Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Gute Besserung, ich liebe ihre Geschichte 👍🏼Herzliche Grüße aus Deutschland

divyaJA thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sm1308

Hi everyone,

I'm doin much better now..I was so awfully sick that I felt I wouldn't be able to recover fully, like ever..had an IV allergic response, that resulted in painful swollen joints in wrist and knee..and then the lags of the office stuff seemed like a mountain piled..and this horrible pandemic that is making things even worse..but thankyou so much for all ur msgs, concerns and everything..I havent yet reponded to your msgs one to one, but I'm gonna do it, now ...its been really hard managing and finding time, while recovering..But I'll try to stay on track, as to end up this story (in a happy way) soon..

Thankyou again so much for all the love for the story..

I'll try to keep pace..

enjoy the fresh update, and pls drop ur views..

SM..

Hi,

Hope you are doing better and taking care of yourself.
The update was sooo good
past memories their first meet, wow so beautiful
Thanks for the update.

mama17 thumbnail

Nice story.

Read all the 5 chapters for the 1st time at one go. Continue soon.

PBDcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Waaaoww just waaow.... 4th chapter was like ripping one layer of bandage of the wounded jalal... I hope things turn better for the duo... I am yet to read the 5th chapter was so caught up with things at home just didn't find time to read... But the first thing I checked was the tale of ice & fire... Please do not forget to update that master piece... 😊

PBDcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sm1308

Hi everyone,

I'm doin much better now..I was so awfully sick that I felt I wouldn't be able to recover fully, like ever..had an IV allergic response, that resulted in painful swollen joints in wrist and knee..and then the lags of the office stuff seemed like a mountain piled..and this horrible pandemic that is making things even worse..but thankyou so much for all ur msgs, concerns and everything..I havent yet reponded to your msgs one to one, but I'm gonna do it, now ...its been really hard managing and finding time, while recovering..But I'll try to stay on track, as to end up this story (in a happy way) soon..

Thankyou again so much for all the love for the story..

I'll try to keep pace..

enjoy the fresh update, and pls drop ur views..

SM..

Hey.. I hope you are doing good n recovering... Please take care of your health...we, your readers can wait an eternity for the updates... No pressure... Take your time to heal... But don't forget your lovely stories in the process... Much love n hugs... 🤗

Aishu.R thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hey,, How are you doing now?

When will you update?

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

How r u doing ??

We r missing this story .

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 6

Next morning, Jalal reached COSMOS, and again saw Adi leaving the parking lot, “God! The man keeps getting on my nerves...”

Entering the building he looked around for Jo and saw her getting coffee from the cafeteria..He went to his elevator and kept the door held, waiting for Jo to show up. After a minute or two, Jo could be seen rushing her steps up for the elevator, her hands full with her bags and coffee cups in a holder..Surprised to see jalal unexpectedly keeping the door held up, she entered the elevator, a tadbit hesitant, yet with a polite nod..

Jo: Morning, Mr. Mohd…Coffee??

Jalal looked at Jo, “Don’t you remember Ms. Shekhawat..I never drink coffee”..Embarassed Jo, retreated her hands, because ofcourse she didn’t, yet tried to be polite, “Ahh! Ofcourse you don’t..its just that people change and get newer tastes over time..I thought you might have too”..Jalal looked back at Jo with a piercing gaze, “On the contrary, some might find changing way too hard..Its not an easy feat Ms. Shekhawat, to move on..Is it??..” Jo nodded in a frail No, and kept staring at the elevator door..For some reason, she had never been this nervous, even when she had seen him for the first time..But now every conversation with him seemed to have an entirely different meaning with a hidden essence to it, and that left her pensive, very often..The elevator made a “ding” and the two of them exited at the 30th floor..Jalal headed to his office, but halted in between,

Jalal: I had something to say to you…Would you mind coming to my office..

Jo nodded in a “Yes”..and followed Jalal into his office..

Jalal (in his office): You do know that Mr. Aditya Singhaniya is the director of the company that is our strongest rival in the tech market? Do you?

Jo nodded in a yes.

Jalal: So, despite the fact that I’ve no issues him being your chauffeur or whatever..

Jo interrupted, “A friend Mr. Mohd…He is my friend”..

Jalal (tightened his jaw): Well he sure puts in, way more effort than a friend would..(silence prevailed and Jalal continued) We pay you enough to have your own car..Don’t we??

Jo looked at jalal, trying to stay impassive. Her medical condition that often ended in sudden lapse of consciousness or loss of sense of direction were one of the major issues, why she couldn’t drive all by her..Why Shibani had been insistent on Adi accompanying on her routes..Jo remained silent..but then responded,

Jo: I cant drive that well..(sighing defeatedly) I do understand your concerns, Mr. Mohd..I’ll be dealing with the confidential projects of the company and me being friends with our rivals makes you uneasy and hard to trust..But you’ve nothing to worry Sir, I’ ain’t that naive, I do know how to keep my personal and professional lives apart..Above all I trust my friend..There is no way at all that he would take any advantage of me or my position at COSMOS..

