Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

It's from my favourite mytho show Dharmashetra. It's in Netflix.

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

In Vyas Bharath Karna said these words Gayatri. 

Karna insulted Draupadi because Draupadi did the same during her Swayamwar.

During Swayamwar, Draupadi insulted Karna by calling him 'Suta Putra' in front of other kings in a public meet because of his low caste. When Pandavas lost their kingdom due to addiction to the game of dice, Yudhisthira gambles away his brothers and their common wife Draupadi into the game. When Pandavas lost everything and Duryodhan ordered Pandavas to be his slaves and encouraged Dushasan to drag Draupadi into the court in order to avenge her rudeness. At this moment Karna wanted to teach draupadi a lesson, merely a revenge, for treating like and calling him Suta Putra. 

When Draupadi requested help from Bhishma, Drona and others, Karna thought of helping Draupadi if she insist him to help from this bad situation. Karna is prepared to do anything to save Draupadi. When Draupadi showed up to Karna, she never asked him because of his low caste and passed. This Hurt's Karna's feelings towards sympathy and made him furious. A woman can have a maximum of three husbands. In that case, he called Draupadi an unchaste woman and never thought to save her from this evilness.

Later in the Kurukshetra war, At the time of Karna's death, Krishna reminds Karna for insulting Draupadi and being silent at that time. Karna apologized for his actions to Krishna.

Draupadi posed the question how could Yudi stake her if he had lost himself before her? No one except Vikarn answered that she was not won because stake was invalid. To this Karn replied that since Yudi staked her himself, the stake was valid. Also, God has ordained one husband for one woman yet she was having five hence she was unchaste and should join other maids in their special apartments to satisfy the lust of princes whenever they want them!😡

Karna never forgave Draupadi for this public slight and all the humiliation that was heaped on Draupadi was devised by Karna. He called Draupadi a whore and indicated that she is a sex-crazed woman for marrying 5 princes,  now the Kauravas will satisfy her sexual cravings by picking the Kaurava princes. He was satisfying his own depraved sense of un-fulfillment by publicly humiliating her. He was the one that instructed Dushashan to take off her garment when she was in a single garment as she was menstruating😡😭. Though truth is told, he did feel bad about it later. But the damage was done. It was after this behavior of his, that, whatever little chance there was of peace, disappeared.

What Karna did was wrong. She didn't want to marry him, that was her choice and she called him sutaputra, son of a charioteer. Was that wrong? He was the son of the charioteer and he had to sit down as she had rejected him. It was her swayamwara, there wasn't any need to do vastraharan. This showed Karna’s villainy. Here the only valid term  I can use is it was an unforgettable unforgiving evil act with absolutely no justification. He deserves to be punished like that. 

Karna spoke unspeakable things about Draupadi in the Kuru court ,Karna even instigated Dushshasana to disrobe her. He called her a “bandhaki”, meaning a low prostitute. 

It was there in Vyas Mahabharath and mentioned in detail manner in many other stories written in later date. 

For calling Draupadi as a prostitute and for killing Abhimanu after knowing that he is his brother's son, in such a heinous way , he is not a lesser evil, Adharmi than the Duryodhan and Dussasan. 

Not to differ with you Gayatri, I love you and respect you🤗 , but here are the facts about Karna.

Common M you can differ with me anytime. This is a place where we do exchange perceptions and debate and all in a healthy spirit. So I would not mind at all even if you scold me and say G these are the facts, read it and you are wrong!! I need to read this book as well then :) .. maybe my bad that even after all these facts I feel a little empathy for that guy!!! Lol. I always felt that if you have that one person to guide you almost throughout life in the right direction you will make far lesser mistakes. Arjun had Krishna even though its for a bigger purpose. Anyways,  thank u my friend for telling me abt that book. Will look up and see if its available online. 🤗

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

Common M you can differ with me anytime. This is a place where we do exchange perceptions and debate and all in a healthy spirit. So I would not mind at all even if you scold me and say G these are the facts, read it and you are wrong!! I need to read this book as well then :) .. maybe my bad that even after all these facts I feel a little empathy for that guy!!! Lol. I always felt that if you have that one person to guide you almost throughout life in the right direction you will make far lesser mistakes. Arjun had Krishna even though its for a bigger purpose. Anyways,  thank u my friend for telling me abt that book. Will look up and see if its available online. 🤗

Gayatri, love you so much Yaar🤗🤗🤗, I know your love for me, that is why before logging off written this to make it clear that Karna is a grey character, in TV serials, the writers tempted to glorify the Karna role because of the good actors there played that role. 

There are versions that Ravan was greater Pandit than Ram and because of the curse he behaved like that.  Different versions, different perspectives, but in the original Vyas Bharath it was clearly mentioned that  Karṇa was very much involved in the act of disrobing Draupadī. Indeed, Karṇa’s role in that shameful abhorrent humiliation of Draupadi in the dice hall, along with the part played by him in the collective slaughter of Abhimanyu in the battlefield, are the two disgraceful blots,  which mar Karṇa’s character in the epic. 

