Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Ramanand Sagar's was a Tulsidas-only based project, whereas Ananda Sagar's was a khichri of everybody - Tulsidas, Kamban, Krittivas, Adhyatma, et al.  Dunno which one would be deemed better, but that's the difference b/w the 2.  There was also the difference in ambiance.

As for the actors, I think who was better, aside from being subjective, varied according to the roles.  Like the old Shurpanakha was more authentic, but the the old Indrajit was way too hyper

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Ramanand Sagar's was a Tulsidas-only based project, whereas Ananda Sagar's was a khichri of everybody - Tulsidas, Kamban, Krittivas, Adhyatma, et al.  Dunno which one would be deemed better, but that's the difference b/w the 2.  There was also the difference in ambiance.

As for the actors, I think who was better, aside from being subjective, varied according to the roles.  Like the old Shurpanakha was more authentic, but the the old Indrajit was way too hyper

Hmm ya loud but our zulfi baba was too funny with his zulfon ki flicks. 

I m liking old lakshman more and more.  He portrayed avtaar of sheshnaag very well..

BTW the actors who played kumbhkaran in both versions are no more. 

Nalin Dave in old and Rakesh deewana in new. But both turned out super cute

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Ooohhh let's not go into comparisons as this forum is for Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan and there's plenty to appreciate there without comparing😳

Since we're talking about supporting characters though, any favorites (RSR only, not including Lakshman as he's part of the main trio)? Maybe a different favorite in terms of performance/personal appeal and a different one for characterization?

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

^Dara Singh, he's majestic, and cute!

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MagadhSundari

Ooohhh let's not go into comparisons as this forum is for Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan and there's plenty to appreciate there without comparing😳

Since we're talking about supporting characters though, any favorites (RSR only, not including Lakshman as he's part of the main trio)? Maybe a different favorite in terms of performance/personal appeal and a different one for characterization?

Not comparing just went into flashback mode. 😁

Supporting actors here plenty. I liked sugreev and angad too. But really liking this old lakshman more. 

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I have a really hard time choosing... Dara Singh has his own magnetic charm, but Sanjay Jog's performance as Bharat almost unfailingly brings tears to the eyes. Then there's Aparajita as Mandodari who manages to project so much strength and firmness without getting loud, which I really admire... oh and Bashir as Angad had SO much swag! Too many choices :D

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I loved Mandodari and Ravan. Both were supremely majestic 

And also Angad. He's too cute!😳❤️

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I wish Shatru would have got more screen space. Did he have any exclusive scenes though?

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

And oh man, I LOVED Dashrath. He was too good! I think I can actually visualize the real Dashrath as him.

Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

I wish Shatru would have got more screen space. Did he have any exclusive scenes though?

After a lot of digging yesterday, I got one scene wherein he's dressing up Ram for the Rajsabha along with Bharat and ofcourse, Lakshman and there's slight banter before that, with Sita, Urmila, Mandavi and Lakshman  bhaiyya😳

Usmein uska closeup toh tha kam se kam😆