Why don't BP & BM address the Maheshwaris' problematic relationships?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys!

I have been wondering since the beginning of the show why the Maheshwaris never really talk about the problems between their family members, especially KuShti ki kushti and MishMeet. 

The jealousy, resentment, misunderstandings are always swept under the carpet. Not once have I seen BP & BM, the elders of the household, address the very obvious friction between Kuhu and Mishti. Their approach is akin to putting a bandaid on a head injury. 

They don't address any of these issues directly, play Hum Saath Saath Hain, dance to songs and consider the problem resolved. If they really want these differences to be ironed out, they should speak to Kuhu and Jasmeet about their insecurities.

For instance, when the KuKu divorce truth came out, everyone was harping on about 'Why didn't Kuhu tell the family?' instead of asking her what the problem was or consoling her. It was an inquisition; she was crying her eyes out and they seemed unconcerned about her actual feelings. Not once did any of them go to her and find out what went wrong with Kunal, including Varsha and Shaurya. Though BP-BM make the right noises about Kuhu's happiness, I never see them actually going and talking to her and having a heartfelt conversation with her, unlike with Mishti. 

Coming to Jasmeet, BP-BM should talk to her about how her hatred for Mishti. Just saying 'Jasmeeet' sternly when she makes a mean comment is not enough. You have to solve the issue at its roots. These are superficial measures that won't yield results. I remember Jasmeet warmed up to Mishti in the middle but the Nannu episode changed it all. That time, Jasmeet was absolutely right in saying that she didn't want them married because Mishti loves Abir. Which mother would want their child to marry someone who loved another?

Now, it's clear that Jasmeet feels her and Nannu's feelings are being sidelined for Mishti's happiness. I am not commenting on whether it is right or wrong but BP-BM need to address it.

BP-BM are the decision-makers in the household. When you are the mukhiya, you have to reach out to people and talk to them.

What say?

100000000% agree. BM and BP have to do better by their children. They've been handling all the problems in their household so superficially since the very beginning. This has caused everything to spiral out of control. The Maheshwari family is an actual mess now because of their inability to handle things head-on. 

BP and BM have always had open communication with Mishti as she was their responsibility and they wanted to make sure she feels like part of the family. In Kuhu's case they don't communicate that closely with her as they are under the impression that her parents Varsha and Shaurya are doing the talking. I like how Varsha is always concerned about Kuhu and she has asked many times post wedding whether she's doing fine. It is Kuhu and Mishti's personalities that are so different which make them what they are today. Kuhu is someone who keeps things inside her when she thinks her family is going to be affected. Mishti on the other hand fights for what is hers and is a good person at heart who is all up to helping others (even when not asked for). Again, she is also concerned about hurting the family which is why both sisters put up a facade of being the best sisters. 

BP and BM cannot be totally blamed for how Kuhu and Mishti are today. They can be blamed for siding Mishti more but that's not wrong either. If they are to be blamed then it has to be on Jasmeet's behavior. Her hatred towards Mishti should've been erased in the beginning but it just keeps growing with each passing day and that is affecting Kuhu as well since Jasmeet is just adding fuel to the fire 

agar nannu ne rishta thoda hota tho itna farak nahi padta jass ko but mishti ne thoda tho she wants revenge and hurt her

Hey... I'm a silent reader but this post is so relatable,had to comment.

Mainly families don't address these issues of resentment, hatred and jealous and sweep everything under the carpet. Speaking from personal experience. Though I'm no Mishti mahaan I do hv a kuhu in my life and is always hushed off whenever I try to address the issues. 

Families mainly does this to keep the overall peace and I so hate it. BM BP not really retaliating in a harsh way or giving into kuhu's demands like that of a stubborn child is not really a healthy way of life.

Originally posted by aditi16

Mainly families don't address these issues of resentment, hatred and jealous and sweep everything under the carpet. Speaking from personal experience. Though I'm no Mishti mahaan I do hv a kuhu in my life and is always hushed off whenever I try to address the issues. 

Families mainly does this to keep the overall peace and I so hate it. BM BP not really retaliating in a harsh way or giving into kuhu's demands like that of a stubborn child is not really a healthy way of life.

Yes .

True that..in order to maintain the balance they need to stop giving into kuhu's demands and mishti must stop compromising for her in every situation . Instead find a solution where both sisters are equals. They could have easily arranged another mandap and pandit instead of getting tensed ..mishti must stop interfering in matters which doesnt concern her. Otherwise half of her life will go in sulking and explaining that she and her good intentions mean no harm to kuhu but indirectly somehow she ends up hurting her ðŸ˜† mishti is doing the same mistake as bp bm. 

