Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nikita_99503 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

So, I came across the article and got a little confused. πŸ˜³ 

Okay, even I am a little confused after reading this article... 

I understand every point of hers and am really glad that after so much of struggle she got a show that brought her into limelight. πŸ˜Š

I agree... Even I understand her point. She got a show which brought her into the limelight after so much of struggle. So, it's natural that she'll be upset/disappointed about it.

Obviously dancing like a lunatic since she mentioned each of the original main cast and actually took Niyati and Harsh's name as well as Ritu's when asked about what/whom did she miss the most. πŸ˜³ πŸ˜³ πŸ˜³   

Well, I was not dancing but yes, I was grinning ear to ear when I read that part where she took Niyati, Harsh and Ritu's names when she was asked whom she will miss the most.

But I fail to see the reason behind why are they so shocked that N2 got axed? πŸ€”

Well, even I am unable to see the reason why they are so shocked that N2 got axed. I mean among all the shows excluding Daadi Amma and Dil Jaise... which got axed, N2 was also below several shows in terms of trp. Plus it has a lot of VFX which increases the cost of production. So, it was pretty much obvious that it would be axed.

(And if still they're confused and shocked then let me tell them that it was my deal with God that if this show ends, I'll write a disclaimer-less OS... πŸ˜‰ πŸ€£)

To be completely honest Nazar was a massive success until the Rakht Chandra Purnima Track. The 2-2+ TRP gradually kept lowering with Adi and MayAra. For the remaining period, even the better tracks brought 1.5-1.6 on an average and they destroyed that too with the leap. 

This is something that I have been saying for long... Nazar was a massive success with trp of 2-2+ till the Raktchandra Grahan track. The Navratri track got a massive trp of 2.3 or something and the Piansh marriage and RCG around 2+ that too when people were disliking the Sarpika twist...

The trp decreased to 1.7-1.6 with Pia's pregnancy and then further to 1.2-1.3 with that A-T track. Still, after the end of A-T track till the leap, the show managed a steady trp of around 1.7-1.8 which they further destroyed with the 6 year leap.

Even the better tracks couldn't fetch more than 1.4 after the leap. So we had been anticipating for a long time that the show might get axed and thankfully it ended before further damage. πŸ˜ƒ

Yup... Even better track couldn't fetch more than 1.4 post leap. But still, even in the worst phase, Nazar fetched better trp's than N2 which itself is a noteworthy fact. 

We had been anticipating a further dip in the trp's and that the show might get axed. But I am glad that Nazar at least completed its story before ending and wasn't axed.

In fact, I am surprised that the actors are saying that the show was doing good in terms of trp's... 

But N2 was on auto-pilot mode since the beginning. No original plot; even their title song was copy of Gul's other shows ( IPKKND 3 and Nazar) and it was surviving on the core audience. Shezaan or Shruti hadn't brought any hike.

Definitely... N2 was on autopilot mode since the beginning. 

Original plot?? Ainn?? Was there even a plot or a basic storyline??

I can't say much about the title track but yes, at some places i found it a copy of Nazar title track Saajna... And I am actually happy that they did not use the exact same song here in N2.

Coming to the show... It was only surviving on the Mona/Daayan fans and Shruti and Sheezan fans and some fans who were watching just for the sake of it. Cos most of the fans who loved Piansh and the 3Ds had quit the show.

And honestly, I have a doubt if they hadn't started this as a continuation and showed the Bakwas they were going with, it would never even bring 1. So it's only natural that it got axed. I understand her sentiment and feel sympathetic towards her but it does look a bit silly to expect N2 to survive the recession considering everything. πŸ€”

You have a doubt?? I am sure that if they would have started it after a gap, it wouldn't have fetched even these numbers which it was fetching.

Yes, I do understand her sentiments and feel sympathetic towards her but yes, it definitely looks silly to expect N2 to survive this recession considering all aspects.

Edited by Nikki_srk - 3 years ago
Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

To be completely honest, the show has been plugged out under unusual circumstances. There are a lot of things which are at play and things might have turned out differently in normal situation. But in a grave situation like this, if you consider everything and have to cut production loss, then N2 would be any producer's choice.

It's never possible to maintain constant high TRP for any show unless it's finite and has a definite story to tell. I am not only pointing towards Indian Drama. You google or check Wiki, even the most popular American shows start losing viewership many times if you consider their initial and final TRP. 

