The Sacrifice of Nanda?

Share
Posted: 4 months ago

What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?

Posted: 4 months ago

I just can't make an opinion about it right now. Maybe I'll have to think about it.

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by proteeti


What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?


But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by RainFire125



But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.


According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by proteeti



According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

ok, for the greater good then i will assume.

Posted: 4 months ago

do we have SB available to read online??

Posted: 4 months ago

The good of the individual ultimately lies in the good of the society. I think Vasudeva had to do it for the rest of the population. There is a high chance that Yashoda would not have agreed if she had known that her daughter would going to die so, he kept it a secret. 

The choice is between the individual right and the collective good.


Mahabharat 


Related Topics

No Related topics found

Topic Info

29 Replies 1415Views

Topic started by proteeti

Last replied by HearMeRoar

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP