. Yes Even shivin s last show ended abruptly, I really feel sorry for him, Jenny n the entire cast n crew

Exactly now what can we do, when the general TV audience didn't accept the show the way they accepted the season one also we can't deny the fact that budget of the show is quite high n the producer wudnt want to incur losses

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rara22

I thought Vikram character is going to be over. And now he says there is so much more to explore. Hey bhagwannnn! I can't stand him and I am sure Rudra and MJ will be sidelined again. I feel the story has lost it's plot and maybe going off air is the best choice plus the TRP's are so low. From a business POV, you can't really blame Sony but I still wished the story would get a decent closure.

Vikram was going to be used for revenge by Maya. He was far from over. They were going to keep him around to probably take down a few of the ancillary characters, like Aamir and Jogi, before getting rid of him.

Minionite thumbnail

The time slot change and Vikram’s entry had lowered the trps to 0.3 🤪 we can’t really blame the channel for wanting to axe the show. People think Sony doesn’t care about ratings but they do, it’s just that unlike the other three channels, their TRP expectations aren’t as high. The only time they listened to fans demand was during KRPKAB. I feel as well the story has lost the plot but it still deserved a few more episodes for a closure. 

Sony actually cares more about TRP than the other channels. SP, Colors, and Zee might still keep a show on air for a few extra weeks to at least shows finish properly, but Sony will axe shows right away.

They ended YUDKBH suddenly because TRPs fell a little bit. Now they've left fans hanging about a second season. And yet they're showing YUDKBH again during lockdown.

@ Bold: Exactly. Just another week. Let the producers at least end the story respectfully. Give the fans some closure. The ending obviously won't be what we were looking for, but at least it'll be something.

xNandix thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Sony actually cares more about TRP than the other channels. SP, Colors, and Zee might still keep a show on air for a few extra weeks to at least shows finish properly, but Sony will axe shows right away.

They ended YUDKBH suddenly because TRPs fell a little bit. Now they've left fans hanging about a second season. And yet they're showing YUDKBH again during lockdown.

@ Bold: Exactly. Just another week. Let the producers at least end the story respectfully. Give the fans some closure. The ending obviously won't be what we were looking for, but at least it'll be something.

I never understood why YUDKBH fans complained about their show ending. They should have considered themselves lucky that Sony let it run for almost 2 years unlike the other shows the channel ended abruptly. Yes just an extra 5 episodes would be fine to give some closure for the Beyhadh fans. 

Minionite thumbnail

I never understood why YUDKBH fans complained about their show ending. They should have considered themselves lucky that Sony let it run for almost 2 years unlike the other shows the channel ended abruptly. Yes just an extra 5 episodes would be fine to give some closure for the Beyhadh fans. 

But that's just it naa. Sony let the show run for 2 good years. No Sony daily show has run that long if I think about it. Weekend shows for sure, but not dailies.

And then the bigger issue was the way they just ended it abruptly. I haven't watched the show, but I used to moderate that forum and their biggest problem was that Sony just took the show off air almost within 2 weeks. There was no time for stories to wrap up properly.

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Could be. Sony has made an unprecedented move, but it also feels like one of those khud ke parr par khulhadi marna type of situations.

It does not appear any shootings will be resumed before Sept Oct ... dunno how many shows and actors can afford to wait that long