Certain tracks are introduced and some bring TRP and some causes dip in viewership. 

For us audiences, it's only a show and we want them to get ended when the quality starts deteriorating. But there goes a lot behind the screen. A lot of people earn their daily wages and generally a PH doesn't pull the plug if they have enough money and a particular show brings them enough money to keep the show afloat. Plus, there is interference from channel too.

As far as I know, Ekta wanted to end YHM a long time ago. In fact, in the last phase even DT and KP started focusing more on their WEB projects and reality shows but the channel was hell bent on Kheechofying it considering the core audience which brought them 1.4-1.6 despite no promotion whereas highly promoted shows like KHKT or KZK wasn't fairing well.

I don't know what could have happened in the future. Have seen some trolls regarding KZK that Anurag can get a girl pregnant without touching her. πŸ˜³ Now where did this idea had its inception I don't know but just like that, a certain amount of audience start finding CHEMISTRY and TALENT in the most horrendous shows and its couples, considering there's a lot of romance and everything. So may be in near or distant future TRP could have risen a bit.

But at this point it was all about the core audience. 

Have you forgotten the amount of promotion Gul did when Nazar first came on air? Not just Daayan, Daivik and Daavansh had their separate promos. A huge portion was focusing on good v/s evil. Let people have their arguments that who was carrying the show but 3Ds were central.

Here out of nowhere a Wolvayan promo popped up with a mentally challenged SDV and Daivik had no sign. The script was horrible so was the overall acting and direction. At a tough time like this, no sane person would waste money on it.

VFX is only getting the blame. Truth to be told, when Jinn started airing, Gul shifted her attention, Atif started directing that and we didn't get any significant VFX packed episode. Bhasmika was the last track where proper VFX was used. Can't forget Saanpo Ki Toli or Rhinoceros Singha ever. πŸ€’ πŸ€’ πŸ€’

And the Chipkali Ka Chota Bhai was the most prominent example of the type of VFX they were going to use here.

It was a pure business call considering the scarcity of money. And honestly, even if Nazar hadn't ended, Gul would have plugged this show only because Jinn brings her more profit. 

So yes, Nazar is a safe bait in normal situation but if you consider it in recent scenario, it's a bit odd that a central character would not consider these facts. πŸ€”

Edited by nushy1995 - 3 years ago
Nikita_99503 thumbnail

To be completely honest, the show has been plugged out under unusual circumstances. There are a lot of things which are at play and things might have turned out differently in normal situation. But in a grave situation like this, if you consider everything and have to cut production loss, then N2 would be any producer's choice.

I agree... The show has been plugged out under unusual circumstances. Yes, there are a lot of things which are at play and it definitely would have been different in the normal scenario. Gul wouldn't have axed N2 if the situation would have been normal like a few months ago.

Right now, when the situation is so serious and if we consider everything, especially the production cost and the losses which they might suffer, N2 would be the first choice. Cos it has a major part of VFX.

It's never possible to maintain constant high TRP for any show unless it's finite and has a definite story to tell. I am not only pointing towards Indian Drama. You google or check Wiki, even the most popular American shows start losing viewership many times if you consider their initial and final TRP. 

Definitely... It is not possible to maintain a constant trp for any show unless it is either finite or has a crisp and a definite story with minimum loopholes.

The tracks are also changed according to the trp's only. 

I'll give an example of CID yet again... Just because some fans on social media promoted romantic angle between two characters, the PH introduced a romantic side-track in a hope that people would like it but it caused a major dip in the trp's and they were forced to change the track immediately which again brought back the numbers...of cours, the numbers were not as great as before but they at least got back majority of the audience who had quit because of that stupid side track...

For us audiences, it's only a show and we want them to get ended when the quality starts deteriorating. But there goes a lot behind the screen. A lot of people earn their daily wages and generally a PH doesn't pull the plug if they have enough money and a particular show brings them enough money to keep the show afloat. Plus, there is interference from channel too.

Of course... For us audience, it is only a show which is our means of enjoyment and we want it to end once the quality starts deteriorating. But a lot goes behind the camera. A lot of people earn their daily wages and a PH never pulls the plug if they have enough money and a show brings them enough money to keep it afloat.

