Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Because for one- in a country like India, where the most of the people still need to work to make the ends meet everyday, its impossible to have a complete shutdown....For two, I guess this is just like a practice day for the oncoming more severe shutdowns...

First part of your answer makes total sense.  

Second part makes sense as well. Except I think it was part practice and part PR move by the government.  This got everyone across the board (right, left, liberal, conservative) to participate.  I’m already seeing messages on social media about how no one has been able to bring a nation together like Modi.  This is something he needed after all the protests of recent months.  The practice aspect of it will be very beneficial in case he needs to give a lockdown order like you said.  But call me a skeptic, I think it was also a massive nationwide PR.  

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Kis baat ki celebration ho rahi thi bhai? Did they think bursting the crackers will scare the virus away? Or did they think after 10 hours of curfew, Virus got defeated? 😆

In India everything is celebrations , birth ,naming ceremony , to mrg to death . Even carrying body to funeral , some celebrate n bust crackers like kushi Kushi send off 😂
Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There is already a soft lockdown in India. Railways have stopped. Bihar, Punjab, Maharashtra, I think UP too is in lockdown. In Maharashtra, except essential services everything is closed. No local trains, no buses, nothing. 

Edited by Notafan - 4 years ago
Notafan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Kis baat ki celebration ho rahi thi bhai? Did they think bursting the crackers will scare the virus away? Or did they think after 10 hours of curfew, Virus got defeated? 😆

Nitpicking

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Second part makes sense as well. Except I think it was part practice and part PR move by the government.  This got everyone across the board (right, left, liberal, conservative) to participate.  I’m already seeing messages on social media about how no one has been able to bring a nation together like Modi.  This is something he needed after all the protests of recent months.  The practice aspect of it will be very beneficial in case he needs to give a lockdown order like you said.  But call me a skeptic, I think it was also a massive nationwide PR.  

In dis world pandemic crisis time , world must be united for humanity n for welfare of d human raceEdited by Cool_N_Cold - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Even if they have done it sincerely they are bound to draw mileage out of it- isn’t that a part of the privilege people in the power have? They get to keep both bouquets and the brickbats!

@Bold: That’s the most alarming thing...Some of them its like they wouldn’t have done it if Modi didn’t tell them....They seemed more emotional and committed towards the curfew just because Modi called it- basically aimless and blind following....

Originally posted by: Notafan

There are idiots, everywhere, but malicious entities choose to highlight only a few. Here are some more.

Here is the origin of Corona

https://twitter.com/PoliticalKida/status/1240928155788959744

And this is how you fight Corona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9o_xtdufBs

What’s your point? 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

not kidding, there are forwards like this going around.

Chanagangal

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Notafan

There are idiots, everywhere, but malicious entities choose to highlight only a few. Here are some more.

Here is the origin of Corona

https://twitter.com/PoliticalKida/status/1240928155788959744

And this is how you fight Corona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9o_xtdufBs

Another set of morons! 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Because for one- in a country like India, where the most of the people still need to work to make the ends meet everyday, its impossible to have a complete shutdown....For two, I guess this is just like a practice day for the oncoming more severe shutdowns...

But if China can do it so can India - it is the only solution