LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Will prolly be a clean hit ....Taapsee rising ...Kangoli seething ðŸ˜†

https://twitter.com/HimeshMankad/status/1234130371895148550?s=20

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Watched the movie yesterday.... a well crafted movie, loved each and every character... Taapsee who I sometimes find a little bland was in her element... amazingly done... Lived her relation with her father... and the maid, oh such wonderfully acted... this movie should work... it gives why a small issue leaves a bigger impact which many fail to see in a patriarchal society... 

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Thappad First Weekend Business

Monday 02 March 2020 11.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Thappad had a poor weekend of 13.75 crore nett but the growth on Sunday which was around 30% has given it a chance. Saturday had growth of 70% plus and that is pretty much normal but Sunday growth is pretty good for this type of film.

The film is sure to do better than films like Panga and Saand Ki Aankh and maybe can even beat Chhapaak but even beating Chhapaak is not really a result. The Monday hold is very important and it really needs to be near the Friday number for a decent final result. The Sunday growth gives the film a chance of that though even if it gets it needs to hold through the week as on Friday there will be a drop due to Baaghi 3. The three-day collections of the film till date are as follows.

Friday - 2,75,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 4,75,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 6,25,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 13,75,00,000 apprx

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1234366561323872263?s=20

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I watched the film, it was thought provoking, yet beautifully made! But since it is a serious subject and lacks any absolute entertainment value, it wouldn't work beyond multiplexes - may end at 30 cr or less.

But it would be a big hit on TV/OTT platforms for sure. 

Kudos to Taapsee and Anubhav for making a very important film.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I loved the performances of the supporting cast - Ratna Pathak Shah, Tanvi Azmi, Kumud Mishra, Dia Mirza, Manav Kaul, Ram Kapoor, I'm sure there are more names, but they were all so good and made it such a natural experience. Didn't feel like I was watching a film at all.

I have asked my parents to watch it. Highly recommended.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

taran adarsh

@taran_adarsh

#Thappad has decent weekend... #Delhi, #NCR, #Mumbai contribute, compensate for the non-performance beyond metros... Healthy growth on Day 3 is a plus... Important to put up respectable numbers on weekdays... Fri 3.07 cr, Sat 5.05 cr, Sun 6.54 cr. Total: ₹ 14.66 cr. #India biz.

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Thappad First Monday Business

Tuesday 03 February 2020 10.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Thappad had a drop in collections of 30% on Monday which is not a huge drop but this sort of film needs to hold better on monday if it is do well. The film collected 2 crore nett on apprx taking its four day total to 15.75 crore nett.

The first week collections of the film will probably be around 21 crore nett and then with Baaghi 3 coming it will probably be a struggle to get 30 crore nett. The film will do better than the likes of Panga and Saand Ki Aankh but that is no achievement because these films were crap and that is putting it kindly.  it is likely to stay below Chhapaak which was as bad. the fact that Thappad has just one week before Baaghi 3 meant it had to do stronger business in week one because after that it was going to be an uphill task. The four day collections of the film till date are as follows.

Friday - 2,75,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 4,75,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 6,25,00,000 apprx

Monday - 2,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 15,75,00,000 apprx

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1234739512825327616?s=20

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
RestingTiger thumbnail

Edited

Edited by RestingTiger - 4 years ago