Channel interference is one of the major facts which has to be kept mind. Many times, the channel interferes and the PH has to make the changes according to the channel's wishes.

As far as I know, Ekta wanted to end YHM a long time ago. In fact, in the last phase even DT and KP started focusing more on their WEB projects and reality shows but the channel was hell bent on Kheechofying it considering the core audience which brought them 1.4-1.6 despite no promotion whereas highly promoted shows like KHKT or KZK wasn't fairing well.

I did read somewhere that Ekta wanted to end YHM a long time ago but the channel was hell bent on kheenchofying the show considering the core audience as it brought them a trp of 1.4-1.6

I don't know what could have happened in the future. Have seen some trolls regarding KZK that Anurag can get a girl pregnant without touching her. πŸ˜³ Now where did this idea had its inception I don't know but just like that, a certain amount of audience start finding CHEMISTRY and TALENT in the most horrendous shows and its couples, considering there's a lot of romance and everything. So may be in near or distant future TRP could have risen a bit.

Ummm... Well, I can't say anything about KZK. But yes, frankly speaking, the other day Madhura showed me one clip of that show and I was wondering if the actress can actually act and emote or not... She was practically looking like a zombie herself in that scene... Now, I admit that I don't know whether that scene was supposed to be like that only or not but I was not impressed.

Have you forgotten the amount of promotion Gul did when Nazar first came on air? Not just Daayan, Daivik and Daavansh had their separate promos. A huge portion was focusing on good v/s evil. Let people have their arguments that who was carrying the show but 3Ds were central.

How can I forget the amount of promotion that Gul did when Nazar first went on air... Daayan, Daivik and Davansh all had separate introductory promos, scenes and everything else. There was equal focus on all three plus the side characters too.

Lots of people give their arguments that the show is only about a Daayan and she is the central character... But, what would the Daayan do if there were no Pia and Ansh? Or would there have been any story of Pia, Ansh and the Rathods and Sharmas if there had been no Daayan in their lives? No. The story is incomplete without anyone of them... The 3Ds are the centre of Nazar.

Here out of nowhere a Wolvayan promo popped up with a mentally challenged SDV and Daivik had no sign. The script was horrible so was the overall acting and direction. At a tough time like this, no sane person would waste money on it.

I don't even want to remember the Wolvayan promo. I had been watching The Wolverine the previous day and the promo had left me totally annoyed and disgusted.

Not to mention the mentally challenged SDV and Dukho ki Maari PP... 

Grrrr... Forget it!!! It's all done and dusted...

VFX is only getting the blame. Truth to be told, when Jinn started airing, Gul shifted her attention, Atif started directing that and we didn't get any significant VFX packed episode. Bhasmika was the last track where proper VFX was used. Can't forget Saanpo Ki Toli or Rhinoceros Singha ever. πŸ€’ πŸ€’ πŸ€’

Definitely... Gul shifted her attention when Jinn started airing. I just want to wash the visuals of those saanpo ki toli and that rhinoceros Singha with PK.

Chipkali ka Bhai was another bakwas by them...

It was a pure business call considering the scarcity of money. And honestly, even if Nazar hadn't ended, Gul would have plugged this show only because Jinn brings her more profit. 

Agree completely... It was a pure business call.

So yes, Nazar is a safe bait in normal situation but if you consider it in recent scenario, it's a bit odd that a central character would not consider these facts. πŸ€”

Agree completely with you...

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Of course... For us audience, it is only a show which is our means of enjoyment and we want it to end once the quality starts deteriorating. But a lot goes behind the camera. A lot of people earn their daily wages and a PH never pulls the plug if they have enough money and a show brings them enough money to keep it afloat.

Channel interference is one of the major facts which has to be kept mind. Many times, the channel interferes and the PH has to make the changes according to the channel's wishes.

Exactly!!! 

Ummm... Well, I can't say anything about KZK. But yes, frankly speaking, the other day Madhura showed me one clip of that show and I was wondering if the actress can actually act and emote or not... She was practically looking like a zombie herself in that scene... Now, I admit that I don't know whether that scene was supposed to be like that only or not but I was not impressed.

Well, my intention wasn't to insult that show or the cast but to point out the limit of unbelievable attitude of certain audience. Erica was good in KRPKAB but personally I find her to be a misfit for Prerna's role.  

