Sony TV begins rerunning CID

Posted: 3 months ago

I just read that Sony TV has begun re-airing CID. Seriously this is a 90s galore! Maybe Sony will finally upload high qualities of the 1990s and early 2000s episodes.

Time? 

It's 10 AM IST. I simply don't understand Sony's problem. It's obvious they won't get huge TRPs so early in the morning.  I think they just want to tick the box that we care for our audience and adhere to their demands. Nothing new in this approach, of course ! 

Originally posted by Kulasya.

It's 10 AM IST. I simply don't understand Sony's problem. It's obvious they won't get huge TRPs so early in the morning.  I think they just want to tick the box that we care for our audience and adhere to their demands. Nothing new in this approach, of course ! 

The fact that they brought CID back is more than enough to prove that they know CID brings TRPs and views. Else they could easily have repeated other shows. Why bring back CID at all?

Multiple questions here:

1) When will they start doing this? As of immediate effect?

2) What guarantee is there that they will be telecasting old episodes?

3) For international viewers, will the same apply? I would consider getting the SET Asia subscription online then

I have watched CID yesterday. They are not airing the actual classic episodes. I was kinda disappointed. The episodes are from Purvi’s era! 
Anyways, watching CID on TV gave me different kind of nostalgic vibe. But the timing is very bad man! In this time of lockdown, it’s tough to get up this early in morning smiley6

Originally posted by AS-Rifi

I have watched CID yesterday. They are not airing the actual classic episodes. I was kinda disappointed. The episodes are from Purvi’s era! 
Anyways, watching CID on TV gave me different kind of nostalgic vibe. But the timing is very bad man! In this time of lockdown, it’s tough to get up this early in morning smiley6

@ Underline , Expected.  Looks like they are not interested in classic episodes first of all. They are interested in ' Daya darwaja tod do' 'Kuch to gadbad hai' type OTT era. But that era actually made CID household name. Golden era was limited to niche audience.  So may be they went with that. 

@Bold,   Exactly my point ! Why don't show at the night time instead? As anyways they can't air new episodes of any serial. 

Edited by Kulasya. - 3 months ago

Utterly disappointed with the definition of 'classic' as per Sony. Some cases from 5 years ago cannnot be labelled as that! How shameful.

CID