Jalal felt like someone slashed his heart into two, with that word, “TRUST”…He smiled politely and kept his composure maintained..

Jalal: Ms. Shakhawat you might be a pro in dealings with your life, but I can not take any chances when it comes to the interests of the company, if you cant take a conveyance without your “friend”, you can shift in the nearby residential area that our company provides, that way both of us can stay at ease..

Jo looked at jalal deligently, “God! Does he sound jealous??” Shaking her head to break the train of thoughts, “What the hell am I thinking..Ofcourse he would be uncomfortable watching his rival dropping me everyday”..Seeing Jo lost in thoughts, Jalal spoke again,

Jalal: What? You don’t TRUST me enough..You should know already,, I’M A GOOD GUY..

Before Jo could think, words slipped off her lips, “YOU SURE DON’T LOOK LIKE ONE”..Jo gasped, and a sudden nostalgia and a feeling of deja vu hit her memory..Glimpses of the restaurant, the window pane, she smiling in her teens and Jalal in his basket ball attire. The memory came rushing as if the flood gates had been opened..Jo deadpanned, while Jalal also sensed the tension in the air..he had been recalling the same memories a day before..Expressions hardened, he kept his gaze fixed at the desk, to avoid Jo’s line of sight and make the situation even more awkward, when suddenly Abdul and Mirza barged in..Breathless Jo held the side of her head, a wheezing ache in her head and a profuse sweat broke..Struggling for air, she tried her best to get a grip on her nerves..losing consciousness in front of Jalal was the last thing she ever wanted..Jo turned on her heels to get back to her office, when Abdul noticed her composure and interrupted, but before he could say a word, Jo was already heading towards the door..Barely walking down the stairs, by the time she reached her office the ache was unbearable, and she was on her knees..Jo managed to pick her bag up, and reached for her anti-anxiety depressants..She popped the pill in and sunk on her seat..

Trying to gulp as much air as she could, she wiped off the sweat from her forehead. The reverberating ache had begun to subside, exhaustion and nausea were taking its place…The memory returned and she could remember everything from seeing him first in the game, him following her at the restaurant, telling her to date him and see how good of a guy he was..Tears rolled down her face, and she finding it hard to stop them, let them fall…It was the first memory she had cracked of him in years..The heartache that came accompanied to it, was too much..Jo couldn’t know for how long she kept sobbing silently..Afterall this was what she had come for..The chapter that had been wiped off her memory, and yet remained carved on her heart had begun to unfurl..She had to stay strong till it concluded..

Back in Jalal’s office, Jalal was still in no mood to talk, while Abdul and Mirza kept giving him details of the upcoming projects and the bid they will have to attend, with one of the clients that Singhaniya’s too were eyeing, to make a deal with..

Abdul: Are you even listening, we really need to crack this deal, before Singhaniya’s do..Mirza and I are already working on the proposal, and its marketing strategy to make sure we appease them the best, but I need you to chip in..Its for the first time, we are already half way, and you haven’t looked at it yet..

Jalal remained silent, still lost in thoughts..But finally spoke..

Jalal: I’m sorry, send it over, I’ll work on it..When is the bid??

Abdul: Two weeks from now..

Jalal nodded..

Abdul: There is another thing..Ruks is visiting in a week or so..She will stay for couple of weeks for her scheduled photo shoot or something..keep your schedules open, you know she will eat your head up, if you don’t..

Jalal again mindlessly nodded a yes, but the thoughts of Jo refused to leave his consciousness..

The next few days, Jo tried her best to avoid seeing Jalal as much as she could..She kept herself immersed in the fresh project that was up for bidding..and aligned her line of work, with that of Abdul and Mirza..Meetings for the updates were the only times, when the two crossed paths…Although, giving into Jalal’s concern and to avoid any arguments, she did shift temporarily to the company’s residential apartments, and left for her own place only during the weekends...Adi nagged but agreed..

On the other hand, even Jalal kept himself awfully holic with this new project…The only way for him to stop thinking about Jo, was to drive all his strength towards his company..The project and the client were extremely crucial for the next-gen techs of COSMOS, and losing the bid was no option here..Jalal had to come up with his best bet, and come what may, the deal had to be signed at all costs…The only cure for his restlessness was that everytime he left his office, he could see Jo working diligently on her bench..Seeing her in the same vicinity as his, always brought him at ease..

By the end of the week Abdul, Mirza, Jalal, Jo, and their team of executives had pulled up an alluring proposal, and the cue for the entire team that the proposal was stunning, was that Jalal was pretty happy and content with the way it had been shaped out. However, with just one week left for the bid, everybody was giving in all they had to sharpen it to its final version..