In Chapter-68 of the Sabhā Parva. Miffed at Vikarṇa’s rather unexpected opposition to his brothers’ despicable conduct, Karṇa then had said, after setting out a deceptively fallacious line of arguments:

त्वं तु केवलबाल्येन धार्तराष्ट्र विदीर्यसे।

यद् व्रवीषि सभामध्ये बालः स्थविरभाषितम्॥

न च धर्मं यथावत् त्वं वेत्सि दुर्योधनावर।

यद् ब्रवीषि जितां कृष्णां न जितेति सुमन्दधीः॥

कथं ह्यविजितां कृष्णां मन्यसे धृतराष्ट्रज।

यदा सभायां सर्वस्वं न्यस्तवान् पाण्डवाग्रजः॥

मन्यसे वा सभामेतामानीतामेकवासम्।

अधर्मेणेति तत्रापि शृणु मे वाक्यमुत्तमम्॥

एको भर्त्ता स्त्रिया देवैर्विहितः कुरुनन्दन।

इयं त्वनेकवशगा बन्धकीति विनिश्चिता॥

अस्याः सभामानयनं न चित्रमिति मे मतिः।

एकाम्बरधरत्वं वाप्यथवापि विवस्त्रता॥

दुःशासन सुबालोऽयं विकर्णः प्राज्ञवादिकः।

पाण्डवानाञ्च वासांसि द्रौपद्याश्चाप्युपाहार॥

ततो दुःशासनो राजन् द्रौपद्या वसनं बलात्।

सभामध्ये समाक्षिप्य व्यपाक्रष्टं प्रचक्रमे॥ [Mahābhārata, 2.29 – 2.40]

Translation:

O, son of Dhṛtarāṣṭra! You alone are expressing dissent due to your youthful impudence. You are but an immature lad, who has the temerity to talk like an elder in this assembly of wise men.

Younger sibling of Duryodhana! You are not well-versed in the intricacies of dharma; hence, out of sheer ignorance, you are declaring Draupadī as one not won though she has been rightfully won in dice.

O son of Dhṛtarāṣṭra! When Yudhiṣṭhira as the eldest Pāṇḍava has staked his all, how then can you consider Draupadī as not won in fair challenge?

If you think that it is unrighteous to have brought Draupadī, clad in one cloth-piece in her state of menstruation, then pay attention to my words.

O scion of the Kurus! Scriptures ordain that a woman should have only one husband. See, Draupadi is under the control of many males; hence she is for sure an unchaste woman. Therefore, given her status as a woman of easy virtue, there is no breach of dharma in bringing her to this hall, no matter if she is clad in one cloth, or even bereft of any clothes.

O Duḥśāsana! You need not pay any heed to this Vikarṇa, who, with his utter precocity has the cheek to speak like a wise man. Hence, go ahead and seize the clothes of Draupadī and all the Pāṇḍavas.

Then Vidur said --- O King! Then, being so bidden by Karṇa, Duḥśāsana, in open court and in full view of all present, began forcefully drawing at Draupadī’s robe.

It would thus be clear that according to Vyāsa’s original narration, it was on Karṇa’s direct instigation that Duḥśāsana proceeded to disrobe Draupadī. 

Thanks Gayatri 🤗for this interesting convo with you. Karna was a vice person with a cursed life.

stormborn thumbnail

Anyone noticed the irony in Karn's intro ?

4 girls were in the exact same situation as Draupadi when she would be dragged to the court being called a dasi.

Karn condemned the man's act on the 4 girls and punished him and also his sena. 

But we all know what he would do during Draupadi's incident ( Mads described it in details ).

I wonder whether it's a coincidence or swastik's intentional attempt. 

And also Arjun. 

In his intro, he talked so much about the environment (trees, birds etc. ) though eventually he will burn the entire Khandav forest including all the lives in it.

Edited by stormborn - 3 years ago
stormborn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweetypie34

Why I am feeling mahabharat track going to be sarvanaash.

Seeing that Bheema in last part mein dargaye

What ? Didn't get this. Kya kiya Bheem ne ?

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Gayatri, love you so much Yaar🤗🤗🤗, I know your love for me, that is why before logging off written this to make it clear that Karna is a grey character, in TV serials, the writers tempted to glorify the Karna role because of the good actors there played that role. 

There are versions that Ravan was greater Pandit than Ram and because of the curse he behaved like that.  Different versions, different perspectives, but in the original Vyas Bharath it was clearly mentioned that  Karṇa was very much involved in the act of disrobing Draupadī. Indeed, Karṇa’s role in that shameful abhorrent humiliation of Draupadi in the dice hall, along with the part played by him in the collective slaughter of Abhimanyu in the battlefield, are the two disgraceful blots,  which mar Karṇa’s character in the epic. 

