Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bucky thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

In Mumbai, we have a certain concept of a cutting chai. It literally translates to a half cup tea. Most times, it's served in specialized small glasses.

As a kid I didn't know that and thought it to be some flavour/type of tea (I know it's silly)๐Ÿ˜† Once on a field trip, I confidently said I wanted a cutting chai in front of my friends (I was 8-9 back then) They had to explain to me what it really was and had a hearty laugh!๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Bucky - 4 years ago
Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

At the moment, remembered one that happened in last Women's day. A programme was held in our Medical College in that morning. After that, we're back to our that times class at the same floor. But many students were not back from our section. At that time, an unknown girl asked why we're so less then I said they might be in canteen addressing her as Apu (Sister). After that my class mate pulled me from there & told she's a lecturer from another department. This was such an embarrassing moment. I'm in first year, so yet to recognise all the department's teachers. I thought she's our senior & was involved with the programme that's why no apron at that time. Then I said sorry to her going back immediately & she just nodded & smiled. 

Uff...I sometimes think why the teachers are so young, in school the teachers children used to be with us & now in college & varsity it's like they're with us๐Ÿคฃ It applies only for few lecturers though๐Ÿ˜†

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bucky

In Mumbai, we have a certain concept of a cutting chai. It literally translates to a half cup tea. Most times, it's served in specialized small glasses.

As a kid I didn't know that and thought it to be some flavour/type of tea (I know it's silly)๐Ÿ˜† Once on a field trip, I confidently said I wanted a cutting chai in front of my friends (I was 8-9 back then) They had to explain to me what it really was and had a hearty laugh!๐Ÿ˜†

Oh wow I learned something new today! I didn't know what cutting chai is either. I had heard 2 by 1 before to split chai. 

Originally posted by: MusicOfTheHeart

At the moment, remembered one that happened in last Women's day. A programme was held in our Medical College in that morning. After that, we're back to our that times class at the same floor. But many students were not back from our section. At that time, an unknown girl asked why we're so less then I said they might be in canteen addressing her as Apu (Sister). After that my class mate pulled me from there & told she's a lecturer from another department. This was such an embarrassing moment. I'm in first year, so yet to recognise all the department's teachers. I thought she's our senior & was involved with the programme that's why no apron at that time. Then I said sorry to her going back immediately & she just nodded & smiled. 

Uff...I sometimes think why the teachers are so young, in school the teachers children used to be with us & now in college & varsity it's like they're with ussmiley37 It applies only for few lecturers thoughsmiley36

Yikes! This is very funny but good thing that she nice and didn't get offended. I think younger teacher are lot more relaxed and laid-back.

alina.b thumbnail

In my final year of college, I took a Genetic Lab Course and for some reason, I really struggled in that class. It was very heavily research focused and honestly the class was a little boring. Anyways, I went to my professor's office hours because I had trouble understanding concepts of an experiment. He would explain me something and I would say "Oh so you mean it's like this..." and I would try to reiterate what he said to make sure I actually understood it and he stared at me like this the whole time:

Then he was like "Not really..." and then he explained the same concept to me the 5th time in his high level PhD language and me not understanding anything also looked back like:

I walked out feeling so embarrassed because I still didn't understand it and my professor probably thought I was stupid ๐Ÿ˜† I was like he probably thinks I don't deserve my degree in Biology but he was actually a very nice professor and ended up writing a letter of recommendation for me for medical school. I'm assuming he said nice things since I got in.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bucky

๐Ÿคฃ

I love cutting chai, it's like the best quantity for refreshment.

As a kid I use to think that they cut some ingredient and is called cutting chai๐Ÿ˜†

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: MusicOfTheHeart

Uff...I sometimes think why the teachers are so young, in school the teachers children used to be with us & now in college & varsity it's like they're with us๐Ÿคฃ It applies only for few lecturers though๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿคฃ

It was a funny incident.

Ik I had once greeted a parent thinking they are my teacher in school๐Ÿ˜†

Nice to see you in the forum.

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: alina.b

In my final year of college, I took a Genetic Lab Course and for some reason, I really struggled in that class. It was very heavily research focused and honestly the class was a little boring. Anyways, I went to my professor's office hours because I had trouble understanding concepts of an experiment. He would explain me something and I would say "Oh so you mean it's like this..." and I would try to reiterate what he said to make sure I actually understood it and he stared at me like this the whole time:

Then he was like "Not really..." and then he explained the same concept to me the 5th time in his high level PhD language and me not understanding anything also looked back like:

I walked out feeling so embarrassed because I still didn't understand it and my professor probably thought I was stupid ๐Ÿ˜† I was like he probably thinks I don't deserve my degree in Biology but he was actually a very nice professor and ended up writing a letter of recommendation for me for medical school. I'm assuming he said nice things since I got in.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Lol... your prof. is a good person I believe. I google my questions or put them on brainly if my teachers get frustrated with me๐Ÿ˜† 

alina.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pranushka_723

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Lol... your prof. is a good person I believe. I google my questions or put them on brainly if my teachers get frustrated with me๐Ÿ˜† 

I try to use google/YT videos but sometimes I end up wasting a lot of time and find it easier to just go ask my profs ๐Ÿ˜† I'm paying a lot of money every semester for them to teach me so might as well use my resources. Also, I was hoping that he would get to know me well because he's a respected professor and has published a lot of work in genetics so it getting a letter of recommendation from him would be a big deal #networking 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail

I try to use google/YT videos but sometimes I end up wasting a lot of time and find it easier to just go ask my profs ๐Ÿ˜† I'm paying a lot of money every semester for them to teach me so might as well use my resources. Also, I was hoping that he would get to know me well because he's a respected professor and has published a lot of work in genetics so it getting a letter of recommendation from him would be a big deal #networking 

We all try this method of impressing teachers so that they feel we are a good students๐Ÿ˜†

Now that you've a letter of recommendation from him I will say we're Proud of You๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜†

Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

Yikes! This is very funny but good thing that she nice and didn't get offended. I think younger teacher are lot more relaxed and laid-back.

Yes! And they're quite friendly too.