Jo was already pushing herself to make sure no stones were left unturned and that the proposal remains flawless..It was afternoon, around the lunch break, when the elevator to Jalal’s floor made a ding, and Jo looked up from her pile of documents, expecting Abdul and Mirza..But to her slight dismay, it was someone she had never seen before at COSMOS..However, Jo had seen that face before, but where was the question?

Jo left her office and came to the common area addressing the lady there,

Jo: May I help you??

The woman gave a startled look at Jo and asked, “And who would you be??” Before Jo could answer, the receeding footsteps of Jalal coming down the staircase, caught the attention of both the ladies..Jalal gave a look, and pleasantly surprised called out, “Oh! Ruks, You here? did I miss your call or something??”

Ruks aka Ruquaiyaa Khanam was the daughter of Jalal’s father’s closest ally. But together with Abdul and Mirza she attended the same college as Jalal, and therefore was more like a friend aka family to Jalal..As a cover model for many of the popular feminine brands, public appearances with Jalal, always pictured her in the light of the rumoured celebrity girlfriend of the CEO of the tech-giant, COSMOS…Jalal never paid any heed to the rumours, more so on Ruks insistence to let them flowing, that keeping up appearances like such, helped her garner attention from the media, which is all that her profession was fed from..Although, for Jalal, it was nothing more than a gesture of insistence from a friend, but during all these years, Ruks beliefs had changed…Having seen no one around Jalal for such a long time, Ruks had gotten confident that sooner or later she would be able to bring these rumours to reality.. And if all Jalal needed was time, she can gladly give that to him..

Ruks looked at Jalal with the brightest of smile, and pulled him in a tight hug..A tadbit surprised with the gesture, Jalal loosened the grip, and looked at Jo uncomfortably, who was still staring at the duo..Suddenly Jo recalled that she is the same woman she had seen in jalal’s pics while she was researching about him..Jo lowered her gaze and receeded a few steps back to give some privacy to the duo..

Jalal: What has gotten into you?? Its my office Ruks..

Ruks (stepped back with a smile): Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot we’ve an audience…

Jalal: You should have called..Abdul had plans to pick you up..We thought you were coming tomorrow..

Ruks (locked her arms with Jalal’s): Oh! I just wanted to give you a pleasant surprise..But you know what, instead you got me one..

Ruks looked at Jo. Jalal again released his hand, “Oh yeah! Meet Heer, she is my R&D Associate”. Before, Jalal could say anything else, Ruks pulled him upstairs, “And I’ve got a gift and an entire week planned for you”…With this Ruks rushed Jalal back to his office and Jo returned to her desk, thinking about what just happened..

Jo sat back on her desk, and with a frail smile thinking to herself, “Does he really have someone that close??” Jo kept pondering on the thought, she sure was a little bit “relieved” that her fear, about Jalal still being hung up on his past feelings, probably weren’t true..But the relief was sure laced with a tad bit of sadness, that left her heart aching..What the hell is wrong here, I should be happy or more at ease, that he does have someone to actually like or probably love..Isn't that what I wanted earlier..Something that could tell me that he didn’t spend a decade waiting, aching for me..I’m hell sure I do not intend to be back with him..I also know that if I dare to intend that, I’ll bring him a pain even tragic than what he might have been through for the past decade..That would be too selfish of me..Oh God! Why do I want the impossible??Why does my heart craves something that my mind truly denies?? I need to get my feelings back on track, or I might mess up his life again…Why on Earth did I come, and what the heck was I thinking? Jo sighed, “Oh! This is exhausting…But I need to stay strong, make my stand clear, so that he stays freed of the haunting past and can move ahead to a better future, a better partner, who can offer him a love worth a lifetime..something you so very much deserve Mr. Mohd..”

sm1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh God! All you lovely readers out there..Thankyou so very much for your heartfelt messages, reviews of the chapters and wait you did for the story..I cant thank enough for the love you share for the story..and I cant apologize enough for having kept you waiting for this long..Pls do forgive..

Thanks for your wishes and concerns, I'm absolutely fine now.. Doing much better..all healthy..was trying to get back to my professional front that had piled up, and that was the reason I couldnt find much time to write..I'm still trying to get these leisure writings in my schedule..all the more because this is one of the very few fun things I do..Believe me, I'll try to be regular..This is the 6th chapter, and I'm trying my best to end the story in another 4...and then I'll get back to "Tale of Ice and Fire", because honestly speaking the historical plots take much more effort than the modern usual day ones..So, for now, pls stick to this and I'll get back to other tale very soon..

All my love to all of you..

I'm gonna reply to all the messages one at a time, in the coming days..

n next updates for this story should come to you every sunday from now on..

Thanks again for all the love, enjoy the story and keep dropping your thoughts, because they for sure make my day worth..

Take care

n stay safe :)