Discuss Ramanand Sagar’s RAMAYAN - Page 32

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hey just saw that Shri Krishna will start at DD national at 9 pm.from may 3 .

So I guess uttar ramayan will come to end in 3 days 😪

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

https://youtu.be/gNtOlg-MRzs

Ye lo Vikram Betaal ka episode. It has Sita, Laxman, Indrajeet and Janak from Ramayan. Enjoy😊.

Sutapasima thumbnail

One thing that I am taking away from Ramayan telecast in this lockdown is “forgiveness”. When shri Ram returned to Ayodhya , he called ‘Manthra’ as ‘Maa’. That moved me. Only the strong can forgive. Weak will hold it and fight back.

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

One thing that I am taking away from Ramayan telecast in this lockdown is “forgiveness”. When shri Ram returned to Ayodhya , he called ‘Manthra’ as ‘Maa’. That moved me. Only the strong can forgive. Weak will hold it and fight back.

But is it valid in today's time? If you forgive any bole person it will not be long before you are attacked back. Not even today but previous Dwapar Yug. How many times have Pandav as forgave Kauravas? But all they got is only hate and deadly attacks from them. 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I personally feel that forgiveness does not mean you let go of the situation. Karma always comes back to you.

I feel ke, Manthara, being an outcast and shunned by everyone by then, was already being punished. Her beloved Kaikeyi and Bharat did not care for her, and rest of the people hated her with a passion. So, Rama did not need to administer justice and he simply made sure Manthara knew, ke Rama ki taraf se there was no personal grudge.

Forgiveness does not mean ke punishment can be skipped. Even if the victim of a sin forgives the sinner, life will still go ahead and give them the due. 😳

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Well said Proteeti! 👏

Even in Ramayana, nowhere does it say people should forgive freely without any consequence. Every character in Ramayana is punished for their sins/crimes as required, before forgiveness is given. Kaikeyi and Manthara were born shunned and isolated for 14 years for their mistakes. Isn't that punishment enough? People are barely able to deal with our current lockdown and that's only been for a few months. Imagine total isolation for 14 years. That's what Kaikeyi and Manthara were punished with for their sins, and thus they did deserve forgiveness.

Ramayana teaches us not to hold on to grudges. Forgive people, but also know that mistakes/crimes/sins come with consequences (in other words karma). Once that karma is fulfilled, then forgiveness is deserved. It also depends on the type of crime though. People who murder/rape/loot like Ravan and his minions don't deserve to be simply forgiven either. That's why God himself killed each and every one of the sinners in Ravan's dynasty. Their crimes were too large for simple forgiveness. But people like Kaikeyi and Manthara deserved forgiveness as they suffered a terrible punishment for their mistakes and in the end, felt repentance. 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Achha remind me na who were part of the 7 Immortals who came from Ramyana? 😳

I remember Hanuman and Vibheeshan...

Also, was their immortality tackled/recognized by the epic? Hanuman's was I think. 🤔

Edited by proteeti - 3 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with both Janaki and Proteeti and want to elaborate. Karma and individual forgiveness are totally separate things. The results of your actions are handled by nature. Being forgiven by the person you wronged doesn’t necessarily mitigate them, neither does that person have to wait until you face the consequences of harming them to forgive you. They can do that right away to lighten their own burden and move on with their lives, potentially improving their own karma by not committing any negative actions for the sake of vengeance or retribution. And as for the forgiveness of God, I think even Ravan would have gotten it had he sincerely asked, hence all the chances Shri Ram gave him (let’s not bring all the avatar uddeshya/Jai Vijay thing into it for the moment). We have many many stories in our scriptures and in the bhakti tradition of huge sinners repenting and turning their lives around. Maharishi Valmiki himself is a great example; he may have physically harmed people and even taken lives as Ratnakar but still when he repented, he was given a chance. The purpose of scripture is to give us an ideal to live up to, like forgiving even when it seems the offense is too big, so that we are free to progress in our journey towards God without being weighed down by resentment or ill-will. It doesn’t mean that the state shouldn’t do its job, or that nature won’t do its job of balancing karma. It’s for us individuals to feel free and move on the right path.