ExoticDisaster thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Please read my OS on Lakshman and Urmila. Please hit the like button if it is good and do follow me if you want more. 

She was sitting on the banks of the river lost in her thoughts dipped her hands in the water. How calm the sacred water is, how beautiful is the color of the sky, how peaceful is the sound of waves, she loves to stay alone feeling the water for a long time.

She was born to the King and Queen of Mithila after they waited decades for a child. Having

adopted a girl child already, King Janaka accepted yet another girl child with open arms.

She was named Urmila, meaning the waves of Passion. From her very childhood, she grew up listening to tales of bravery and sacrifice, legends, and God from the sages who were patronized by their father. The sisters were taught to be brave enough to question all the rights and rituals than blindly following them like most others. 

When the two brothers had come to Mithila during Sister Sita’s Swayamvar, She was in awe of the younger one, he followed his brother around obediently, silently trying to protect him too, acting as a friend, more than a brother. Many thought him not worthy, less talented, and even spineless enough to follow his brother around but she saw it differently. It was the same love she felt for her elder sister, overprotective and dependent, she was like that too. Urmila was slowly falling for Lakshman, the silent warrior.

As he walked aimlessly in the dark, Lakshman was not sure what he was feeling- angry, confused, scared - perhaps all of them. He could feel the world silent, but he could not silence his screaming heart. He was serving his duty as a brother but he knew, he had been hurting someone immensely. He knew her tears would have made him weak so, he had asked for the promise. 

After learning about Maharani Kaikeyi's wish of sending Ram to exile for fourteen years, he was so devasted. She had demanded Bharat’s coronation as king of Ayodhya’s and send Ram to exile.

Without a second thought, he had decided to go with his brother. Everyone knew that nothing was important for him then Brother Ram. When he had silently walked to his room, where he had seen, his newly wedded wife sitting on his- their bed. As soon as their had eyes met, he had realized that he also had another duty, a husband’s duty.

Before Urmila could have said anything, Lakshman had just held her hand in his and pulled her with him. They had reached the backside of the Mahal where the river silently flew. The snow mountains far off added more beauty to the place. The moonlight was the only source of light there. Everything was so calm that Lakshman and Urmila's heartbeat was clearly audible and were merging making a piece of beautiful music. They are so lost in the eyes of each other. Life is so strange at times it seems like a happy song and at times its a melancholy. 

“I hope everything is fine, Aryaputra.” Urmila had stated in concern. “Your eyes have a different spark today.”

“I have decided to go with Ram Bhaiya to the forest.” He had replied without meeting her eyes.

Urmila’s heart had skipped a beat. She always had adored her husband for being a responsible brother but she had had never thought that he would take such a big decision. She was so proud of her husband, but at some corner of her heart, she felt bad that he was going to leave him.

“Can I go with you?” she had asked with hope. 

“I understand you, Urmi.” Lakshman had said holding her hands in his. “But I can’t take you with me. I have to take care of Bhaiya and Bhabhi and of you were with me, I don’t want your love to prevent me from doing my duty.” 

“It will not. I assure you. I just want to be with you.” She had said as tears rolled down her eyes.

“But I want you to stay here.” Lakshman had said in determination. “I want you to take care of the mothers. I can only trust you with them.?

"Fourteen years is a long time, Lord. How can I live without you?" A sobbing Urmilla had fallen at his feet.

"As I am going to live without you, dearest"  Lakshman had replied tenderly, bending down and lifting her. "Duty beckons us now, Urmilla. I have to do mine as you have to do yours."

"I have one more request, which will ease all the hardships of the next fourteen years. Will you do it for me?" Lakshman had asked.

"Command me, Lord"  Urmilla had replied, unable to stop crying.

Lifting her face, Lakshman had wiped her tears with his fingers. "Will you promise never ever to shed tears in the next fourteen years? Of course, I will relieve you once I return and you can cry all you want."

“You are asking for the hardest thing I can give.” Urmilla's response was to sob harder.

“I know.” He had placed his hand on her head by way of blessing and held hands tightly, walking towards their room.

Urmilla had shaken herself. What was happening to her? Couldn't she give a better send-off to her husband- something that will relieve him from worrying about her? She had hastily wiped her tears with one hand and had started swinging her other hand, held by Lakshman.

"Aryaputra" she had called out in a quavering voice.

Lakshman had frozen. He was not prepared to take any more sentimental mush from her.

"Aryaputra" Urmilla began, walking towards him. His back was still turned towards her.

"Arya, If by chance, some Demoness takes a form of beautiful girl tries to flirt with you, do not forget that you have a wife at home." She said faking a sort of possessiveness.

He had smiled and put his hand on her shoulder and said solemnly, "I won't. In fact, I will chop off her nose and bring it to you as a souvenir. Happy?"

Urmila had smiled and held back the tears that were threatening to burst.

“Take care of my mothers and don’t shed tears for me.” He had said and left without a last glance at her. 

He knew that it must be difficult for her to stay without him but what he did not know was that it was being next to impossible for her to survive without him. He was there, serving his brother and she was here, taking care of his mothers. She did not shed a single tear, fulfilling the promise that she had made.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/379

Edited by ShiriFictionPen - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ExoticDisaster thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Please read and comment :)

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Please continue into the Uttarkand era - them having babies, how Urmila dealt w/ Sita's exile, how she dealt w/ Kush-Lav after Sita's passing, etc

The part about bringing back the rakshashi's nose was funny.  Did Lakshman preserve it so that he could get it to her in one piece? 😈😆

Edited by .Vrish. - 3 years ago
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Such A Good Story.