Anyhow..bp and bm were not aware of this friction until sometime bk ? Sisters fight but not they may be livin in a cocoon that everything will be sorted on ts own as both r grown up n know good and bad. N they may have given kuhu's responsibility to varsha and shaurya..to correct her..n they side with mishti more bec they think mishti compromises more for kuhu . This very reason leads to over pampering and over protectiveness which kuhu mistakes for love   . It's unfair to be given a choice , to choose between 2 grand daughters . One has to adjust n mishti does so they think protecting her interests and stoking her emotions is also imp . 

Originally posted by journalgirl321

100000000% agree. BM and BP have to do better by their children. They've been handling all the problems in their household so superficially since the very beginning. This has caused everything to spiral out of control. The Maheshwari family is an actual mess now because of their inability to handle things head-on. 

Absolutely. Their handling of the family is very lazy. 

Originally posted by nami2811

BP and BM have always had open communication with Mishti as she was their responsibility and they wanted to make sure she feels like part of the family. In Kuhu's case they don't communicate that closely with her as they are under the impression that her parents Varsha and Shaurya are doing the talking. I like how Varsha is always concerned about Kuhu and she has asked many times post wedding whether she's doing fine. It is Kuhu and Mishti's personalities that are so different which make them what they are today. Kuhu is someone who keeps things inside her when she thinks her family is going to be affected. Mishti on the other hand fights for what is hers and is a good person at heart who is all up to helping others (even when not asked for). Again, she is also concerned about hurting the family which is why both sisters put up a facade of being the best sisters. 

BP and BM cannot be totally blamed for how Kuhu and Mishti are today. They can be blamed for siding Mishti more but that's not wrong either. If they are to be blamed then it has to be on Jasmeet's behavior. Her hatred towards Mishti should've been erased in the beginning but it just keeps growing with each passing day and that is affecting Kuhu as well since Jasmeet is just adding fuel to the fire smiley44

The problem is that BP-BM are the decision-makers for all the members of the household, including Kuhu. Varsha and Shaurya always defer to them, so as the decision makers, it is their duty to speak to everyone else as much as they do with Mishti. 

Also, BM's dialogues ring very hollow because BP-BM barely pay any attention to Kuhu except when giving gifts. Have never seen a proper one-to-one conversation between them and Kuhu. I remember there was a scene where Kuhu runs away and Mishti follows her. Kuhu turns around thinking it is Rajshri but sees it is Mishti.

Regarding Jasmeet, it's the same thing. They don't actually talk to her about the whole episode.

Originally posted by ruhi19

agar nannu ne rishta thoda hota tho itna farak nahi padta jass ko but mishti ne thoda tho she wants revenge and hurt her

Well, true but Jas' problem from the beginning was that she didn't feel Mishti was into Nannu which was true. She saw that Nannu was a compromise for Mishti. 

She is mean but then BP-BM don't address the problems she has with Mishti. 

Originally posted by _charu_

Yes .

True that..in order to maintain the balance they need to stop giving into kuhu's demands and mishti must stop compromising for her in every situation . Instead find a solution where both sisters are equals. They could have easily arranged another mandap and pandit instead of getting tensed ..mishti must stop interfering in matters which doesnt concern her. Otherwise half of her life will go in sulking and explaining that she and her good intentions mean no harm to kuhu but indirectly somehow she ends up hurting her ðŸ˜† mishti is doing the same mistake as bp bm. 

Anyhow..bp and bm were not aware of this friction until sometime bk ? Sisters fight but not they may be livin in a cocoon that everything will be sorted on ts own as both r grown up n know good and bad. N they may have given kuhu's responsibility to varsha and shaurya..to correct her..n they side with mishti more bec they think mishti compromises more for kuhu . This very reason leads to over pampering and over protectiveness which kuhu mistakes for love   . It's unfair to be given a choice , to choose between 2 grand daughters . One has to adjust n mishti does so they think protecting her interests and stoking her emotions is also imp . 

Right. They never speak to Kuhu before a mishap happens. Then, when it happens, the whole sacrifice drama starts. They give in then to avoid conflict but they're not resolving the real problem- Kuhu's resentment towards Mishti. 

Yes, Mishti stop being a typical ITV lead but that's the writers' fault. They can't write characters who are not compulsive helpers. 

BP-BM being unaware of the friction proves this point even more. How could they be unaware of such a thing for so many years? Varsha and Shaurya don't really make any decisions in the family so BP-BM should be more active in Kuhu's life. She clearly craves their affection too. The whole issue is due to lack of communication. I know the writers will let this fester for longer before there is another maha face off between KuShti.

Originally posted by aditi16

Hey, I am so glad I could make you comment 🤗 Welcome

Yes, this approach only maintains peace in the short term but causes problems in the long term.