Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: oa2019

nice update.  their life is progressing lovely.

Hello I think it is yes 

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

This was brilliant. I am loving how you think of the small small things. Yes wanting to take revenge and actually take revenge is two different things and what an incredible way for her to learn to not let her feelings for the person standing in front of her overrule her. Kukki was as always amazing and yes she is like father like daughter.

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

This was brilliant. I am loving how you think of the small small things. Yes wanting to take revenge and actually take revenge is two different things and what an incredible way for her to learn to not let her feelings for the person standing in front of her overrule her. Kukki was as always amazing and yes she is like father like daughter.

Thank your words are very kind and especially so when I’ve had a tough day. Appreciate the love this thread gets her. You picked out the bit I like too about this one which is RB’s second lesson for his love.. third if you count the chess moment from way back.

jagrutid thumbnail

thanks 

Discolights thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jagrutid

Thanks the office scene is actually adapted from one of my other ff’s Bitter Sweet I wrote something similar there but this a more elaborate and of course plays out as per the characters here. 
a part of me thinks this could have been 4 little moments all separated. 

I am so glad it wasn't 4 different moments but all together. Makes it a more satisfying read 😊

Waiting for the next one

jagrutid thumbnail

14. The CEO chair

3 weeks since Prernas first day at the office and Mehra had walked into his boss’s office with a worry. 

Rishab who was pacing his office whilst flicking through a file looked up for a moment. “Mehra” he said in acknowledging he’d walked in.

Mehra seemed to be very cautious when talking about  Prerna”

“Sir Mrs Bajaj is getting a little restless now seems she wants to target the Basus

“Ask her to be patient” said Rishab in a I know sort of voice. 

“I’ve tired, she’s asked me whether I can put them under surveillance”

Rishab looked up from his paperwork, that meant the discomfort in her was growing.  Putting someone under watch sounded like something he’d do. It pleased him somewhat to know she was learning. 

He took his phone out calling Prerna who was elsewhere in the office. 

After a couple of mins Prerna entered. Mehra asked for leave but Rishab wanted him to stay. 

“I hear You’ve asked for intel on the Basus.

“Yes” she answered not knowing what he’d make of that. She watched him walk around his desk and take a seat back in his chair

His eyes asked her to take a seat. Once she was sat down to her surprise he didn’t ask her anything more about the surveillance on the Basus

“I want you to  think about running for business personality of the year in India.”

Prerna couldn’t see how she would ever win or how this was related to Anurag. All of which he could read in her eyes.

“There are 3 months to the awards” he said and then took out a set of files from his desk drawer and put them on the desk. 

“3 multi million dollar deals Mr Basu has his eyes on..which You’ll sign”

Now he’d set the context Prerna could follow his thinking but it still felt too far fetched for her and too much to take in”

“You”ll deal with Mehra only, I don’t want any questions any fuss”

“You won’t help?” She asked with surprised eyes. 

“Mehra will help” he replied with very certain look on his face. “I’ll be on the other end of the phone but as your husband only..” Prerna looked worried but he looked past it.

“Take my office” - he said standing up and buttoning his grey suit.

“I have a icecream date with Kuki I ought to get going.” He added..

“Mehra can I talk to you for a second” he said leaving Prerna lost for words.

Mehra agreed

Whilst Rishab paused in front of Prerna to wish her “Good luck.”

Outside the office Rishab has one simple instruction for Mehra. 

“Keep a eye on her”

“Sure sir” says Mehra confidently with a smile. Years of working with Rishab had helped him understand what was required. 

A little later as Prerna comes to term with the vacant office and Mehra stood in the corner on hand. 

She looked on at the CEO chair and felt rather unsure.

“I can’t sit there that’s Mr Bajajs chair” she said looking at Mehra who looked at her a little bit more relaxed on the matter. 

Rishab had after all said the office was hers but Prernas mother had always taught her that respect is earned not just given and on that account she looked towards the sofa in the corner of the office.

Three files, three months, millions of dollars and at the end of it all a win over her past.

Edited by jagrutid - 3 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

😆 it took time for Prerna to realise what Bajju had done. Nice. 😈 but too short an update. Not done ):

esha143 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

He's handing her the means to reach her goal on her own👏👏👏excellent.... 

The way he handled her discomfort and her dilemma about how to destroy the Basus in a single stroke is praise-worthy.... And he's getting her to do all the work on her own... Building her self confidence.... An excellent update with such progress..... The story is progressing in a much interesting manner.... 👏👏

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

😆 it took time for Prerna to realise what Bajju had done. Nice. 😈 but too short an update. Not done ):

It’s a moment remember 😂 

Thank you I added a bit to the end just now 

jagrutid thumbnail

Originally posted by: esha143

He's handing her the means to reach her goal on her own👏👏👏excellent.... 

The way he handled her discomfort and her dilemma about how to destroy the Basus in a single stroke is praise-worthy.... And he's getting her to do all the work on her own... Building her self confidence.... An excellent update with such progress..... The story is progressing in a much interesting manner.... 👏👏

Thank you!!! Love how you guys jump on each up date. I think this fits well with Bajaj and prerna.. so yes it’s about her learning. 
I also just edited the end to add a line..