About the other points, totally agree with you! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Lots of people give their arguments that the show is only about a Daayan and she is the central character... But, what would the Daayan do if there were no Pia and Ansh? Or would there have been any story of Pia, Ansh and the Rathods and Sharmas if there had been no Daayan in their lives? No. The story is incomplete without anyone of them... The 3Ds are the centre of Nazar.

Since this has been the biggest debate among the fans, thought to reply on this topic separately. 

There's no denying that Daayan is the central character of the show and is the prota-antagonist. You, me and a lot of other people felt intrigued by her character and decided to keep a tab on the show or to watch it. But even with all her might, Daayan alone could never keep the story afloat.

Let's not confine it to Piya and Ansh only. Even if we think about the second season and overlook all the bloopers, what the hell would Madhulika do if there was no Apurv to sacrifice???

No matter how talented an actor or actress is, it's never possible for one actor or one character to make a show work. 

They needed to raise the eyeball of the audience and the Daayan promo did its work amazingly. But let's suppose there was no Ansh or no Piya and she was the all powerful entity who would be snacking on every human being crossing her path, who would watch a show every night to see that repetitive act?

Let's even look at it from Mohana's POV and assume the DDs, Rathods and Sharmas/Reevavanshis as key antagonists. Without them, Mohana would have no one or nothing to plot against and it would lose its charm in no time.

The three characters balanced the entire thing and made it watchable. 

And let's be honest, without Dayaan, PiyAnsh could survive TRP race but without PiyAnsh, Mohana could never survive. The Adi the Great Track had Adi and Mohana in all their glory and PiyAnsh were totally sidelined. That was the first time when the show witnessed its first fall and during MayAra when all three were in background, the show fell to a low from which it could never recover completely.

At the end of the day, an uncomplicated love story has a better chance at surviving the TRP race than a mad antagonist who just needs to eat everyone up to stay alive.

I am not undermining Mohana character or Monalisa's performance. She was the center of the show and there's no denying in it. But the entire show needed PiyAnsh equally. You cannot think of Nazar excluding either of Daayan, Daivik or Daavansh. All three of them were interlinked. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 3 years ago
Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Exactly!!! 

πŸ€—

Well, my intention wasn't to insult that show or the cast but to point out the limit of unbelievable attitude of certain audience. Erica was good in KRPKAB but personally I find her to be a misfit for Prerna's role.  

Even I liked her in those few episodes of KRPKAB that I saw. And even I found her misfit for Prerna's role.

About the other points, totally agree with you! πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

πŸ€— πŸ€—

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

You spoke all those things that I have been saying since a long time...

There's no denying that Daayan is the central character of the show and is the prota-antagonist. You, me and a lot of other people felt intrigued by her character and decided to keep a tab on the show or to watch it. But even with all her might, Daayan alone could never keep the story afloat.

This is what I have been saying since a long time...

The Daayan is the central character of the show. The story revolves around her and her evil eye on the Rathod family. Even I was intrigued by the initial promos showing her character. But even with all this, the Daayan alone would never have kept the story afloat.

Let's not confine it to Piya and Ansh only. Even if we think about the second season and overlook all the bloopers, what the hell would Madhulika do if there was no Apurv to sacrifice???

Exactly!!! Keeping aside the story and bloopers, neither Mo could do anything if there was no Ansh to sacrifice nor could Madhu do anything if there was no Apurv to sacrifice.

I said it some time back too... Neither the Daayan alone can hold the show nor the DD. There is no Nazar without any of them.

No matter how talented an actor or actress is, it's never possible for one actor or one character to make a show work. 

My sentiments exactly!!! A single actor, no matter how talented he/she may be can not hold an entire show on his/her shoulders and make it work. It has to be a combined effort by all the actors.

They needed to raise the eyeball of the audience and the Daayan promo did its work amazingly. But let's suppose there was no Ansh or no Piya and she was the all powerful entity who would be snacking on every human being crossing her path, who would watch a show every night to see that repetitive act?

You spoke my mind... They needed to catch the eyeballs of the audience and the Daayan promo did its job perfectly.

The audience were intrigued... Now, some would have been curious to know about the Daayan, some would have been interested to see how the family would save themselves from her Nazar while some would have been interested in the story... Jo bhi ho, it caught the attention of the audience and that's what the makers wanted.