In Chapter-68 of the Sabhā Parva. Miffed at Vikarṇa’s rather unexpected opposition to his brothers’ despicable conduct, Karṇa then had said, after setting out a deceptively fallacious line of arguments:

त्वं तु केवलबाल्येन धार्तराष्ट्र विदीर्यसे।

यद् व्रवीषि सभामध्ये बालः स्थविरभाषितम्॥

न च धर्मं यथावत् त्वं वेत्सि दुर्योधनावर।

यद् ब्रवीषि जितां कृष्णां न जितेति सुमन्दधीः॥

कथं ह्यविजितां कृष्णां मन्यसे धृतराष्ट्रज।

यदा सभायां सर्वस्वं न्यस्तवान् पाण्डवाग्रजः॥

मन्यसे वा सभामेतामानीतामेकवासम्।

अधर्मेणेति तत्रापि शृणु मे वाक्यमुत्तमम्॥

एको भर्त्ता स्त्रिया देवैर्विहितः कुरुनन्दन।

इयं त्वनेकवशगा बन्धकीति विनिश्चिता॥

अस्याः सभामानयनं न चित्रमिति मे मतिः।

एकाम्बरधरत्वं वाप्यथवापि विवस्त्रता॥

दुःशासन सुबालोऽयं विकर्णः प्राज्ञवादिकः।

पाण्डवानाञ्च वासांसि द्रौपद्याश्चाप्युपाहार॥

ततो दुःशासनो राजन् द्रौपद्या वसनं बलात्।

सभामध्ये समाक्षिप्य व्यपाक्रष्टं प्रचक्रमे॥ [Mahābhārata, 2.29 – 2.40]

Translation:

O, son of Dhṛtarāṣṭra! You alone are expressing dissent due to your youthful impudence. You are but an immature lad, who has the temerity to talk like an elder in this assembly of wise men.

Younger sibling of Duryodhana! You are not well-versed in the intricacies of dharma; hence, out of sheer ignorance, you are declaring Draupadī as one not won though she has been rightfully won in dice.

O son of Dhṛtarāṣṭra! When Yudhiṣṭhira as the eldest Pāṇḍava has staked his all, how then can you consider Draupadī as not won in fair challenge?

If you think that it is unrighteous to have brought Draupadī, clad in one cloth-piece in her state of menstruation, then pay attention to my words.

O scion of the Kurus! Scriptures ordain that a woman should have only one husband. See, Draupadi is under the control of many males; hence she is for sure an unchaste woman. Therefore, given her status as a woman of easy virtue, there is no breach of dharma in bringing her to this hall, no matter if she is clad in one cloth, or even bereft of any clothes.

O Duḥśāsana! You need not pay any heed to this Vikarṇa, who, with his utter precocity has the cheek to speak like a wise man. Hence, go ahead and seize the clothes of Draupadī and all the Pāṇḍavas.

Then Vidur said --- O King! Then, being so bidden by Karṇa, Duḥśāsana, in open court and in full view of all present, began forcefully drawing at Draupadī’s robe.

It would thus be clear that according to Vyāsa’s original narration, it was on Karṇa’s direct instigation that Duḥśāsana proceeded to disrobe Draupadī. 

Thanks Gayatri 🤗for this interesting convo with you. Karna was a vice person with a cursed life.

Very insightful indeed!!!! Now tho i have to read this :) thank u my girl!!!!!1❤️

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

Anyone noticed the irony in Karn's intro ?

4 girls were in the exact same situation as Draupadi when she would be dragged to the court being called a dasi.

Karn condemned the man's act on the 4 girls and punished him and also his sena. 

But we all know what he would do during Draupadi's incident ( Mads described it in details ).

I wonder whether it's a coincidence or swastik's intentional attempt. 

And also Arjun. 

In his intro, he talked so much about the environment (trees, birds etc. ) though eventually he will burn the entire Khandav forest including all the lives in it.

ha ha ha ..great point, irony indeed!! I bet its intentional as we know what would happen in the future!!!

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweetypie34

People calling Draupadi are illiterate I will say.

She came from fire and when she was living with one of Pandavas for one year she merge into fire and come back with purity.

It s said Draupadi is mahakali incarnation too

Well said Sweety. 🤗 

Draupadi is one of the strongest and Divine characters in Mahabharath, next only to Sri Krishna. All others are only next to her including her husbands! 

stormborn thumbnail

Just read today's written update. It's gonna be annoying. So I won't watch tonight.

stormborn thumbnail

My mom just said she won't be surprised if Duryadhan survives the kurukshetra war.

She said, like they have always spared Ayan and never even moved an inch of his hair after he committed so many crimes, they might do the same with the Kauravas.

Edited by stormborn - 3 years ago