The Sacrifice of Nanda?

Posted: 4 months ago

What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?

I just can't make an opinion about it right now. Maybe I'll have to think about it.

Originally posted by proteeti

What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?

But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.

Originally posted by RainFire125

But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.

According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

Originally posted by proteeti

According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

ok, for the greater good then i will assume.

do we have SB available to read online??

The good of the individual ultimately lies in the good of the society. I think Vasudeva had to do it for the rest of the population. There is a high chance that Yashoda would not have agreed if she had known that her daughter would going to die so, he kept it a secret. 

The choice is between the individual right and the collective good.

Mahabharat