But then, if there were no Daivik and DV, no one would have sat down to watch the Daayan repeating her act of snacking on people daily... Aise hi, if the Daayan would not have been there, there would have been no story revolving around Piansh as there would have been no Nazar on Ansh and the family... There would just have been a plain love story and might be some family drama bas!!

Let's even look at it from Mohana's POV and assume the DDs, Rathods and Sharmas/Reevavanshis as key antagonists. Without them, Mohana would have no one or nothing to plot against and it would lose its charm in no time.

Exactly! If we look from Mo's POV, the DDs, Rathods and Sharmas/Reevavanshis were her enemies. Without them, she would have no one or nothing to plot against as her path would have been absolutely clear..

The three characters balanced the entire thing and made it watchable. 

Agree 100%...

And let's be honest, without Dayaan, PiyAnsh could survive TRP race but without PiyAnsh, Mohana could never survive. The Adi the Great Track had Adi and Mohana in all their glory and PiyAnsh were totally sidelined. That was the first time when the show witnessed its first fall and during MayAra when all three were in background, the show fell to a low from which it could never recover completely.

Without Mo, Piansh could have survived the trp race... Although, they did witness a slight dip when Mo was killed and they brought in those stupid Chalayans and then turned Ved into an Ekayan. Still, it was nothing when compared to all those tracks where Piansh were sidelined.

That Adi the Great track... I so hated that track for Adi's over glorification. They literally portrayed him as next to God who could revive dead people... I was so annoyed.

Not to mention the A-T track... It brought in manhoosiyat to the show in full glory. I guess it was the time when the trp reached the all time lowest level, right?

At the end of the day, an uncomplicated love story has a better chance at surviving the TRP race than a mad antagonist who just needs to eat everyone up to stay alive.

I agree... An uncomplicated love story has a better chance to survive the trp race rather than a mad antagonist who just needs to eat everyone to stay alive...

I am not undermining Mohana character or Monalisa's performance. She was the center of the show and there's no denying in it. But the entire show needed PiyAnsh equally. You cannot think of Nazar excluding either of Daayan, Daivik or Daavansh. All three of them were interlinked. 

Definitely... She was the central character. But the show required Piansh equally. Nazar is not Nazar without any of the three... And this is a fact.

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Without Mo, Piansh could have survived the trp race... Although, they did witness a slight dip when Mo was killed and they brought in those stupid Chalayans and then turned Ved into an Ekayan. Still, it was nothing when compared to all those tracks where Piansh were sidelined.

That Adi the Great track... I so hated that track for Adi's over glorification. They literally portrayed him as next to God who could revive dead people... I was so annoyed.

Not to mention the A-T track... It brought in manhoosiyat to the show in full glory. I guess it was the time when the trp reached the all time lowest level, right?

It was a given. She was the face of the show after all! But I brought it up to show the comparison. And Adi Track I said because at that time Mo became Sarpayan and did not leave a single stone unturned to kill him. Considering Mo alone carries the show on her shoulder according to some people, that track should have brought more TRP which it never did.

Ultimately whichever season it may be, 3Ds are the pillar.

I had told this to Madhura too. Initial promo is important and it's better to stick to that narrative. But if you go by the cover only, that doesn't make sense either because be it the original season or the rebooted version, it never had Komolika or Mr. Bajaj in it. But none can deny their importance in the story.

So if someone feels that the first promo came out featuring Daayan so they should have never included DD/PiyAnsh - it's their problem. 

Agree on the other points. 

Nikita_99503 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nushy1995

It was a given. She was the face of the show after all! But I brought it up to show the comparison. And Adi Track I said because at that time Mo became Sarpayan and did not leave a single stone unturned to kill him. Considering Mo alone carries the show on her shoulder according to some people, that track should have brought more TRP which it never did.

Ultimately whichever season it may be, 3Ds are the pillar.

I had told this to Madhura too. Initial promo is important and it's better to stick to that narrative. But if you go by the cover only, that doesn't make sense either because be it the original season or the rebooted version, it never had Komolika or Mr. Bajaj in it. But none can deny their importance in the story.

So if someone feels that the first promo came out featuring Daayan so they should have never included DD/PiyAnsh - it's their problem. 

Agree on the other points. 

Agree completely with you... πŸ€—

Nush_Rat thumbnail

Moving the thread ahead.

Although I must say, it's funny that I got to do the honors. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†