Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Npdeepa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: -Rehanna-

~•Part Four•~

Underlining the word several times, Abir stepped back from the board and turned to his class "Embodied Writing, can anyone define it?" He wasn't expecting a flow of hands, perhaps he even preferred it this way? The ability to educate those who did not know had always been a passion of his he took seriously. Education was escape, for him at least and he hoped it would be for them too. 

Massaging circles on her forehead, Mishti let out a low groan at the pang of pain colliding in thumps across her scalp. She hadn't missed a day of school, college or university, but for the first time in forever, she'd seriously considered staying home today. While she certainly didn't wish to miss out on his teaching, she was seconds from rising to her feet and making a run to the bathroom to release what her gut had so long tried to contain. Sipping on her water, she dabbed away the prickle of sweat forming on her face with her scarf. 

"Have you ever read a piece of writing or heard a song that speaks to something deep within you? So much so that you can feel the emotions of the characters just like they were own? Your breath picks up and your heart begins to race".

Scrunching her eyes shut, she took slow breaths, hand on her beating heart that she could now hear in her ears. Looking through her hair at his hand also on his chest, she tried to force her major organ to beat to the rhythm he spoke aloud.

"Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun" tapping his fingers like a drum, he settled atop his desk. "That is the art of Embodied Writing, it makes you feel and it makes you live through words that aren't your own". Turning his hips sideways, he pressed down on the space bar "Listen to this song, what do you feel?" 

https://youtu.be/92cwKCU8Z5c

Unable to take it anymore, her arm spread out, knocking her bottle to the ground noisily as she finally stood up on swaying legs. Rushing around the table with her hand over her mouth while she ran across the hallway and to the bathroom, she forced her hair into one hand while her throat burned with acid with each choke that sent her dinner down the drain. 

Abir looked slowly around the class "Talk between yourselves, I'll be back". It wasn't like he kept a routine of following his students out of class, but the pale shine on her skin had worried him. Following the trail he assumed she'd ran, he pushed his side against the bathroom door "Mishti, you okay?" 

Lifting her head, she placed a cheek on the cool tile beside her head, ran a tissue across her lips and flushed the toilet. Of all the times to follow her, why had it been now? "Yeah, yeah I'm okay" pushing a gum stick between her lips, she washed her hands thoroughly, jumping almost out of her skin when the door swung open to reveal her teacher. "You do know this is the women's bathroom? Isn't it kind of against the rules for you to be in here?" Her question had been part a hopeful distraction and part a way of seeing if he was a stickler for the rules like her message buddy made him out to be.

"The rules are inconsequential right now". His brows crossed with his arms "Are you feeling alright?" It was clear she wanted to change the subject, but seeing his student rush to vomit wasn't exactly the norm, so he wasn't going to let her escape this that quickly.

Hm, so he didn't care, that certainly didn't fit with the profile of the person she messaged, unless of course, he meant it in regards to her being sick being of more importance, but that was unlikely. "I just had a lot to drink last night" avoiding his gaze, she began to alter the order of the hand washes. 

"You drink?" His eyes almost popped out of his skull, he hadn't really taken her for the type.

"The good girl can be bad too, you know?" She scowled. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lesson to get back to" stepping forward, her eyes narrowed when he stepped in front of her, stepping to the right, she slid past him, ignoring the sensation of his muscular chest against hers which made her ponder on the kind of words she'd use to embody the only warmth she'd felt in a while. It was the closest she'd get to a hug, so she'd take it, not because she found him attractive, but because she so badly longed for someone to keep her safe from the chill rushing through her veins. 

Letting her leave, he brushed his hand through his waves in disturbance, it was of course entirely possible that he'd been wrong about her, but something just didn't fit, fine she drank, but the night before a busy day of learning? He didn't think so, she took it too seriously to risk messing it up due to a hangover.

~•~•~

Abir/Mishti

You know how we learnt about embodied writing today? 

Yes... Exactly where was she going with this? 

Well, are you trying to 'embody' our teacher because you look up to him or something? 

I don't exactly think many people in that class look up to me as it were, but no, how can I embody something I already am? 

Sighing heavily, she typed faster. The illusory truth effect states that if something is repeated enough it becomes more believable even if it isn't the truth, is that your goal here? 

Yes because I want you to believe me and no because I'm not lying to you about who I am. God, she was difficult! You are firm in your place and aren't willing to believe what I'm saying because it doesn't suit your version of the truth, anything that doesn't coordinate is seen as false. If that isn't a false syllogism, I don't know what is.

Actually. She corrected. That would mean that I reached the wrong conclusion from two options, e.g. Option 1: People who work out sweat a lot. Option 2: You are sweating. Conclusion: You must have worked out. But in this situation it is Option 1: You are my teacher. Option 2: You aren't my teacher. Conclusion: You aren't my teacher, I have not assumed a false conclusion from the possible evidence, I have taken a side until I find enough proof that tells me otherwise

Urgh, she was infuriating at the best of times. Jumping up from the sofa, he began to pace up and down the front room. Call it what you like, I'll call it what it is- naive realism.

Again, no. That is the belief that anyone that doesn't agree with me is wrong, I'm not saying 100% that you are wrong, just that I think you are. 

That's the same thing. Abir rolled his eyes back, he'd never ever came across anyone so argumentative. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night. She shrugged, it didn't matter to her, she would find out the truth eventually until then he could live in his false world.

Your beliefs do not change how well I sleep. Who did she think she was?

Then why are you trying so hard to change it? I'll believe what I like and you believe what I like. It was just a suggestion.

It isn't a subject up for inference, it IS a fact, I AM your teacher. 

Guess you won't get much sleep tonight. She smirked, he was far too easy to rile up. 

He almost threw his phone.

You write so amazingly....Thanks for giving such an lovely story to read at a time of crisis.

shalika thumbnail
Was waiting for you to update this.. Loved it thank you so much 😊😊
rajkamal02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Loving it...thank you.. nice and steady flow in the story...all your is amazing 👏

Edited by rajkamal02 - 4 years ago
maneetmayur thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Another amazing update. Thank you dear. I like the way she's riling him up n he can't do anything to prove himself right. After every update its getting so interesting that now i can't hold on till confrontation n truth to be faced by Mishti.

-Rehanna- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Npdeepa

You write so amazingly....Thanks for giving such an lovely story to read at a time of crisis.

Aww thank you, darling! That's no problem- thank you for reading + commenting 

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: shalika

Was waiting for you to update this.. Loved it thank you so much 😊😊

Aw! Thank you for being patient! No problem darling!

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajkamal02

Loving it...thank you.. nice and steady flow in the story...all your is amazing 👏

Aw thank you darling! So glad you're enjoying it.

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: maneetmayur

Another amazing update. Thank you dear. I like the way she's riling him up n he can't do anything to prove himself right. After every update its getting so interesting that now i can't hold on till confrontation n truth to be faced by Mishti.

Thank you, sweetie. Haha, she's difficult to say the least. Oh yes! That will be exciting 

Naman0603 thumbnail

Hi di.. Just read all the 4 parts..it's just amazing.. I mean i am falling short of words to describe it.. Eagerly waiting for the next part..

-Rehanna- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naman0603

Hi di.. Just read all the 4 parts..it's just amazing.. I mean i am falling short of words to describe it.. Eagerly waiting for the next part..

Hey doll! Thank you, that's so sweet! Aw so kind! It's coming now:)