Hrithik vs. Abhishek : The better actor?

Share
Poll Question :

Who is a better actor in your opinion?

Poll Choice Stats
Hrithik Roshan
67%
Abhishek Bachchan
32%
Total Votes : 73
Posted: 2 months ago

Vote only on the basis of acting skills.

Posted: 2 months ago

A Very unpopular opinions perhaps, but I have always felt Abhishek is a better actor amongst all his contemporaries....He was doing very well also commercially- and then boom, don’t know what happened he is all of a sudden considered as a non-actor! smiley5

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by cricketfan1


A Very unpopular opinions perhaps, but I have always felt Abhishek is a better actor amongst all his contemporaries....He was doing very well also commercially- and then boom, don’t know what happened he is all of a sudden considered as a non-actor! smiley5


I also consider him a good actor. And it's an unpopular opinion again, but he was too good in Manmarziyan, his last movie. And I think he's a better actor than Hrithik, though Hrithik is also goodsmiley10


Having said that, Hrithik has that X-factor and spark, which Abhsihek lacks. Abhishek's screen presence is also not that great as compared to Hrithik's.

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by cricketfan1


A Very unpopular opinions perhaps, but I have always felt Abhishek is a better actor amongst all his contemporaries....He was doing very well also commercially- and then boom, don’t know what happened he is all of a sudden considered as a non-actor! smiley5


Not on IF. People love him here. 

Abhishek wasn’t bad but he wasn’t versatile. Nor did he excel in any particular genre.Did well in those brooding intense roles like Sarkar and was pretty decent as a sidekick in Bol Bachchan / HNY .The only times he stood out in his films was when everyone else around him sucked , MPKDH and KANK. Hrithik can be very hammy too but he’s managed to pull off a variety of roles . Some of them, majorly because of his looks. Dhoom, bang bang, ZNMG, War...He’s managed to do really well in these films. I recently watched manmarziya and AB was the weakest link in that film even though that role was right up his alley. Something about him just feels very dated.


OT - I liked Abhishek more when they debuted  together. But HR has worked hard on himself and it shows. Looks apart, I think he acted pretty well in War whatever little he was supposed to. AB just comes off as lazy.


Posted: 2 months ago

Hell never have the charm his father had period. Thats why Ab JR is considered a non-actor. Period.

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by -PoisonIvy-



Not on IF. People love him here. 

Abhishek wasn’t bad but he wasn’t versatile. Nor did he excel in any particular genre.Did well in those brooding intense roles like Sarkar and was pretty decent as a sidekick in Bol Bachchan / HNY .The only times he stood out in his films was when everyone else around him sucked , MPKDH and KANK. Hrithik can be very hammy too but he’s managed to pull off a variety of roles . Some of them, majorly because of his looks. Dhoom, bang bang, ZNMG, War...He’s managed to do really well in these films. I recently watched manmarziya and AB was the weakest link in that film even though that role was right up his alley. Something about him just feels very dated.


OT - I liked Abhishek more when they debuted  together. But HR has worked hard on himself and it shows. Looks apart, I think he acted pretty well in War whatever little he was supposed to. AB just comes off as lazy.



I clearly have missed it then! Because what I have seen is a lot of contempt for him for being someone born with a golden spoon and taking advantage of it....


I also liked Abhishek better than HR when they debuted together....but over the years, HR has clearly outplayed AB- there is no comparison even! The amount of negativity that AB had to put up with, he clearly lost to it- at least as of now!

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by mintyblue



I also consider him a good actor. And it's an unpopular opinion again, but he was too good in Manmarziyan, his last movie. And I think he's a better actor than Hrithik, though Hrithik is also goodsmiley10


Having said that, Hrithik has that X-factor and spark, which Abhsihek lacks. Abhishek's screen presence is also not that great as compared to Hrithik's.


That is true!

Posted: 2 months ago

forget hrithik he can act look at jodha akbar or guzaarish 


but tiger shroff is bigger hit than abhishek imagine


so hit does not depend on acting ability at all


by the way in 90s akshay khanna and bobby deol too acted well after initial few movies(learning curve was fast) but always flopped


so acting does not mean success and love of audience


abhishekh is not great actor but can act better than tiger shrof and many new heroes like varun etc 


But he has no X factor, looks is one, dancing is another, action ability is third, dialogue delivery was monotonous and poor guy always compared to the great AB whose a good actor whether comedy or action or tragedy 


Bobby deol had same issue hes always compared to sunny deol - his dialogue delivery and acting ability is superior (Like AB Sr) 


Akshaye too compared to vinod khanna - both looks, height, personality not there so flop but good actor 


May be if these three not belong to big family of great actors than they would be successful too


Hrithik father was not a success as hero so no comparison done as many not watched his movies at all. Further dad is director can produce many movies for son even if he flops two three movies( i think hrithik flopped 5-6 movies in a row) 


But abhishekh, bobby and akshay do not have directors as dad to make good movies to only highlight son strengths and hide weaknesses


Tiger is success suprising because jackie shroff was not a great actor but had great screen personality and unique dialogue delivery etc compared to dad, tiger has no great skills yet a success 


varun is another he has no father or brother to compare in profession so success 


Guidance is impt and films you choose rather than talent in bollywood - pr helps and networking too


abishekh, bobby, akshaye do not believe in networking rather chamchagiri(in normal language) - so do not get roles easily compared to varun etc 


whoever stays in good books of kjo, yashraj banners succeed more than other actors after 1995-98 onwards 


ajay, akshay, sunny deol, salman, amir only ones who hardly worked with yashraj till recently but succeded because 1990s not much yashraj, kjo domination independent directors or producers 

Edited by myviewprem - 2 months ago

Related Topics

Topics Author Replies Views Last Post Reply
mintyblue 16 1191 23 days ago bakhtaavar
oyebollywood 0 223 1 months ago oyebollywood
Why didn't Abhishek marry Rani?

mintyblue   34   5355

mintyblue 34 5355 2 months ago Zeal17
20 years of Hrithik, Bebo and Abhishek

mintyblue   19   1439

mintyblue 19 1439 3 months ago flipfl0p
Isn't Abhishek looking different?

reams   18   2114

reams 18 2114 3 months ago taniya.91

Topic Info

  • 32 Replies
  • 1823Views

Topic started by mintyblue

Last replied by raj80

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP