Story behind your fav song!

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Let's increase the forum activity.

People say there is a story behind your every fav song and that's the reason you find the song special.

Let's reveal it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

My all time fav song is Back To December by Tayor Swift.

I was in 8th when one of my friends let's call her 'abc' and I were very good. But suddenly under the bad influence of my best friend I stopped talking to her. I wouldn't properly engage myself in the chats where she was included. I used to feel guilty and when my friendship with my best friend finally came off I called abc and asked her for forgiveness and she forgave me easily. We are pretty good friends now, she knows my secrets and I trust her, she is a good friend, human and soul.

I know blaming it on my that time best friend is wrong after all it was in my hands whether to listen to her. That's the reason I relate to this song it's an apology. I still relate to it and I played this the most in 8th.

Begin again again by Taylor Swift.

I and my ex bestie whom I mentioned above were friends for about 5 years. I realised it that we weren't best friends but just friends when she would make fun of my emotions and even let my secrets out. She would judge everyone on their clothes, hairstyle, results, etc. I never cared for it until I realised that I was behaving like her. Consulting my parents and friends I broke our friendship only to feel light.

When I entered my present institute I made a new best friend and she would care for my emotions and we both have fun. Her gestures make me think about my last best friend. It feels like I am out of a cage where I wasn't valued.

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nice topic. I relate to your experience Lavy. I too have a friend that is very toxic and she was my best friend at one time. It is difficult to leave someone who you basically considered your sister. But, I value myself over any other relation. I realized that our friendship lacked respect and trust which are the foundation of any relationship. I still talk to her but when are not as close as we used to be. So, I really applaud you for being strong enough to get out of a toxic friendship.

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

My one of my favorite song is Navigator by Moonzz.

Whenever I listen to this song it brings me back to my 3rd year of college. My first semester was very difficult and I did really bad academically. My confidence was shattered and the future seemed bleak. I felt really lost, confused, and lonely. Then second semester, I became really good friends with two boys. One of the boys was actually a mutual friend of the friend I mentioned above (he's actually the coffee friend 😆)

Anyways, the three of us spent a lot of time together studying and having fun. I genuinely felt really happy after a long time. They encouraged me to work my best and always motivated me. But, when they saw I was stressed, we would take a break and they would try to lighten my mood. It felt nice to be with people who were so supportive and caring. We used to listen to this song a lot when we studied or went on drives. So basically the song reminds me of when I felt mentally relaxed because of my two very amazing friends and the hope they gave me. Even though all three of us will be going to different medical schools, I see our friendship lasting a lifetime.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: alina.b

Nice topic. I relate to your experience Lavy. I too have a friend that is very toxic and she was my best friend at one time. It is difficult to leave someone who you basically considered your sister. But, I value myself over any other relation. I realized that our friendship lacked respect and trust which are the foundation of any relationship. I still talk to her but when are not as close as we used to be. So, I really applaud you for being strong enough to get out of a toxic friendship.

Thank you Alina!

Letting go off someone with whom you have shared a huge amount of time is very  difficult. Trust and respect are the main basis why you tag along with someone but when you realise that it is broken or doesn't exist from the opposite side I believe either mend it if possible or move out of it.

I too talk my friend but it's very simple like How are you? Good. Ok, bye.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: alina.b

My one of my favorite song is Navigator by Moonzz.

Whenever I listen to this song it brings me back to my 3rd year of college. My first semester was very difficult and I did really bad academically. My confidence was shattered and the future seemed bleak. I felt really lost, confused, and lonely. Then second semester, I became really good friends with two boys. One of the boys was actually a mutual friend of the friend I mentioned above (he's actually the coffee friend 😆)

Anyways, the three of us spent a lot of time together studying and having fun. I genuinely felt really happy after a long time. They encouraged me to work my best and always motivated me. But, when they saw I was stressed, we would take a break and they would try to lighten my mood. It felt nice to be with people who were so supportive and caring. We used to listen to this song a lot when we studied or went on drives. So basically the song reminds me of when I felt mentally relaxed because of my two very amazing friends and the hope they gave me. Even though all three of us will be going to different medical schools, I see our friendship lasting a lifetime.

This are the real friends. They support us when needed.

Friendships like this are sure to last👍🏼

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

We are the heroes by satv

Not for me but for the medical professionals treating the coronavirus patients...they are real heros

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Nice topic Lavanya!

I would say 'I miss you' by Miley Cyrus. The song was composed in her grandfather's memory and whenever I listen to it, it reminds me of mine.

I grew up in a house with grandparents. And since my father was the only child and my parents used to be busy most of the times, my sister and I were practically raised by my grandparents. Two years back, both my grandfather and grandmother passed away within a month's time (they both loved each other too dearly to live without the other)

But yes the song reminds me of my wonderful, happy times with them. Their teachings, their love, whatever little good qualities I have imbibed in me is all cuz of them and I'll cherish those for a lifetime❤️

Edited by Bucky - 4 years ago
Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Lavy, I don't know if anyone has told this to you before but the level of maturity you exhibit at such tender age is truly commendable👏 Rather most of the young ones here are far too understanding and balanced for their ages. Wish I had some of it when I was at that stage a few years back😆

Edited by Bucky - 4 years ago
Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bucky

Nice topic Lavanya!

I would say 'I miss you' by Miley Cyrus. The song was composed in her grandfather's memory and whenever I listen to it, it reminds me of mine.

I grew up in a house with grandparents. And since my father was the only child and my parents used to be busy most of the times, my sister and I were practically raised by my grandparents. Two years back, both my grandfather and grandmother passed away within a month's time (they both loved each other too dearly to live without the other)

But yes the song reminds me of my wonderful, happy times with them. Their teachings, their love, whatever little good qualities I have imbibed in me is all cuz of them and I'll cherish those for a lifetime❤️

I am sure your grandparents will be proud of you. Having grandparents teachings is an awesome experience and I miss you is a pretty emotional as well as underrated song.