Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: shogun

Damn! Now whether the movie ain't really THAT good of a movie or is it the "social stigma", I will let you folks and Mintyblue who will 100000% open a thread on it to duke it out. Perhaps a bit of both scenarios I guess. 

I think it is both, this is facing the same faith as Padman.

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Damn! Now whether the movie ain't really THAT good of a movie or is it the "social stigma", I will let you folks and Mintyblue who will 100000% open a thread on it to duke it out. Perhaps a bit of both scenarios I guess. 

I feel both...also i noticed a lot of reviewers rated it leniently coz it was the first gay rom com.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sigh. India isn't ready for mainstream lgbtq+ movies. Maybe in another 10 years. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I thought the film was amazing. sigh ðŸ˜’

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

I think it is both, this is facing the same faith as Padman.

That movie was thrash. This movie was reasonably entertaining 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Sigh. India isn't ready for mainstream lgbtq+ movies. Maybe in another 10 years. 

Several small steps add up. This movie was actually a big one considering it did earn this much over the opening weekend.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a hit over it's lifetime.

Doubt it's the social stigma because most of the film is a typical Ayushmaan film with just two male leads and Neena Gupta-Gajraj Rao instead of Pankaj Tripathi-Seema Pahwa. There's ample amount of small town comedy throughout the film filled innuendoes. It's just a bad film- won't call it terrible but pretty average. It starts as a gay love story but there are so many subplots that the gay relationship gets lost in the middle. 

But still full marks to the makers for keeping the idea behind the film straightforward right from the trailers unlike ELKDTAL which tried to play on shock value. Here we know right from the first frame that Ayush-Jeetu are a gay couple in the film, no one is pretending to be anyone else aur upar se do full blown kissing scenes between the lead. That's what I think I enjoyed the most- that the makers went full out to show things how it is and not become chui mui out of such things. Idea is good, motive is good but direction is weak and so is the writing. Dialogues save the film for a large part. Ayushmaan overacts A LOT and is the least likeable character in the film even if he wants to portray the flamboyant partner in the relationship. Jeetu is the heart and soul of the film. A very honest performance!

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Even an AVERAGE and a "success" tag is gonna be a task now. Let's see.

Shubh Mangal And Bhoot Falter On Monday

Tuesday 25 February 2020 01.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and Bhoot faltered on Monday as they showed drops. The collections of Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan have actually dropped more but that is probably because Bhoot has hardly any collections.

The early estimates for Monday are 3.50 crore nett for Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and 2 crore nett for Bhoot. These are major falls from Friday but that was a holiday. If we take fair value numbers then Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan is around 50% down and Bhoot is around 45% down. These are basically normal weekday trends but films had to be better than normal because neither took great starts.

The collections of Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan are now 34 crore nett plus after four days and is probably looking at  week of 42-43 crore nett. Bhoot stands at 18 crore nett after four days and is probably looking at a week of 23-24 crore nett.

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan could still emerge an Average fare depending on the second week but it has been rejected outside Delhi NCR with East Punjab and Rajasthan doing well for three days. The big problem was it did not get support at metros like Mumbai, Pune and Kolkata.

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1232179694469910528?s=21

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

https://youtu.be/EFI6_ZnYK9s

Watch the last 2 mnts esp. As he says, it is a HUGE step no matter technical flaws. The 30+ crore opening weekend proves it.

If it at least becomes average, there might be another filmmaker somewhere who's willing to take the risk.

Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Watched the movie during the weekend and thought it was entertaining. Loved Jeetus performance. really not sure why Ayushmann was over acting so much! He annoyed me at times. I actually enjoyed most of the scenes he wasn’t there. The guy went totally OTT. 

Neena Gupta is such a gem of an actress. So is Gajraj Rao.

The movie wasn’t too peachy which was good, liked how the message was delivered straightforward. Wouldn’t call it a perfect movie , too many things were happening and there was a certain disconnect but it delivered what it had to. So I’d definitely recommend this one!